|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first few weeks of working for her Uncle Jameel, what is Frances NOT expected to do?
(a) Sleep with the customers.
(b) Strip for the customers.
(c) Sing for the customers.
(d) Serve drinks to the customers.
2. What does Frances plan to do with her earnings from working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Give them to Lily.
(b) She has no plans for the money.
(c) Run away to New York.
(d) Buy herself a new car.
3. Who shoots Frances?
4. How does Mercedes react when she learns her father is ill?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is confused.
5. How does Lily react when she meets Rose for the first time?
(a) She doesn't know what do with herself.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She slaps Rose across the face.
(d) She bursts out into tears.
6. Which flag does Lily carry when she marches in the Armistice Day Parade?
(a) The American Flag.
(b) The Nova Scotian Flag.
(c) The French Flag.
(d) The Canadian Flag.
7. Why didn't Mercedes want Frances to raise her own son?
(a) Because she didn't want Frances raising a mixed race child.
(b) Because she didn't think Frances was mature enough.
(c) Because she didn't think Frances was capable of love.
(d) Because she was jealous of Frances's ability to be a mother.
8. Who kisses Mercedes on the lips after her graduation?
(a) James Piper.
(b) Pete the Scarecrow.
(c) Mr. Mahmoud.
(d) Ralph Luvovitz.
9. What persona does Frances take on while working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Joan Brown.
(b) Maria Ford.
(c) Louise Brooks.
(d) Valerie Perrine.
10. Who does Mercedes believe is the cause of the family's pain and suffering?
11. Which of Frances's relatives has a crush on her and hopes to marry her someday?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her nephew.
12. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
13. How old is Frances's baby when he dies?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
14. What does Frances name her son?
15. How much money does Frances want to save up as a gift to Lily?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music did Kathleen and Rose listen to?
2. What ailment affects Teresa Taylor's husband Hector?
3. Which of the following medical ailments does James suffer from, after he learns of Frances's pregnancy?
4. How does Camille react when she meets her niece Frances for the first time?
5. How long does it take Lily to reach New York from New Waterford?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)