|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mercedes rename Frances's son?
2. How does Mercedes react when she learns her father is ill?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is terrified.
(d) She is confused.
3. Who does Mr. Mahmoud blame for the stolen items in his house?
(a) He does not notice anything is missing.
(b) Frances Piper.
(c) Teresa Taylor.
(d) Mrs. Mahmoud.
4. How does Camille react when she meets her niece Frances for the first time?
(a) She embraces her.
(b) She verbally abuses her.
(c) She ignores Frances completely.
(d) She bursts into tears.
5. Why is Frances expelled from school?
(a) For assaulting a fellow school mate.
(b) For cheating on an exam.
(c) For missing too many days of school.
(d) For vandalizing school property.
6. How old is Frances's baby when he dies?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
7. Where do France and Leo have sex?
(a) In the speakeasy.
(b) In the caves.
(c) In the backseat of Leo's car.
(d) In Leo's marital bed.
8. What type of business does Uncle Jameel own?
(a) A speakeasy.
(b) A race track.
(c) A gambling parlor.
(d) A strip club.
9. What does Frances plan to do with her earnings from working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Run away to New York.
(b) She has no plans for the money.
(c) Give them to Lily.
(d) Buy herself a new car.
10. Where does Mercedes place a photograph of Kathleen, much to James's anger?
(a) In the family photo album.
(b) On top of the piano.
(c) Above the crucifix.
(d) In her locket.
11. What does Frances attempt to purchase from Leo Taylor while wearing her Girl Scout uniform?
12. What ailment affects Teresa Taylor's husband Hector?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is epileptic.
13. Which flag does Lily carry when she marches in the Armistice Day Parade?
(a) The Canadian Flag.
(b) The French Flag.
(c) The Nova Scotian Flag.
(d) The American Flag.
14. What does Frances name her son?
15. What happens moments before Lily passes out in the cave?
(a) She begins convulsing.
(b) She wets her pants.
(c) She speaks in tongues.
(d) She cries out to the Heavens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Frances's son when he met Mercedes for the first time?
2. How long does it take Lily to reach New York from New Waterford?
3. Why didn't Mercedes want Frances to raise her own son?
4. What is the name of Jameel's only son?
5. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)