|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
2. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
3. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
4. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
5. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Duessa so dangerous to The Red Cross Knight?
2. Why is Artegall so upset with Pollente?
3. Explain what Hellenore does at the promptings of Paridell.
4. Explain the circumstances that lead to The Red Cross Knight abandoning Una.
5. Explain Artegall's Solomon-like solution with Saglier.
6. How does Souldon die?
7. What happens to all of Calidore's new friends and what is his reaction to this?
8. Who is Calidore most worried about, and why?
9. Where does Arthur find the monster?
10. What does the Witch do to pacify her son's rejection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The appearance of the Salvage Man brings up an interesting argument. Can men be truly civilized without education? Can education truly civilize even the worst of men? What are your feelings on the importance of education? Use examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Timias and Serena both have close calls with death due to The Blatant Beast. What instructions are they given by the hermit to be healed? How do these particular instructions really help in the fight against Scandal?
Essay Topic 3
The Red Cross Knight is a valiant, but flawed, hero who gets all of his faults washed clean and reversed during his stay at the House of Holiness. List some or all of the things that were done during this experience and write about your feelings on this. Could this really have turned the tides on such a naive and foolish character?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)