|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: No Man's Land, Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Piper women waits hopefully everyday for James's death notice to arrive?
2. In what room of the house did Mumma die?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the bathroom.
3. How old is Leo Taylor when he is hired by James to drive Kathleen to and from school?
4. Why did Frances bring the new baby down to the river where he died?
(a) To baptize him.
(b) To give him a drink.
(c) To teach him how to swim.
(d) To bathe him.
5. How does Kathleen's accompanist feel about Kathleen's voice?
(a) She thinks it is often sharp.
(b) She thinks it is often flat.
(c) She thinks it is a lost cause.
(d) She thinks it is angelic and perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is James's secret to staying alive on the battlefield?
2. What type of man does Kathleen want to marry when she grows up?
3. Who teaches Frances how to read?
4. How does Kathleen react when her father is deployed overseas?
5. What disease is Kathleen's baby born with, causing the house to be put in quarantine?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)