|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mercedes rename Frances's son?
2. Who does Mr. Mahmoud blame for the stolen items in his house?
(a) Mrs. Mahmoud.
(b) He does not notice anything is missing.
(c) Frances Piper.
(d) Teresa Taylor.
3. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
(a) Because it is the day he went searching for Kathleen.
(b) Because it is the day he sent Kathleen off to live in New York.
(c) Because it is the day his wife died.
(d) Because it reminds him of the horrors of war.
4. What is the name of Jameel's only son?
5. Who tells Lily the truth that Kathleen is her mother?
(d) Lily discovers the truth on her own.
6. Which of the following medical ailments does James suffer from, after he learns of Frances's pregnancy?
(a) A coronary.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A seizure.
(d) A heart attack.
7. At which famous New York building did Herr Blutwurst arrange for Kathleen to have an audition?
(a) At the Metropolitan Opera.
(b) At the Grand Symphonic Orchestra.
(c) At the Olympia Theatre.
(d) At the Church of the Messiah.
8. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her spine.
9. Why won't James let Frances drop out of school like she wants?
(a) All of these answers are true.
(b) Because he doesn't want Frances at home during the days.
(c) Because he is afraid he will look like a failure.
(d) Because the principal believes Frances is a gifted student.
10. Why is Frances expelled from school?
(a) For vandalizing school property.
(b) For cheating on an exam.
(c) For assaulting a fellow school mate.
(d) For missing too many days of school.
11. How old was Frances's son when he met Mercedes for the first time?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
12. What does Frances attempt to purchase from Leo Taylor while wearing her Girl Scout uniform?
13. Who does Frances suspect is the father of Kathleen's children?
(a) Mr. Mahmoud.
(b) Benny Luvovitz.
(c) James Piper.
(d) Leo Taylor.
14. What persona does Frances take on while working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Louise Brooks.
(b) Joan Brown.
(c) Valerie Perrine.
(d) Maria Ford.
15. Why didn't Mercedes want Frances to raise her own son?
(a) Because she didn't want Frances raising a mixed race child.
(b) Because she was jealous of Frances's ability to be a mother.
(c) Because she didn't think Frances was mature enough.
(d) Because she didn't think Frances was capable of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mercedes react when she learns her father is ill?
2. What happens moments before Lily passes out in the cave?
3. Which flag does Lily carry when she marches in the Armistice Day Parade?
4. Who send James Piper the anonymous note informing him of Kathleen's relationship with Rose?
5. Who kisses Mercedes on the lips after her graduation?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)