|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frances claim lives in the cave?
2. In the first few weeks of working for her Uncle Jameel, what is Frances NOT expected to do?
(a) Strip for the customers.
(b) Sing for the customers.
(c) Sleep with the customers.
(d) Serve drinks to the customers.
3. Who shoots Frances?
4. Where does Mercedes pray?
(a) In the coal cellar.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In her bedroom.
5. What does Frances plan to do with her earnings from working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Give them to Lily.
(b) Run away to New York.
(c) She has no plans for the money.
(d) Buy herself a new car.
6. Which of the following items is NOT something Lily takes with her from the hope chest when she runs away from home?
(a) Her father's pocketwatch.
(b) All of Lily's money.
(c) Her mother's diary.
(d) Her mother's green dress.
7. What does Lily demand when business picks up at the speakeasy?
(a) A higher raise.
(b) A new piano.
(c) Half of the door-fees.
(d) All of the answers are true.
8. What year does Mercedes graduate from high school?
9. Who send James Piper the anonymous note informing him of Kathleen's relationship with Rose?
10. Who does Frances suspect is the father of Kathleen's children?
(a) Mr. Mahmoud.
(b) Benny Luvovitz.
(c) Leo Taylor.
(d) James Piper.
11. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
12. How old was Frances's son when he met Mercedes for the first time?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Eight years old.
13. Where does Mercedes arrange for Frances to give birth to her baby?
14. Who does Frances claim is the devil?
15. How does Camille react when she meets her niece Frances for the first time?
(a) She embraces her.
(b) She bursts into tears.
(c) She verbally abuses her.
(d) She ignores Frances completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
2. Why is Frances expelled from school?
3. Why won't James let Frances drop out of school like she wants?
4. Where does Mercedes place a photograph of Kathleen, much to James's anger?
5. At which famous New York building did Herr Blutwurst arrange for Kathleen to have an audition?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)