|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the victor of the tournament?
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
3. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
4. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
5. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Calidore do when he finally captures the Blatant Beast?
2. Explain the circumstances that lead to The Red Cross Knight abandoning Una.
3. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
4. What common ailment do Timias and Serena share?
5. Why is Britomart so upset about Artegall's situation?
6. Who is Calidore searching for, and what does it represent?
7. Explain the dream that Britomart has and the interpretation.
8. Why would Arthur be so enthralled in a book of history?
9. What happens when Britomart meets Artegall, and why is this so ironic?
10. How is Florimell finally saved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who do you think should have won in the trial between Mutability and Nature? What are the differences between the two? Which one do you think is more powerful and why?
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed character sketch of your favorite character. Why is this character your favorite? What were their strengths? What were their weaknesses? Did you agree with their decisions or ideas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Guyon faces some very real and dangerous temptations during his sojourn with Mammon. Somehow he is able to make it out without giving in to any of them. Summarize the different things that Mammon uses to tempt Guyon and the ways that Guyon maintained his self control. What kinds of parallels can be made to your life today?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)