|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something found on the man-eating monster?
(a) Dragon's tail.
(b) Woman's face.
(c) Eagle's claws.
(d) Dog's body.
2. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
(a) Her knight has deserted her.
(b) Her knight has been mistreating her.
(c) She is lost and alone and fears for her life.
(d) Her knight has been sorely wounded.
3. Why does Samient stop Artegall from slaying the third knight who is pursuing her?
(a) She cannot stand to see any more death cause by her.
(b) The knight is Arthur who was trying to save her from the other two.
(c) The third knight is her lover.
(d) She fears for Artegall's life and hopes to strike an agreement with the third knight.
4. What did the father of Amidas and Bracidas leave his son as an inheritance when he died.
(a) A cavern full of riches.
(b) A book explaining the secrets of a happy life.
(c) Two castles.
5. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
(a) That Eirena be placed back on her throne.
(b) Safe passage back to Britomart's kingdom.
(c) Eirena's hand in marriage.
(d) A chest full of riches.
6. What two things does Calpine leave behind once again?
(a) His helmet and his food.
(b) His armor and his horse.
(c) His sword and his shield.
(d) Serena and Timias.
7. What proves Pastorella's heritage?
(a) A brand on the bottom of her foot.
(b) A blue mark on her back.
(c) The color of her hair.
(d) A rose shaped birthmark.
8. What does the poet say Mutability cannot control?
(a) The oceans.
(b) The underworld.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The earth.
9. What are the names of the three figures who attacked Timias?
(a) Malice, Chagrin, and Need.
(b) Despetto, Decetto, and Defetto.
(c) Envy, Jealousy, and Greed.
(d) Curtly, Hurtly, and Purtly.
10. What happened to Faunus when he was caught spying on Diana while bathing.
(a) He fell from the tree he was sitting in and died.
(b) She drowned him in the pool she was bathing in.
(c) He wooed her and married her.
(d) He was turned into a deer and hunted down.
11. How many foes did Scudamore have to defeat to win his way to Amoret?
12. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
(a) She is covered in dirt and mud.
(b) She is silent and naked.
(c) She received many wounds.
(d) She is in disguise as someone else.
13. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Gouges out their eyes.
(b) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
(c) Shaves and shears them.
(d) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
14. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
15. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
(a) The women warriors will discontiue their blood thirsty ways.
(b) The men will leave and not harrass the women warriors any longer.
(c) They will fight for two more days and then decide the winner.
(d) Artegall and Radigund will fight one-on-one the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
2. Which of these is NOT one of the women surrounding Amoret?
3. Who has destroyed Man's golden age?
4. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
5. Where is the monster found?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)