|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Talus do to Brggadochio for stealing Guyon's horse?
(a) Brands the mark of the thief on his forehead.
(b) Cuts off his right hand.
(c) Makes Braggadochio purchase three more horses for Guyon.
(d) Shaves his head and breaks his sword.
2. What interesting point does the Salvage Man prove?
(a) Those who cannot read can fight better.
(b) An uneducated savage can be more civil than an educated knight.
(c) Reading the stars is more important than reading books.
(d) Speaking is an over-rated practice.
3. What does Calpine feel determines a child's destiny?
(b) His parentage.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) The desires of his heart.
4. How does Britomart escape the trap that Dolon set for him.
(a) Talus helps her escape.
(b) She fights him when she is caught.
(c) She stays awake all night.
(d) She gets one of his sons to help her.
5. How many foes did Scudamore have to defeat to win his way to Amoret?
6. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
(a) Envy and Detraction.
(b) Lewdness and Perversion.
(c) Jealousy and Distraction.
(d) Idleness and Impurity.
7. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
(a) Artegall is jealous of Braggadochio's skills.
(b) Artegall suspects that Braggadochio cheated.
(c) Artegall won the prize using Braggadochio's shield.
(d) Braggadochio threatened to kill Artegall if he won.
8. What two things does Calpine leave behind once again?
(a) His armor and his horse.
(b) His sword and his shield.
(c) His helmet and his food.
(d) Serena and Timias.
9. How is Souldon killed?
(a) Adicia kills him because she wants to be with Artegall.
(b) His chariot flips over and he is mangled.
(c) He is betrayed by one of his own men.
(d) Arthur fights him and cuts off his head--the only way he can be killed.
10. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
(a) Talus slays them for Artegall.
(b) Grantoro kills them.
(c) They are in a state of chaos and turn on each other.
(d) Artegall fights them all.
11. How does Pollente try to trick Artegall?
(a) Promises his daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) Asks for double the normal fee to cross.
(c) Drops him through a trap door on the bridge.
(d) Attacks him from behind.
12. What is Colin Clout's special gift?
(a) He creates worlds with his music.
(b) He can see into the future.
(c) He can read minds.
(d) He is a shape-shifter.
13. What are the names of the three figures who attacked Timias?
(a) Curtly, Hurtly, and Purtly.
(b) Despetto, Decetto, and Defetto.
(c) Envy, Jealousy, and Greed.
(d) Malice, Chagrin, and Need.
14. Who is the main competition for Pastorella's love?
15. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
(a) Never mistreat a lady again.
(b) Serve as Arthur's servant.
(c) Repent of all his evil doings and devote his life to God.
(d) Never call himself a knight again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
2. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
3. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
4. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
5. Who kills Malengin?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)