|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
(a) Her knight has been mistreating her.
(b) Her knight has been sorely wounded.
(c) She is lost and alone and fears for her life.
(d) Her knight has deserted her.
2. What did the father of Amidas and Bracidas leave his son as an inheritance when he died.
(a) Two castles.
(b) A book explaining the secrets of a happy life.
(c) A cavern full of riches.
3. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
(a) Never call himself a knight again.
(b) Repent of all his evil doings and devote his life to God.
(c) Never mistreat a lady again.
(d) Serve as Arthur's servant.
4. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
(a) A song telling him how to contiune on his quest.
(b) Florimell crying for him while in prison.
(c) His mother with Proteus.
(d) An evil plot between two withces to destroy the wedding.
5. What is Artegall's argument for the Giant trying to fairly distribute landmarks and wealth?
(a) No one person can do it all alone.
(b) The beauty of the earth would be destroyed in the configuration.
(c) The giant would try to give more to himself and his kin.
(d) It would disrupt God's natrual balance.
6. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
(a) Envy and Detraction.
(b) Idleness and Impurity.
(c) Lewdness and Perversion.
(d) Jealousy and Distraction.
7. What is Britomart so disgusted about when she sees Artegall?
(a) He is wearing women's clothing.
(b) He has many horrible wounds.
(c) She finds him with Clarinda.
(d) She finds him with Radigund.
8. Who is Calidore searching for?
(a) The Hairy Carl.
(b) The Blatant Beast.
9. Who falls in love with Artegall while he is in captivity?
(b) Radigund and Clarinda
(c) All the women.
10. Why does Arthur leave Turpine alive?
(a) He hears Blandina's flase cries for help.
(b) Turpine regains his strength and begins to fight with more fervancy.
(c) He pities Turpine for his misery.
(d) Arthur is distracted by something he sees in the distance.
11. How is Souldon killed?
(a) Arthur fights him and cuts off his head--the only way he can be killed.
(b) Adicia kills him because she wants to be with Artegall.
(c) He is betrayed by one of his own men.
(d) His chariot flips over and he is mangled.
12. What was Mirabella being punished for?
(a) She was haughty and rude to Gloriana.
(b) She did not keep the secrets of her betrothed love.
(c) She was unfaithful to her knight.
(d) She disdained love and rejoiced when her suitors pined for her.
13. Who has destroyed Man's golden age?
14. What is Tristram's excuse for killing a knight when he is not a knight himself.
(a) He saw the knight mistreating a lady..
(b) The knight was disrespectful to him.
(c) The knight was riding a horse stolen from Tristram's uncle.
(d) The knight killed his brother.
15. What are the names of the three figures who attacked Timias?
(a) Despetto, Decetto, and Defetto.
(b) Curtly, Hurtly, and Purtly.
(c) Envy, Jealousy, and Greed.
(d) Malice, Chagrin, and Need.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
2. Who injures Calepine?
3. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
4. What two things does Calpine leave behind once again?
5. Who is being wed in the very unique wedding while Florimell is locked up?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)