|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Frances attends?
(a) Mount Cherry.
(b) Mount Chocolate.
(c) Mount Caramel.
(d) Mount Coco.
2. Who kisses Mercedes on the lips after her graduation?
(a) Mr. Mahmoud.
(b) James Piper.
(c) Ralph Luvovitz.
(d) Pete the Scarecrow.
3. How does Camille react when she meets her niece Frances for the first time?
(a) She ignores Frances completely.
(b) She verbally abuses her.
(c) She bursts into tears.
(d) She embraces her.
4. What persona does Frances take on while working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Valerie Perrine.
(b) Joan Brown.
(c) Maria Ford.
(d) Louise Brooks.
5. What type of music did Kathleen and Rose listen to?
6. Who does Frances claim is Lily's real father?
(a) She claims no one knows who Lily's father is.
(b) A black neighbor.
(c) The milkman.
7. Who does Frances claim lives in the cave?
8. In the first few weeks of working for her Uncle Jameel, what is Frances NOT expected to do?
(a) Sing for the customers.
(b) Sleep with the customers.
(c) Strip for the customers.
(d) Serve drinks to the customers.
9. What does Frances name her son?
10. Who does Mercedes believe is the cause of the family's pain and suffering?
11. How much money does Frances want to save up as a gift to Lily?
12. What year does Mercedes graduate from high school?
13. How far along is Frances when her pregnancy begins to show?
(a) Three months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
14. What happens moments before Lily passes out in the cave?
(a) She wets her pants.
(b) She speaks in tongues.
(c) She cries out to the Heavens.
(d) She begins convulsing.
15. Who is the true father of Kathleen's children?
(a) James Piper.
(b) Doc Rose.
(c) Benny Luvovitz.
(d) Leo Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mercedes rename Frances's son?
2. Why is Frances expelled from school?
3. What does Frances plan to do with her earnings from working for her Uncle Jameel?
4. Which of the following medical ailments does James suffer from, after he learns of Frances's pregnancy?
5. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)