|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: The Old French Mine, Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strange about James's reaction to Kathleen striking the piano keys?
(a) It confuses him.
(b) All of the answers are true.
(c) It frightens him.
(d) It arouses him.
2. What happens moments before Lily passes out in the cave?
(a) She wets her pants.
(b) She speaks in tongues.
(c) She begins convulsing.
(d) She cries out to the Heavens.
3. How does James react when Kathleen sneaks up behind him and strikes the keys while he is tuning the piano?
(a) He begins to sing.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He hugs her.
4. Where does James lock up Materia, after discovering Kathleen's dead body?
(a) In the car garage.
(b) In the coal cellar.
(c) In the stove room.
(d) In the attic.
5. What is the name of Materia's second born daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What thing could Kathleen do before she could talk?
2. What country is James stationed in during the war?
3. How does Materia react when she learns James will soon be returning home from the war?
4. How did Materia kill Kathleen?
5. Who acts as the go-between for Materia and her mother during the time she and her family live in Sydney?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)