|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
(a) She fled from her father under false pretences.
(b) She had her virture taken away from her on the road.
(c) She ran away with a knight when she was betrothed to another.
(d) She is in love with Calidore and is afraid he thinks her weak and unworthy.
2. What does Calpine feel determines a child's destiny?
(a) The desires of his heart.
(b) His upbringing.
(d) His parentage.
3. What did the father of Amidas and Bracidas leave his son as an inheritance when he died.
(a) A book explaining the secrets of a happy life.
(c) Two castles.
(d) A cavern full of riches.
4. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
(a) Eirena's hand in marriage.
(b) A chest full of riches.
(c) That Eirena be placed back on her throne.
(d) Safe passage back to Britomart's kingdom.
5. Why does Jove allow her to continue her destruction of Man's Golden Age?
(a) She threatens to destroy the Gods.
(b) She promises her hand in marriage if she may continue.
(c) She deceives them with stories of their hatred.
(d) He is charmed by her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
2. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
3. Why does Samient stop Artegall from slaying the third knight who is pursuing her?
4. What are the names of the three figures who attacked Timias?
5. Which of the following is NOT something found on the man-eating monster?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)