|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mercedes pray?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the coal cellar.
(d) In the attic.
2. Who does Frances claim lives in the cave?
3. Where was Kathleen's lover David going to be sent during the war?
4. Who send James Piper the anonymous note informing him of Kathleen's relationship with Rose?
5. What does Frances steal from the Mahmoud household when she breaks in?
6. How far along is Frances when her pregnancy begins to show?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Five months.
7. What school offers Mercedes a full scholarship to attend their University?
(a) Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows.
(b) The Catholic Unversity of America.
(c) Saint Francis Xavier.
(d) Pontifical University Antonianum.
8. At which famous New York building did Herr Blutwurst arrange for Kathleen to have an audition?
(a) At the Church of the Messiah.
(b) At the Metropolitan Opera.
(c) At the Olympia Theatre.
(d) At the Grand Symphonic Orchestra.
9. Who tells Lily the truth that Kathleen is her mother?
(c) Lily discovers the truth on her own.
10. Which of the following medical ailments does James suffer from, after he learns of Frances's pregnancy?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A seizure.
(d) A coronary.
11. Why is Frances expelled from school?
(a) For assaulting a fellow school mate.
(b) For missing too many days of school.
(c) For cheating on an exam.
(d) For vandalizing school property.
12. What year does Mercedes graduate from high school?
13. How old is Frances's baby when he dies?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
14. Who does Frances claim is Lily's real father?
(a) She claims no one knows who Lily's father is.
(b) The milkman.
(d) A black neighbor.
15. Where do France and Leo have sex?
(a) In the backseat of Leo's car.
(b) In the caves.
(c) In Leo's marital bed.
(d) In the speakeasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which flag does Lily carry when she marches in the Armistice Day Parade?
2. How old was Frances's son when he met Mercedes for the first time?
3. Who does Mercedes believe is the cause of the family's pain and suffering?
4. What does Frances claim is the only thing she wanted from Leo?
5. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)