|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
2. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
4. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
5. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some notable differences between The House of Pride and The House of Holiness?
2. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
3. Why does an angel watch over Guyon?
4. Who has destroyed Man's Golden Age?
5. What is the punishment for prisoners of the Amazons?
6. Explain the bond that Triamond had with his brothers.
7. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
8. What is Orgoglio and who is with him?
9. Why are Duessa and Paridell such a good couple?
10. How does Calidore break the law of Chivalry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed character sketch of your favorite character. Why is this character your favorite? What were their strengths? What were their weaknesses? Did you agree with their decisions or ideas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Arthur witnesses the death sentence of Duessa, he has a moment of pity--even though he has seen first hand the kind of treachery that she is capable of. Why does he feel this way? What has Duessa done to deserve this sentence? How does this apply to our day and age?
Essay Topic 3
On his way home from completing his mission, Artegall meets two hags, Envy and Detraction. Talus tries to kill them, but Artegall stops him. Why were they allowed to live? What part do they play in society? Would you have killed them? Are they all bad? Are there things we would not have right now without them? What would change if they were not alive and well in society? What do we not have that we would if they had been vanquished?
This section contains 1,602 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)