|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Piper family members create a family tree to show the generations who lived before them?
2. What type of town is the town where the Piper family lives?
(a) A mining town.
(b) A shopping town.
(c) A historic town.
(d) A ghost town.
3. What is the name of Kathleen's accompanist in New York?
4. What is the name of the street the Piper family lives on?
(a) Wind Street.
(b) Earth Street.
(c) Water Street.
(d) Fire Street.
5. Which of the following is NOT an object Frances proposed using as rosary beads when a proper rosary wasn't present?
(a) Dots on a newspaper.
(b) Mouse turds.
(c) Clouds in the sky.
6. How long after receiving the mysterious note, does James arrive in Grand Central Station to bring Kathleen home?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three hours.
7. In what room of the house did Mumma die?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the living room.
8. What does Frances show to Lily to prove that Ambrose was a real person?
(a) His christening gown.
(b) A photo of his corpse.
(c) His headstone.
(d) His birth certificate.
9. How old was Other Lily when she died?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
10. How does James react when Kathleen sneaks up behind him and strikes the keys while he is tuning the piano?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He begins to sing.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He hugs her.
11. What does Frances tell Lily they may find if they dig around in the back yard?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) The truth.
(c) A buried treasure.
12. Which of the following Piper women waits hopefully everyday for James's death notice to arrive?
13. What is the name of Lily's favorite movie star, whom she is teased mercilessly for admiring?
(a) Greta Garbo.
(b) Claudette Colbert.
(c) Mary Pickford.
(d) Barbara Stanwyck.
14. Why did Frances bring the new baby down to the river where he died?
(a) To bathe him.
(b) To baptize him.
(c) To teach him how to swim.
(d) To give him a drink.
15. Who takes the blame for moving the rocks around Ambrose's grave?
(a) All of the Piper girls take the blame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member found Materia after her apparent suicide?
2. What is the name of the Piper family's cat?
3. What is James's reaction to burying Ambrose?
4. How does Kathleen's accompanist feel about Kathleen's voice?
5. How often does Kathleen write home, after moving to New York?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)