|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What persona does Frances take on while working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Maria Ford.
(b) Joan Brown.
(c) Louise Brooks.
(d) Valerie Perrine.
2. Where does Mercedes pray?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) In the coal cellar.
(d) In the attic.
3. Which of Frances's relatives has a crush on her and hopes to marry her someday?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her nephew.
4. How does pregnancy affect Frances's character?
(a) She becomes peaceful and happy.
(b) She becomes irritable and annoyed.
(c) She becomes sullen and depressed.
(d) She becomes overly excited and emotional.
5. At which famous New York building did Herr Blutwurst arrange for Kathleen to have an audition?
(a) At the Olympia Theatre.
(b) At the Grand Symphonic Orchestra.
(c) At the Metropolitan Opera.
(d) At the Church of the Messiah.
6. Who kisses Mercedes on the lips after her graduation?
(a) James Piper.
(b) Pete the Scarecrow.
(c) Ralph Luvovitz.
(d) Mr. Mahmoud.
7. Who send James Piper the anonymous note informing him of Kathleen's relationship with Rose?
8. In the first few weeks of working for her Uncle Jameel, what is Frances NOT expected to do?
(a) Sing for the customers.
(b) Strip for the customers.
(c) Serve drinks to the customers.
(d) Sleep with the customers.
9. Where do France and Leo have sex?
(a) In the speakeasy.
(b) In the backseat of Leo's car.
(c) In the caves.
(d) In Leo's marital bed.
10. How does Adelaide Taylor feel about Frances?
(a) She does not trust her.
(b) She is apathetic to her.
(c) She cherishes her as her own daughter.
(d) She does not know who she is.
11. Which of the following medical ailments does James suffer from, after he learns of Frances's pregnancy?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A coronary.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
12. How does Camille react when she meets her niece Frances for the first time?
(a) She embraces her.
(b) She verbally abuses her.
(c) She bursts into tears.
(d) She ignores Frances completely.
13. How old is Frances's baby when he dies?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
14. What does Lily demand when business picks up at the speakeasy?
(a) All of the answers are true.
(b) A higher raise.
(c) Half of the door-fees.
(d) A new piano.
15. What does Frances name her son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mercedes arrange for Frances to give birth to her baby?
2. Who does Frances suspect is the father of Kathleen's children?
3. Why does Mercedes turn down her university scholarship?
4. How much money does Frances want to save up as a gift to Lily?
5. Where does Mercedes place a photograph of Kathleen, much to James's anger?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)