|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being wed in the very unique wedding while Florimell is locked up?
(a) The Thames River and Medway.
(b) The Grass and The Earth.
(c) The Song and The Wind.
(d) The Sun and The Moon.
2. What are the names of the three figures who attacked Timias?
(a) Envy, Jealousy, and Greed.
(b) Malice, Chagrin, and Need.
(c) Despetto, Decetto, and Defetto.
(d) Curtly, Hurtly, and Purtly.
3. Who is Calidore searching for?
(a) The Blatant Beast.
(d) The Hairy Carl.
4. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
(a) She is a better fighter.
(b) When he sees her face after taking off her helmet, he is overcome by her beauty.
(c) Artegall cannot kill a woman.
(d) Artegall allows himself to lose so that he can study the Amazons from captivity.
5. Why do the brigands not sell Patronella with the rest of her people?
(a) She has no real abilities.
(b) Nobody wants to pay such a high price for a slave.
(c) She runs away before they can sell her.
(d) The leader has fallen in love with her.
6. What was Mirabella being punished for?
(a) She was haughty and rude to Gloriana.
(b) She did not keep the secrets of her betrothed love.
(c) She disdained love and rejoiced when her suitors pined for her.
(d) She was unfaithful to her knight.
7. What is said that ends the debate with Mutability?
(a) Mutability is to rule forever.
(b) There will come a time when change will no longer occur.
(c) Change aids the perfection of nature.
(d) No control exists in change.
8. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
(a) Never mistreat a lady again.
(b) Repent of all his evil doings and devote his life to God.
(c) Serve as Arthur's servant.
(d) Never call himself a knight again.
9. Why does Jove allow her to continue her destruction of Man's Golden Age?
(a) He is charmed by her beauty.
(b) She threatens to destroy the Gods.
(c) She deceives them with stories of their hatred.
(d) She promises her hand in marriage if she may continue.
10. Who falls in love with Artegall while he is in captivity?
(a) Radigund and Clarinda
(d) All the women.
11. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
(a) Artegall is jealous of Braggadochio's skills.
(b) Artegall won the prize using Braggadochio's shield.
(c) Artegall suspects that Braggadochio cheated.
(d) Braggadochio threatened to kill Artegall if he won.
12. Who do Arthur and Artegall find sentenced to death when they reach Mercilla's castle?
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
13. What happens when the two Florimells stand next to each other?
(a) The Snowy Florimell melts.
(b) They become fast friends and sisters.
(c) They both die.
(d) The Snowy Florimell kills the real Florimell.
14. Why does Arthur leave Turpine alive?
(a) Turpine regains his strength and begins to fight with more fervancy.
(b) He hears Blandina's flase cries for help.
(c) Arthur is distracted by something he sees in the distance.
(d) He pities Turpine for his misery.
15. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
(a) He sees Arthur's shield and is afraid of him.
(b) He is out of men to feed to the monster.
(c) He sees Arthur kill four men.
(d) He tries to fight, but is overcome by Arthur's fighting ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Serena and Timias stay with the hermit while the rest travel on?
2. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
3. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
4. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
5. Who injures Calepine?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)