|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
2. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
(a) She is silent and naked.
(b) She is in disguise as someone else.
(c) She received many wounds.
(d) She is covered in dirt and mud.
3. What causes Calidore to stop his quest for the Blatant Beast?
(a) Pastorella, a lovely shepherdess.
(b) He collapses from fatigue.
(c) He hears Serena in the woods.
(d) He meets up with Arthur and helps him with his quest.
4. What does Calidore do to the Blatant Beast instead of killing it?
(a) Trains him to be a servant.
(b) Beats him senseless.
(c) Locks him in a dungeon.
(d) Subdues it and ties his mouth shut.
5. What are the names of the two creatures mistreating Mirabella?
(a) Crass and Crude.
(b) Temptation and Impurity.
(c) Disdain and Scorn.
(d) Envy and Jealousy.
6. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
7. How does Artegall escape from the Amazons?
(a) Arthur rescues him.
(b) Radigund lets him go.
(c) Clarinda helps him after he pldeges his love to her.
(d) He sneaks away while the women are all sleeping.
8. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
(a) A Wood Nymph who tries to seduce him.
(b) The beast that injured Serena.
(c) A bear eating a baby.
(d) Turpine ravishing a maiden.
9. Who is being wed in the very unique wedding while Florimell is locked up?
(a) The Sun and The Moon.
(b) The Grass and The Earth.
(c) The Song and The Wind.
(d) The Thames River and Medway.
10. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
(a) Artegall won the prize using Braggadochio's shield.
(b) Braggadochio threatened to kill Artegall if he won.
(c) Artegall is jealous of Braggadochio's skills.
(d) Artegall suspects that Braggadochio cheated.
11. What do Artegall and Arthur use to get Malengin to come out of his cave?
(b) A pile of riches.
(c) Artegall while in his women's clothing from the Amazons.
(d) They shout a challenge to him.
12. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) A Shield of Wonder.
(b) Knowledge and Wisdom.
(c) A Pendant of Protection.
(d) A magical sword.
13. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
(a) His long pleadings.
(b) He knew the password.
(c) A mark on his forearm.
(d) The shield of love.
14. What is Marinell's mother?
(a) A Sea Nymph.
(b) A servant of Venus.
(c) A Goddess of Fire.
(d) A Wood Nymph.
15. Who do Arthur and Artegall find sentenced to death when they reach Mercilla's castle?
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Serena and Timias stay with the hermit while the rest travel on?
2. Who injures Calepine?
3. Who falls in love with Artegall while he is in captivity?
4. How does Calidore ignore the laws of Courtesy?
5. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)