Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
2. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
4. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
5. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Florimell finally saved?
2. Explain Artegall's Solomon-like solution with Saglier.
3. Explain the dispute between Amidas and Bracidas.
4. How is Tristram validated for killing a knight above his status?
5. How much time does Artegall have to complete his mission and what will happen if he does not?
6. Who are the three knights chasing Samient, and why are they chasing her?
7. Why are Artegall and Scudamore so happy when Britomart's helmet is knocked off?
8. Explain the experience that Serena has with the savages.
9. What makes Duessa so dangerous to The Red Cross Knight?
10. Why are Duessa and Paridell such a good couple?
Guyon faces some very real and dangerous temptations during his sojourn with Mammon. Somehow he is able to make it out without giving in to any of them. Summarize the different things that Mammon uses to tempt Guyon and the ways that Guyon maintained his self control. What kinds of parallels can be made to your life today?
Britomart has a very important dream. What does she dream? What is the interpretation? What impact does this have on the story.
The appearance of the Salvage Man brings up an interesting argument. Can men be truly civilized without education? Can education truly civilize even the worst of men? What are your feelings on the importance of education? Use examples from the book to support your ideas.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)