|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: The Bullet, Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Kathleen was enrolled in as a child?
(a) Saint Mary's.
(b) Holy Angels.
(c) Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows.
(d) Sydney's School for Catholic Girls.
2. How does pregnancy affect Frances's character?
(a) She becomes peaceful and happy.
(b) She becomes irritable and annoyed.
(c) She becomes overly excited and emotional.
(d) She becomes sullen and depressed.
3. When her father is gone, how does Kathleen treat her younger sisters?
(a) She ignores them as usual.
(b) She plays and reads books with them.
(c) She is plesant to the girls, but takes no special interest in them.
(d) She beats them when no one is looking.
4. Where does James hope to send Kathleen to school when he returns home from the war?
(c) New York University.
5. What did James's father do for a living?
(a) He was a shoemaker.
(b) He was a garbage collector.
(c) He was a piano tuner.
(d) He was a philosophy teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acts as the go-between for Materia and her mother during the time she and her family live in Sydney?
2. How long after receiving the mysterious note, does James arrive in Grand Central Station to bring Kathleen home?
3. Where does James sell his barrels of bootleg liquor?
4. How does Adelaide Taylor feel about Frances?
5. What is the name of the school Frances attends?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)