|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
2. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
3. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
4. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
5. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Arthur proving his love to Gloriana?
2. What kind of circumstances does Hellenore find herself in?
3. How is Florimell finally saved?
4. What is Orgoglio and who is with him?
5. Who are the three knights chasing Samient, and why are they chasing her?
6. Why is Calidore distracted from his quest to kill The Blatant Beast?
7. Why is Artegall so upset with Pollente?
8. Who has destroyed Man's Golden Age?
9. What does the blood on the baby's hands symbolize?
10. What happens when Britomart meets Artegall, and why is this so ironic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Guyon faces some very real and dangerous temptations during his sojourn with Mammon. Somehow he is able to make it out without giving in to any of them. Summarize the different things that Mammon uses to tempt Guyon and the ways that Guyon maintained his self control. What kinds of parallels can be made to your life today?
Essay Topic 2
The laws of Chivalry were extremely important to some of the characters in this book--so much so that some were willing to die or kill in order to uphold those laws. Who were these characters willing to kill or die for the laws, and how did these laws effect these character's lives? What laws were broken, and how were they justified?
Essay Topic 3
Timias and Serena both have close calls with death due to The Blatant Beast. What instructions are they given by the hermit to be healed? How do these particular instructions really help in the fight against Scandal?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)