|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Kathleen's lover David going to be sent during the war?
2. What is Leo Taylor's nickname?
(d) Leo the Lion.
3. Who does Frances claim is the devil?
4. What is the name of the school Frances attends?
(a) Mount Cherry.
(b) Mount Coco.
(c) Mount Caramel.
(d) Mount Chocolate.
5. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
(a) Her spine.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her arm.
6. What ailment affects Teresa Taylor's husband Hector?
(a) He is epileptic.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is blind.
7. What does Frances claim is the only thing she wanted from Leo?
(b) She didn't want anything from Leo.
(d) A baby.
8. Who tells Lily the truth that Kathleen is her mother?
(a) Lily discovers the truth on her own.
9. Why won't James let Frances drop out of school like she wants?
(a) Because he is afraid he will look like a failure.
(b) Because the principal believes Frances is a gifted student.
(c) Because he doesn't want Frances at home during the days.
(d) All of these answers are true.
10. What does Frances name her son?
11. Who does Mr. Mahmoud blame for the stolen items in his house?
(a) Frances Piper.
(b) Teresa Taylor.
(c) Mrs. Mahmoud.
(d) He does not notice anything is missing.
12. Who does Frances suspect is the father of Kathleen's children?
(a) Benny Luvovitz.
(b) Leo Taylor.
(c) James Piper.
(d) Mr. Mahmoud.
13. What year does Mercedes graduate from high school?
14. What does Frances steal from the Mahmoud household when she breaks in?
15. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
(a) Because it reminds him of the horrors of war.
(b) Because it is the day his wife died.
(c) Because it is the day he sent Kathleen off to live in New York.
(d) Because it is the day he went searching for Kathleen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily demand when business picks up at the speakeasy?
2. At which famous New York building did Herr Blutwurst arrange for Kathleen to have an audition?
3. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
4. What is the name of Jameel's only son?
5. Who is the true father of Kathleen's children?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)