Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
2. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
4. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
5. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Florimell finally saved?
2. Explain Artegall's Solomon-like solution with Saglier.
3. Explain the dispute between Amidas and Bracidas.
4. How is Tristram validated for killing a knight above his status?
5. How much time does Artegall have to complete his mission and what will happen if he does not?
6. Who are the three knights chasing Samient, and why are they chasing her?
7. Why are Artegall and Scudamore so happy when Britomart's helmet is knocked off?
8. Explain the experience that Serena has with the savages.
9. What makes Duessa so dangerous to The Red Cross Knight?
10. Why are Duessa and Paridell such a good couple?
Write a detailed character sketch of your favorite character. Why is this character your favorite? What were their strengths? What were their weaknesses? Did you agree with their decisions or ideas? Why or why not?
Who do you think should have won in the trial between Mutability and Nature? What are the differences between the two? Which one do you think is more powerful and why?
When Arthur witnesses the death sentence of Duessa, he has a moment of pity--even though he has seen first hand the kind of treachery that she is capable of. Why does he feel this way? What has Duessa done to deserve this sentence? How does this apply to our day and age?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)