|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unlikely protector does Una find?
2. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
3. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
4. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
5. Who is Arthur in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mutability's reasons for wanting the title of control?
2. Explain the experience that Serena has with the savages.
3. How much time does Artegall have to complete his mission and what will happen if he does not?
4. Why does The Palmer stop Guyon from protecting Pyrochles from Occasion?
5. Explain what Hellenore does at the promptings of Paridell.
6. Why are Artegall and Scudamore so happy when Britomart's helmet is knocked off?
7. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
8. Who has destroyed Man's Golden Age?
9. Explain the dream that Britomart has and the interpretation.
10. Explain the bond that Triamond had with his brothers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of settling for cheap imitations in place of the real deal is very vividly explored with the creation of Snowy Florimell. Why might the Witch's son, along with many other characters from the book, have been so satisfied with the false version of a real woman? What made her so appealing?
Essay Topic 2
Calidore puts aside his life as a knight to join the shepherds. Why do you think he does this? What was so attractive about this change? How did this change effect him? Do you think he got what he wanted out of the experience?
Essay Topic 3
Love is an ongoing theme in this book as Spenser juxtaposes a number of different couples throughout the plot. Explore the best and the worst of these relationships. What makes the best one good and the worst one bad? Are they realistic at all?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)