|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Mercedes graduate from high school?
2. Which flag does Lily carry when she marches in the Armistice Day Parade?
(a) The American Flag.
(b) The French Flag.
(c) The Canadian Flag.
(d) The Nova Scotian Flag.
3. Which of Frances's relatives has a crush on her and hopes to marry her someday?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her uncle.
4. Which of her father's clothing items did Rose frequently wear to feel close to him?
(a) His necktie.
(b) His baseball glove.
(c) His hat.
(d) His college sweatshirt.
5. Who tells Lily the truth that Kathleen is her mother?
(a) Lily discovers the truth on her own.
6. Where do France and Leo have sex?
(a) In Leo's marital bed.
(b) In the speakeasy.
(c) In the caves.
(d) In the backseat of Leo's car.
7. Why won't James let Frances drop out of school like she wants?
(a) All of these answers are true.
(b) Because he is afraid he will look like a failure.
(c) Because he doesn't want Frances at home during the days.
(d) Because the principal believes Frances is a gifted student.
8. What does Lily demand when business picks up at the speakeasy?
(a) All of the answers are true.
(b) Half of the door-fees.
(c) A higher raise.
(d) A new piano.
9. What type of music did Kathleen and Rose listen to?
10. How far along is Frances when her pregnancy begins to show?
(a) Three months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Six months.
11. What does Frances claim is the only thing she wanted from Leo?
(a) She didn't want anything from Leo.
(c) A baby.
12. Who is the true father of Kathleen's children?
(a) Leo Taylor.
(b) Benny Luvovitz.
(c) Doc Rose.
(d) James Piper.
13. How does Frances's baby die?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He drowns in the creek.
(c) He suffers from infant polio.
(d) He dies in his sleep.
14. What does Lily believe impregnated Frances?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The angels.
(c) The bullet.
(d) The bull.
15. How does Lily react when she meets Rose for the first time?
(a) She slaps Rose across the face.
(b) She doesn't know what do with herself.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She bursts out into tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frances suspect is the father of Kathleen's children?
2. How does pregnancy affect Frances's character?
3. Why didn't Mercedes want Frances to raise her own son?
4. What did Mercedes rename Frances's son?
5. How does Mercedes react when she learns her father is ill?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)