|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
(a) There is no real joy found in them.
(b) Change holds sway over them for now.
(c) He finds them the key to destruction.
(d) He will wait a time to build humility.
2. What interesting point does the Salvage Man prove?
(a) Reading the stars is more important than reading books.
(b) An uneducated savage can be more civil than an educated knight.
(c) Speaking is an over-rated practice.
(d) Those who cannot read can fight better.
3. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
(a) Artegall and Radigund will fight one-on-one the next day.
(b) The men will leave and not harrass the women warriors any longer.
(c) They will fight for two more days and then decide the winner.
(d) The women warriors will discontiue their blood thirsty ways.
4. What causes Calidore to stop his quest for the Blatant Beast?
(a) He meets up with Arthur and helps him with his quest.
(b) He collapses from fatigue.
(c) He hears Serena in the woods.
(d) Pastorella, a lovely shepherdess.
5. Which of these is NOT one of the women surrounding Amoret?
6. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
(a) Brands him with the mark of a murderer on his forehead.
(b) Orders him to be a slave and squire to him for five years.
(c) Casts a spell on him that will blind him for ten years.
(d) Makes him wear the head of the woman he killed around his neck.
7. Why does Samient stop Artegall from slaying the third knight who is pursuing her?
(a) The third knight is her lover.
(b) She cannot stand to see any more death cause by her.
(c) She fears for Artegall's life and hopes to strike an agreement with the third knight.
(d) The knight is Arthur who was trying to save her from the other two.
8. Which of the following is NOT something found on the man-eating monster?
(a) Woman's face.
(b) Dog's body.
(c) Eagle's claws.
(d) Dragon's tail.
9. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
10. What is Tristram's excuse for killing a knight when he is not a knight himself.
(a) The knight was disrespectful to him.
(b) The knight killed his brother.
(c) The knight was riding a horse stolen from Tristram's uncle.
(d) He saw the knight mistreating a lady..
11. What does Munera do to distract Artegall and Talus?
(a) Gives them bad instructions and sends them off into the woods.
(b) Claims to be in dire need of help and sends them on a fool's errand.
(c) Tries to seduce them.
(d) Throws gold over the wall.
12. What attacks Pastorella?
(a) A Tiger.
(b) A Giant.
(c) A Bear.
(d) The Blatant Beast.
13. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
(a) They see Timias in the woods and rush to give him aid.
(b) Arthur takes pity on their mournful pleas.
(c) They dissapear in a swirl of black smoke.
(d) Mirabell explains that she needs them for her recovery from pride.
14. Why are the shepherds all captured?
(a) They were being avenged for killing some of the band of robbers.
(b) Calidore is gone hunting and is not there to protect them.
(c) They defamed a piece of holy land.
(d) They were caught unawares while sleeping.
15. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
(a) He sees Arthur's shield and is afraid of him.
(b) He tries to fight, but is overcome by Arthur's fighting ability.
(c) He is out of men to feed to the monster.
(d) He sees Arthur kill four men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these things does Mutability claim to have control over?
2. What two things does Calpine leave behind once again?
3. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
4. What is the interpretation to Britomart's crazy dream about being impregnated by a crocodile and giving birth to a lion?
5. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)