|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet say Mutability cannot control?
(a) The earth.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The oceans.
(d) The underworld.
2. What are the names of the three figures who attacked Timias?
(a) Despetto, Decetto, and Defetto.
(b) Malice, Chagrin, and Need.
(c) Envy, Jealousy, and Greed.
(d) Curtly, Hurtly, and Purtly.
3. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
(a) Arthur and Artegall got in an argument on the way, and Arthur sent Artegall away in his anger.
(b) He sent Artegall off to continue his own quest.
(c) Artegall was wounded in battle on the way to Belge's castle.
(d) Artegall is waiting for Arthur outside the castle walls.
4. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
(a) He sees Arthur's shield and is afraid of him.
(b) He is out of men to feed to the monster.
(c) He sees Arthur kill four men.
(d) He tries to fight, but is overcome by Arthur's fighting ability.
5. Why is Marinell so depressed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
2. How does Pollente try to trick Artegall?
3. Who do Arthur and Artegall find sentenced to death when they reach Mercilla's castle?
4. Why are the shepherds all captured?
5. What does Munera do to distract Artegall and Talus?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)