|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: No Man's Land, Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room of the house did Mumma die?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the living room.
2. What type of town is the town where the Piper family lives?
(a) A ghost town.
(b) A historic town.
(c) A shopping town.
(d) A mining town.
3. Which of the following is NOT an object Frances proposed using as rosary beads when a proper rosary wasn't present?
(a) Dots on a newspaper.
(b) Clouds in the sky.
(d) Mouse turds.
4. What is James's reaction to burying Ambrose?
(a) He shouts and curses his daughters.
(b) He weeps loudly.
(c) He prays to the Heavens to protect the baby's lost soul.
(d) He is stoic and cold.
5. How does the crowd react to Kathleen during her first recital performance?
(a) They jeer and boo her.
(b) They give her a standing ovation.
(c) The applaud politely.
(d) They sit in silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Luvovitz sell by the roadside?
2. What is the gender of Kathleen's baby?
3. What is the name of the city where the Piper family lives?
4. What is significant about Daddy's hair in the photograph the narrator describes in the prologue?
5. What is the name of Materia's second born daughter?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)