|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily demand when business picks up at the speakeasy?
(a) Half of the door-fees.
(b) A new piano.
(c) All of the answers are true.
(d) A higher raise.
2. What is the name of Jameel's only son?
3. What ailment affects Teresa Taylor's husband Hector?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is epileptic.
(d) He is blind.
4. Who does Mercedes believe is the cause of the family's pain and suffering?
5. How does Mercedes react when she learns her father is ill?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is terrified.
6. How does pregnancy affect Frances's character?
(a) She becomes sullen and depressed.
(b) She becomes irritable and annoyed.
(c) She becomes peaceful and happy.
(d) She becomes overly excited and emotional.
7. What is the name of the school Frances attends?
(a) Mount Cherry.
(b) Mount Caramel.
(c) Mount Coco.
(d) Mount Chocolate.
8. What happens moments before Lily passes out in the cave?
(a) She speaks in tongues.
(b) She begins convulsing.
(c) She wets her pants.
(d) She cries out to the Heavens.
9. Which of Frances's relatives has a crush on her and hopes to marry her someday?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her nephew.
10. Where is Lily supposed to be on the day Frances drags her into the cave?
(a) Girl Scouts.
(b) The doctor's office.
11. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her spine.
12. Why is Frances expelled from school?
(a) For assaulting a fellow school mate.
(b) For vandalizing school property.
(c) For cheating on an exam.
(d) For missing too many days of school.
13. What school offers Mercedes a full scholarship to attend their University?
(a) The Catholic Unversity of America.
(b) Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows.
(c) Saint Francis Xavier.
(d) Pontifical University Antonianum.
14. Who does Frances claim is Lily's real father?
(a) The milkman.
(c) A black neighbor.
(d) She claims no one knows who Lily's father is.
15. Where does Mercedes arrange for Frances to give birth to her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
2. Who is the true father of Kathleen's children?
3. Which of the following medical ailments does James suffer from, after he learns of Frances's pregnancy?
4. What does Frances steal from the Mahmoud household when she breaks in?
5. Who shoots Frances?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)