|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily believe impregnated Frances?
(a) The bull.
(b) The bullet.
(c) The angels.
(d) The ocean.
2. How old is Frances's baby when he dies?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
3. What did Mercedes rename Frances's son?
4. What does Frances plan to do with her earnings from working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Run away to New York.
(b) She has no plans for the money.
(c) Give them to Lily.
(d) Buy herself a new car.
5. Who does Mercedes believe is the cause of the family's pain and suffering?
6. What is Leo Taylor's nickname?
(b) Leo the Lion.
7. What does Frances claim is the only thing she wanted from Leo?
(a) She didn't want anything from Leo.
(c) A baby.
8. Who send James Piper the anonymous note informing him of Kathleen's relationship with Rose?
9. What school offers Mercedes a full scholarship to attend their University?
(a) Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows.
(b) The Catholic Unversity of America.
(c) Saint Francis Xavier.
(d) Pontifical University Antonianum.
10. What happens moments before Lily passes out in the cave?
(a) She wets her pants.
(b) She begins convulsing.
(c) She speaks in tongues.
(d) She cries out to the Heavens.
11. How does Mercedes react when she learns her father is ill?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is confused.
12. How far along is Frances when her pregnancy begins to show?
(a) Four months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Six months.
13. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her spine.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her arm.
14. Who is the true father of Kathleen's children?
(a) James Piper.
(b) Leo Taylor.
(c) Doc Rose.
(d) Benny Luvovitz.
15. Which of her father's clothing items did Rose frequently wear to feel close to him?
(a) His baseball glove.
(b) His hat.
(c) His necktie.
(d) His college sweatshirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first few weeks of working for her Uncle Jameel, what is Frances NOT expected to do?
2. Why does Mercedes turn down her university scholarship?
3. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
4. Who tells Lily the truth that Kathleen is her mother?
5. Where does Mercedes place a photograph of Kathleen, much to James's anger?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)