|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things does Mutability claim to have control over?
(a) The tides.
(b) The gravitational pull.
(c) The whirlwinds.
(d) The seasons.
2. Which of these is NOT one of the women surrounding Amoret?
3. What does Radigund, the Amazon warrior, make all of the men she defeats do?
(a) Fight each other in a spectator's ring.
(b) Serve as slaves.
(c) Make love to them.
(d) Wear dresses and perform women's work.
4. How does Pollente try to trick Artegall?
(a) Attacks him from behind.
(b) Drops him through a trap door on the bridge.
(c) Asks for double the normal fee to cross.
(d) Promises his daughter's hand in marriage.
5. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
(a) To follow his love.
(b) To avenge the death of his brother.
(c) To seek solace for deep emotional wounds.
(d) Man's excessive evils.
6. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) Knowledge and Wisdom.
(b) A magical sword.
(c) A Shield of Wonder.
(d) A Pendant of Protection.
7. Why do Artegall and Britomart part ways once more?
(a) They fight and swear to never see each other again.
(b) Artegall and Talus are still on the quest to save Eirena.
(c) Artegall wants time to repent of his sins before seeing Britomart again.
(d) Britomart is so angry about the whole situation that she cannot stand to be around Artegall.
8. Which of these is one thing that Mutability does NOT claim to control?
9. Who injures Calepine?
(b) The Beast.
10. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
(a) The beast that injured Serena.
(b) A bear eating a baby.
(c) A Wood Nymph who tries to seduce him.
(d) Turpine ravishing a maiden.
11. How does Britomart escape the trap that Dolon set for him.
(a) She gets one of his sons to help her.
(b) She fights him when she is caught.
(c) Talus helps her escape.
(d) She stays awake all night.
12. What is Britomart so disgusted about when she sees Artegall?
(a) She finds him with Clarinda.
(b) She finds him with Radigund.
(c) He has many horrible wounds.
(d) He is wearing women's clothing.
13. What does Turpine do after Arthur leaves?
(a) Sets off on a journey to the house of Holiness.
(b) Attempts to kill himself.
(c) Sends two knights after Arthur to kill him.
(d) Finds a maiden and ravishes her.
14. What proves Pastorella's heritage?
(a) A blue mark on her back.
(b) The color of her hair.
(c) A brand on the bottom of her foot.
(d) A rose shaped birthmark.
15. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
(a) Artegall was wounded in battle on the way to Belge's castle.
(b) He sent Artegall off to continue his own quest.
(c) Arthur and Artegall got in an argument on the way, and Arthur sent Artegall away in his anger.
(d) Artegall is waiting for Arthur outside the castle walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main competition for Pastorella's love?
2. Why do the brigands not sell Patronella with the rest of her people?
3. What is said that ends the debate with Mutability?
4. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
5. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)