|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Garden, Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Kathleen write home, after moving to New York?
(a) Every week.
(b) Rarely. Her chaperone writes most of the letters.
(d) Sporadically, whenever she has free time.
2. How does James feel about his first-born child?
(a) He is obsessed with her.
(b) He is apathetic toward her and simply provides for his family.
(c) He wants nothing to do with her.
(d) He admires her from a distance.
3. Besides English, what other language does Materia speak at home?
4. What does James hope to sell when he returns home from the war?
5. What was the name of Materia's younger sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. During his deployment, how long will James be away from his family?
2. Which of Kathleen's family members is the strongest supporter of her musical talent?
3. How does Kathleen's accompanist feel about Kathleen's voice?
4. Who does James borrow money from to jump start his new business?
5. How many of Mrs. Lubovitz's sons are killed in the war?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)