|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: The Bullet, Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa Taylor give to Frances that infuriates Kathleen?
(a) A piece of candy.
(b) A black doll.
(c) A beating.
(d) A photograph of her mother.
2. What is the name of Materia's fourth daughter, who only lives a few days before her death?
3. After Kathleen was born, where did Materia find work as a piano player?
(a) At the Empire Theatre.
(b) At the elementary school.
(c) At a nearby French restaurant.
(d) At the Baptist church.
4. Which North American city is Materia desperate to move to after her marriage?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
5. What is the name of Kathleen's accompanist in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Kathleen write home, after moving to New York?
2. In what year is Materia's first child born?
3. What does Mercedes do in the hopes of repairing her family's name in the community?
4. How does Kathleen feel about New York when she finally moves there?
5. How old is Kathleen during her first singing recital?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)