|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
2. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
3. How is Acrasia captured?
4. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
5. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Artegall so upset with Pollente?
2. Who has destroyed Man's Golden Age?
3. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
4. What does The Hairy Carl do to his victims?
5. What is the punishment for prisoners of the Amazons?
6. Who are the three knights chasing Samient, and why are they chasing her?
7. Explain Artegall's Solomon-like solution with Saglier.
8. What does Calidore do when he finally captures the Blatant Beast?
9. Explain what was shown to Britomart in the magic mirror of Merlin.
10. What is the mission that Columbell sent her beloved on, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Florimell and Marinell both have very emotional and foolish ways of dealing with their grievous situations. Discuss their reactions to bad news and what they could have done differently? Is this a good match?
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed character sketch of your favorite character. Why is this character your favorite? What were their strengths? What were their weaknesses? Did you agree with their decisions or ideas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Red Cross Knight is a valiant, but flawed, hero who gets all of his faults washed clean and reversed during his stay at the House of Holiness. List some or all of the things that were done during this experience and write about your feelings on this. Could this really have turned the tides on such a naive and foolish character?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)