|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
2. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
3. Why does Britomart allow Busirane to live after he tried to kill her and her sister?
4. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
5. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What common ailment do Timias and Serena share?
2. Who do Talus and Artegall meet on the road home?
3. Explain the dream that Britomart has and the interpretation.
4. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
5. Why are Artegall and Scudamore so happy when Britomart's helmet is knocked off?
6. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay the monster Error when he is almost defeated?
7. How is Acrasia finally captured?
8. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
9. Explain the dispute between Amidas and Bracidas.
10. What are Mutability's reasons for wanting the title of control?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Calidore puts aside his life as a knight to join the shepherds. Why do you think he does this? What was so attractive about this change? How did this change effect him? Do you think he got what he wanted out of the experience?
Essay Topic 2
When Arthur witnesses the death sentence of Duessa, he has a moment of pity--even though he has seen first hand the kind of treachery that she is capable of. Why does he feel this way? What has Duessa done to deserve this sentence? How does this apply to our day and age?
Essay Topic 3
Timias and Serena both have close calls with death due to The Blatant Beast. What instructions are they given by the hermit to be healed? How do these particular instructions really help in the fight against Scandal?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)