|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Britomart escape the trap that Dolon set for him.
(a) She fights him when she is caught.
(b) She stays awake all night.
(c) She gets one of his sons to help her.
(d) Talus helps her escape.
2. What is Marinell's mother?
(a) A Goddess of Fire.
(b) A servant of Venus.
(c) A Wood Nymph.
(d) A Sea Nymph.
3. Why does Dolon set a trap for Britomart?
(a) He wants to punish Artegall by killing his beloved.
(b) He wants her to marry one of his sons.
(c) He believes that she killed his son.
(d) He wants to take her virtue.
4. How does Pollente try to trick Artegall?
(a) Drops him through a trap door on the bridge.
(b) Asks for double the normal fee to cross.
(c) Attacks him from behind.
(d) Promises his daughter's hand in marriage.
5. Why do Artegall and Britomart part ways once more?
(a) Artegall and Talus are still on the quest to save Eirena.
(b) Britomart is so angry about the whole situation that she cannot stand to be around Artegall.
(c) They fight and swear to never see each other again.
(d) Artegall wants time to repent of his sins before seeing Britomart again.
6. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
(a) A Wood Nymph who tries to seduce him.
(b) A bear eating a baby.
(c) Turpine ravishing a maiden.
(d) The beast that injured Serena.
7. Why is Britomart so angry about Artegall's predicament?
(a) She thinks he will be dead.
(b) She is afraid he will not want her after seeing the Amazon beauty.
(c) She is angry that he could not defeat a bunch of women.
(d) She thinks he will be unfaithful to her.
8. What does Talus do to Brggadochio for stealing Guyon's horse?
(a) Makes Braggadochio purchase three more horses for Guyon.
(b) Shaves his head and breaks his sword.
(c) Cuts off his right hand.
(d) Brands the mark of the thief on his forehead.
9. Who is Pastorella's mother?
10. How does Calidore ignore the laws of Courtesy?
(a) He let the beast escape while looking for Calepine.
(b) He does not rise when Serena rises as is customary.
(c) He does not leave Serena with a kiss.
(d) He fails to check on Serena when she is dropped from the mouth of the beast.
11. What does the poet say Mutability cannot control?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The underworld.
(c) The earth.
(d) The oceans.
12. Why is Marinell so depressed?
13. What attacks Pastorella?
(a) The Blatant Beast.
(b) A Giant.
(c) A Tiger.
(d) A Bear.
14. Who comes to kill the band of brigands?
15. What do Artegall and Arthur use to get Malengin to come out of his cave?
(a) A pile of riches.
(b) They shout a challenge to him.
(c) Artegall while in his women's clothing from the Amazons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
2. What does Radigund, the Amazon warrior, make all of the men she defeats do?
3. How does Artegall escape from the Amazons?
4. What are the names of the two creatures mistreating Mirabella?
5. Who falls in love with Artegall while he is in captivity?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)