|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
2. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
3. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
4. What does the fisherman do when he wakes up to see Florimell in his boat?
5. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Acrasia finally captured?
2. Why does Marinell refuse to fight Britomart?
3. Why does Mirabella not need protecting?
4. What happens when the two Florimells stand next to each other and why do you think this occurs?
5. How is Tristram validated for killing a knight above his status?
6. Explain the circumstances that made Timias retreat to a life in the woods.
7. Why does the poet forswear his earthly possessions?
8. Explain the dispute between Amidas and Bracidas.
9. How does Souldon die?
10. Why would Arthur be so enthralled in a book of history?
Essay Topic 1
The appearance of the Salvage Man brings up an interesting argument. Can men be truly civilized without education? Can education truly civilize even the worst of men? What are your feelings on the importance of education? Use examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Britomart has a very important dream. What does she dream? What is the interpretation? What impact does this have on the story.
Essay Topic 3
Guyon faces some very real and dangerous temptations during his sojourn with Mammon. Somehow he is able to make it out without giving in to any of them. Summarize the different things that Mammon uses to tempt Guyon and the ways that Guyon maintained his self control. What kinds of parallels can be made to your life today?
This section contains 1,611 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)