|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mercedes arrange for Frances to give birth to her baby?
2. What school offers Mercedes a full scholarship to attend their University?
(a) Saint Francis Xavier.
(b) The Catholic Unversity of America.
(c) Pontifical University Antonianum.
(d) Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows.
3. Which of the following medical ailments does James suffer from, after he learns of Frances's pregnancy?
(a) A coronary.
(b) A seizure.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
4. What year does Mercedes graduate from high school?
5. Who does Mercedes believe is the cause of the family's pain and suffering?
6. How does Camille react when she meets her niece Frances for the first time?
(a) She bursts into tears.
(b) She verbally abuses her.
(c) She embraces her.
(d) She ignores Frances completely.
7. What type of music did Kathleen and Rose listen to?
8. Who does Frances claim lives in the cave?
9. What does Frances plan to do with her earnings from working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Run away to New York.
(b) Buy herself a new car.
(c) She has no plans for the money.
(d) Give them to Lily.
10. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
11. What is the name of Jameel's only son?
12. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her spine.
(d) Her arm.
13. Why does Mercedes turn down her university scholarship?
(a) Because she is afraid of failing at University.
(b) Because she wants to get married immediately.
(c) Because she doesn't want to leave Lily.
(d) Because her father refuses to let her go.
14. Who does Frances suspect is the father of Kathleen's children?
(a) Mr. Mahmoud.
(b) James Piper.
(c) Leo Taylor.
(d) Benny Luvovitz.
15. How does Mercedes react when she learns her father is ill?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does pregnancy affect Frances's character?
2. Which flag does Lily carry when she marches in the Armistice Day Parade?
3. What is Leo Taylor's nickname?
4. Where does Mercedes pray?
5. How old is Frances's baby when he dies?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)