Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
2. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
4. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
5. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Florimell finally saved?
2. Explain Artegall's Solomon-like solution with Saglier.
3. Explain the dispute between Amidas and Bracidas.
4. How is Tristram validated for killing a knight above his status?
5. How much time does Artegall have to complete his mission and what will happen if he does not?
6. Who are the three knights chasing Samient, and why are they chasing her?
7. Why are Artegall and Scudamore so happy when Britomart's helmet is knocked off?
8. Explain the experience that Serena has with the savages.
9. What makes Duessa so dangerous to The Red Cross Knight?
10. Why are Duessa and Paridell such a good couple?
Write a detailed character sketch of your favorite character. Why is this character your favorite? What were their strengths? What were their weaknesses? Did you agree with their decisions or ideas? Why or why not?
On his way home from completing his mission, Artegall meets two hags, Envy and Detraction. Talus tries to kill them, but Artegall stops him. Why were they allowed to live? What part do they play in society? Would you have killed them? Are they all bad? Are there things we would not have right now without them? What would change if they were not alive and well in society? What do we not have that we would if they had been vanquished?
Braggadochio is a very foolish and pompous character in this book. What is his real weakness? Where is it illustrated best? How does his folly change the way the plot goes?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)