|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of music did Kathleen and Rose listen to?
2. What does Frances steal from the Mahmoud household when she breaks in?
3. How much money does Frances want to save up as a gift to Lily?
4. How old was Frances's son when he met Mercedes for the first time?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
5. What school offers Mercedes a full scholarship to attend their University?
(a) The Catholic Unversity of America.
(b) Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows.
(c) Saint Francis Xavier.
(d) Pontifical University Antonianum.
6. Where does Mercedes arrange for Frances to give birth to her baby?
7. How far along is Frances when her pregnancy begins to show?
(a) Four months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
8. How does Lily react when she meets Rose for the first time?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She doesn't know what do with herself.
(c) She bursts out into tears.
(d) She slaps Rose across the face.
9. Who tells Lily the truth that Kathleen is her mother?
(b) Lily discovers the truth on her own.
10. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
(a) Because it reminds him of the horrors of war.
(b) Because it is the day his wife died.
(c) Because it is the day he went searching for Kathleen.
(d) Because it is the day he sent Kathleen off to live in New York.
11. What type of business does Uncle Jameel own?
(a) A speakeasy.
(b) A race track.
(c) A gambling parlor.
(d) A strip club.
12. Which of the following items is NOT something Lily takes with her from the hope chest when she runs away from home?
(a) Her father's pocketwatch.
(b) Her mother's green dress.
(c) All of Lily's money.
(d) Her mother's diary.
13. What is the name of Jameel's only son?
14. Why didn't Mercedes want Frances to raise her own son?
(a) Because she didn't think Frances was mature enough.
(b) Because she didn't want Frances raising a mixed race child.
(c) Because she was jealous of Frances's ability to be a mother.
(d) Because she didn't think Frances was capable of love.
15. Which of Frances's relatives has a crush on her and hopes to marry her someday?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do France and Leo have sex?
2. How does Adelaide Taylor feel about Frances?
3. How does Camille react when she meets her niece Frances for the first time?
4. Who does Frances claim lives in the cave?
5. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)