|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the brigand not sell Coridon?
(a) One of the brigands has fallen in love with him.
(b) He is such a weakling that no one will buy him.
(c) He works so well that the brigands keep him on as their own slave.
(d) He escapes.
2. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
(a) Never call himself a knight again.
(b) Never mistreat a lady again.
(c) Serve as Arthur's servant.
(d) Repent of all his evil doings and devote his life to God.
3. Who is the main competition for Pastorella's love?
4. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
(a) Artegall was wounded in battle on the way to Belge's castle.
(b) He sent Artegall off to continue his own quest.
(c) Arthur and Artegall got in an argument on the way, and Arthur sent Artegall away in his anger.
(d) Artegall is waiting for Arthur outside the castle walls.
5. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
(a) Man's excessive evils.
(b) To avenge the death of his brother.
(c) To follow his love.
(d) To seek solace for deep emotional wounds.
6. What attacks Pastorella?
(a) A Tiger.
(b) A Giant.
(c) The Blatant Beast.
(d) A Bear.
7. What does Turpine do after Arthur leaves?
(a) Attempts to kill himself.
(b) Finds a maiden and ravishes her.
(c) Sets off on a journey to the house of Holiness.
(d) Sends two knights after Arthur to kill him.
8. Who comes to kill the band of brigands?
9. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
(a) Turpine ravishing a maiden.
(b) The beast that injured Serena.
(c) A bear eating a baby.
(d) A Wood Nymph who tries to seduce him.
10. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
(a) Artegall is jealous of Braggadochio's skills.
(b) Artegall won the prize using Braggadochio's shield.
(c) Braggadochio threatened to kill Artegall if he won.
(d) Artegall suspects that Braggadochio cheated.
11. What is Artegall's argument for the Giant trying to fairly distribute landmarks and wealth?
(a) It would disrupt God's natrual balance.
(b) No one person can do it all alone.
(c) The giant would try to give more to himself and his kin.
(d) The beauty of the earth would be destroyed in the configuration.
12. Where is the monster found?
(a) In the dungeaons of the castle.
(b) In the highest tower of the castle.
(c) Beneath a statue of a man-eating monster.
(d) In a well of water and fire.
13. Why does Jove allow her to continue her destruction of Man's Golden Age?
(a) He is charmed by her beauty.
(b) She threatens to destroy the Gods.
(c) She deceives them with stories of their hatred.
(d) She promises her hand in marriage if she may continue.
14. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
15. Who saves Serena from the cannibal savages in the forest?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
2. Which of these is NOT one of the women surrounding Amoret?
3. Which of these is one thing that Mutability does NOT claim to control?
4. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
5. What is Tristram's excuse for killing a knight when he is not a knight himself.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)