|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Garden, Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Kathleen's family members unexpectedly shows up for her first recital performance?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
2. How long after receiving the mysterious note, does James arrive in Grand Central Station to bring Kathleen home?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three hours.
3. During his deployment, how long will James be away from his family?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
4. What is the name of Materia's fourth daughter, who only lives a few days before her death?
5. What is James's secret to staying alive on the battlefield?
(a) His apathy about life and death.
(b) His strong belief in fate.
(c) His prayers every morning and night.
(d) His desperate desire to return home to family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Materia cope with the death of her baby?
2. What does James allow his wife to do, which he had previously forbidden, thinking it will benefit their child?
3. What thing could Kathleen do before she could talk?
4. How does Kathleen's accompanist feel about Kathleen's voice?
5. What country is James stationed in during the war?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)