|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Camille react when she meets her niece Frances for the first time?
(a) She embraces her.
(b) She bursts into tears.
(c) She ignores Frances completely.
(d) She verbally abuses her.
2. Which of her father's clothing items did Rose frequently wear to feel close to him?
(a) His hat.
(b) His college sweatshirt.
(c) His baseball glove.
(d) His necktie.
3. Who does Mr. Mahmoud blame for the stolen items in his house?
(a) Teresa Taylor.
(b) He does not notice anything is missing.
(c) Mrs. Mahmoud.
(d) Frances Piper.
4. Why didn't Mercedes want Frances to raise her own son?
(a) Because she didn't want Frances raising a mixed race child.
(b) Because she didn't think Frances was capable of love.
(c) Because she was jealous of Frances's ability to be a mother.
(d) Because she didn't think Frances was mature enough.
5. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
6. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her spine.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her leg.
7. How does Adelaide Taylor feel about Frances?
(a) She is apathetic to her.
(b) She does not trust her.
(c) She cherishes her as her own daughter.
(d) She does not know who she is.
8. Which of Frances's relatives has a crush on her and hopes to marry her someday?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her cousin.
9. What happens moments before Lily passes out in the cave?
(a) She begins convulsing.
(b) She speaks in tongues.
(c) She wets her pants.
(d) She cries out to the Heavens.
10. How does Mercedes react when she learns her father is ill?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is terrified.
11. What year does Mercedes graduate from high school?
12. Where does Mercedes arrange for Frances to give birth to her baby?
13. Who tells Lily the truth that Kathleen is her mother?
(d) Lily discovers the truth on her own.
14. Which of the following items is NOT something Lily takes with her from the hope chest when she runs away from home?
(a) Her mother's diary.
(b) Her mother's green dress.
(c) All of Lily's money.
(d) Her father's pocketwatch.
15. What does Frances name her son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Frances?
2. What does Lily believe impregnated Frances?
3. Who kisses Mercedes on the lips after her graduation?
4. Where do France and Leo have sex?
5. What is the name of the school Frances attends?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)