|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
2. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
3. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
4. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
5. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to all of Calidore's new friends and what is his reaction to this?
2. Explain the circumstances that lead to The Red Cross Knight abandoning Una.
3. Who do Talus and Artegall meet on the road home?
4. Explain the bond that Triamond had with his brothers.
5. Why does The Palmer stop Guyon from protecting Pyrochles from Occasion?
6. Where does Arthur find the monster?
7. Who are the three knights chasing Samient, and why are they chasing her?
8. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
9. How does Souldon die?
10. Who has destroyed Man's Golden Age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of settling for cheap imitations in place of the real deal is very vividly explored with the creation of Snowy Florimell. Why might the Witch's son, along with many other characters from the book, have been so satisfied with the false version of a real woman? What made her so appealing?
Essay Topic 2
Britomart has a very important dream. What does she dream? What is the interpretation? What impact does this have on the story.
Essay Topic 3
The appearance of the Salvage Man brings up an interesting argument. Can men be truly civilized without education? Can education truly civilize even the worst of men? What are your feelings on the importance of education? Use examples from the book to support your ideas.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)