|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is NOT something Lily takes with her from the hope chest when she runs away from home?
(a) Her mother's green dress.
(b) All of Lily's money.
(c) Her father's pocketwatch.
(d) Her mother's diary.
2. Who tells Lily the truth that Kathleen is her mother?
(d) Lily discovers the truth on her own.
3. Who does Frances claim is Lily's real father?
(a) The milkman.
(b) She claims no one knows who Lily's father is.
(c) A black neighbor.
4. What does Frances plan to do with her earnings from working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Run away to New York.
(b) She has no plans for the money.
(c) Buy herself a new car.
(d) Give them to Lily.
5. How far along is Frances when her pregnancy begins to show?
(a) Four months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
6. What does Frances claim is the only thing she wanted from Leo?
(a) A baby.
(b) She didn't want anything from Leo.
7. Where does Mercedes arrange for Frances to give birth to her baby?
8. Who shoots Frances?
9. How does pregnancy affect Frances's character?
(a) She becomes sullen and depressed.
(b) She becomes irritable and annoyed.
(c) She becomes peaceful and happy.
(d) She becomes overly excited and emotional.
10. Who does Mr. Mahmoud blame for the stolen items in his house?
(a) Mrs. Mahmoud.
(b) Frances Piper.
(c) He does not notice anything is missing.
(d) Teresa Taylor.
11. What ailment affects Teresa Taylor's husband Hector?
(a) He is epileptic.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is deaf.
12. What is the name of the school Frances attends?
(a) Mount Cherry.
(b) Mount Coco.
(c) Mount Chocolate.
(d) Mount Caramel.
13. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
14. What type of business does Uncle Jameel own?
(a) A race track.
(b) A strip club.
(c) A gambling parlor.
(d) A speakeasy.
15. Who does Frances suspect is the father of Kathleen's children?
(a) Benny Luvovitz.
(b) Mr. Mahmoud.
(c) James Piper.
(d) Leo Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the true father of Kathleen's children?
2. Where is Lily supposed to be on the day Frances drags her into the cave?
3. What type of music did Kathleen and Rose listen to?
4. What does Lily believe impregnated Frances?
5. How old is Frances's baby when he dies?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)