|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: The Old French Mine, Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frances tell Lily they may find if they dig around in the back yard?
(a) A buried treasure.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) The truth.
2. What is the name of the school Kathleen was enrolled in as a child?
(a) Saint Mary's.
(b) Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows.
(c) Holy Angels.
(d) Sydney's School for Catholic Girls.
3. How did Materia kill Kathleen?
(a) She stabbed her.
(b) She poisoned her.
(c) She suffocated her.
(d) She shot her.
4. How does James feel about his first-born child?
(a) He admires her from a distance.
(b) He is obsessed with her.
(c) He wants nothing to do with her.
(d) He is apathetic toward her and simply provides for his family.
5. Whom does Lily confide in when her terrible nightmares about Ambrose continue?
(c) Lily does not tell anyone about the dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Mrs. Lubovitz's sons are killed in the war?
2. What country is James stationed in during the war?
3. How does James react when Kathleen sneaks up behind him and strikes the keys while he is tuning the piano?
4. When her father is gone, how does Kathleen treat her younger sisters?
5. Who is the narrator of the novel when the reader learns about Materia's funeral?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)