|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the monster found?
(a) Beneath a statue of a man-eating monster.
(b) In the highest tower of the castle.
(c) In a well of water and fire.
(d) In the dungeaons of the castle.
2. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
(a) He sees Arthur's shield and is afraid of him.
(b) He tries to fight, but is overcome by Arthur's fighting ability.
(c) He sees Arthur kill four men.
(d) He is out of men to feed to the monster.
3. Who saves Serena from the cannibal savages in the forest?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
4. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
(a) She thinks she sees Calidore.
(b) Timias is trying to attack her.
(c) She thinks Timias is dead.
(d) She is scared by the hermit.
5. What is Colin Clout's special gift?
(a) He can see into the future.
(b) He can read minds.
(c) He creates worlds with his music.
(d) He is a shape-shifter.
6. What does Calpine feel determines a child's destiny?
(a) His upbringing.
(b) His parentage.
(d) The desires of his heart.
7. Why does Dolon set a trap for Britomart?
(a) He wants her to marry one of his sons.
(b) He wants to take her virtue.
(c) He wants to punish Artegall by killing his beloved.
(d) He believes that she killed his son.
8. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
(a) To follow his love.
(b) To avenge the death of his brother.
(c) To seek solace for deep emotional wounds.
(d) Man's excessive evils.
9. What is Marinell's mother?
(a) A Wood Nymph.
(b) A servant of Venus.
(c) A Sea Nymph.
(d) A Goddess of Fire.
10. What do Artegall and Arthur use to get Malengin to come out of his cave?
(a) A pile of riches.
(b) Artegall while in his women's clothing from the Amazons.
(c) They shout a challenge to him.
11. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
(a) She is in love with Calidore and is afraid he thinks her weak and unworthy.
(b) She fled from her father under false pretences.
(c) She ran away with a knight when she was betrothed to another.
(d) She had her virture taken away from her on the road.
12. How does Pollente try to trick Artegall?
(a) Attacks him from behind.
(b) Asks for double the normal fee to cross.
(c) Drops him through a trap door on the bridge.
(d) Promises his daughter's hand in marriage.
13. What does Turpine do after Arthur leaves?
(a) Finds a maiden and ravishes her.
(b) Sets off on a journey to the house of Holiness.
(c) Attempts to kill himself.
(d) Sends two knights after Arthur to kill him.
14. Why does the brigand not sell Coridon?
(a) He works so well that the brigands keep him on as their own slave.
(b) He is such a weakling that no one will buy him.
(c) He escapes.
(d) One of the brigands has fallen in love with him.
15. What proves Pastorella's heritage?
(a) A blue mark on her back.
(b) A brand on the bottom of her foot.
(c) The color of her hair.
(d) A rose shaped birthmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
2. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
3. What was Mirabella being punished for?
4. How many days does Artegall have to get to Grantoro's castle before Eirena will be killed?
5. What happened to Faunus when he was caught spying on Diana while bathing.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)