|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shoots Frances?
2. What does Frances claim is the only thing she wanted from Leo?
(a) A baby.
(b) She didn't want anything from Leo.
3. Who does Frances claim is the devil?
4. Who send James Piper the anonymous note informing him of Kathleen's relationship with Rose?
5. What does Frances attempt to purchase from Leo Taylor while wearing her Girl Scout uniform?
6. How old is Frances's baby when he dies?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
7. What does Lily believe impregnated Frances?
(a) The angels.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The bullet.
(d) The bull.
8. What persona does Frances take on while working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Maria Ford.
(b) Louise Brooks.
(c) Valerie Perrine.
(d) Joan Brown.
9. Which of Frances's relatives has a crush on her and hopes to marry her someday?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her nephew.
10. How long does it take Lily to reach New York from New Waterford?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 37 days.
(c) 19 days.
(d) 28 days.
11. What type of business does Uncle Jameel own?
(a) A speakeasy.
(b) A race track.
(c) A strip club.
(d) A gambling parlor.
12. Where do France and Leo have sex?
(a) In Leo's marital bed.
(b) In the caves.
(c) In the backseat of Leo's car.
(d) In the speakeasy.
13. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
14. Who is the true father of Kathleen's children?
(a) Doc Rose.
(b) Leo Taylor.
(c) Benny Luvovitz.
(d) James Piper.
15. How old was Frances's son when he met Mercedes for the first time?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frances plan to do with her earnings from working for her Uncle Jameel?
2. Where does Mercedes arrange for Frances to give birth to her baby?
3. Which flag does Lily carry when she marches in the Armistice Day Parade?
4. What year does Mercedes graduate from high school?
5. Why won't James let Frances drop out of school like she wants?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)