|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
(a) She ran away with a knight when she was betrothed to another.
(b) She fled from her father under false pretences.
(c) She is in love with Calidore and is afraid he thinks her weak and unworthy.
(d) She had her virture taken away from her on the road.
2. What does Munera do to distract Artegall and Talus?
(a) Tries to seduce them.
(b) Throws gold over the wall.
(c) Claims to be in dire need of help and sends them on a fool's errand.
(d) Gives them bad instructions and sends them off into the woods.
3. What did the father of Amidas and Bracidas leave his son as an inheritance when he died.
(a) A book explaining the secrets of a happy life.
(b) A cavern full of riches.
(c) Two castles.
4. Who kills Malengin?
5. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
(a) Self Control.
(b) Virtuous Living.
(c) Kindness to all.
(d) Avoidance of Secrets.
6. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
(a) She is attracted to his beauty and wishes to seduce him.
(b) He breaks down the door, and she has no choice.
(c) He is wearing the armor of one of the knights he killed.
(d) He knows the password, so she assumes he is a friend.
7. Why is Marinell so depressed?
8. Where is the monster found?
(a) In the dungeaons of the castle.
(b) In the highest tower of the castle.
(c) In a well of water and fire.
(d) Beneath a statue of a man-eating monster.
9. Who is being wed in the very unique wedding while Florimell is locked up?
(a) The Thames River and Medway.
(b) The Song and The Wind.
(c) The Grass and The Earth.
(d) The Sun and The Moon.
10. What does Calidore do to the Blatant Beast instead of killing it?
(a) Locks him in a dungeon.
(b) Subdues it and ties his mouth shut.
(c) Beats him senseless.
(d) Trains him to be a servant.
11. What proves Pastorella's heritage?
(a) The color of her hair.
(b) A rose shaped birthmark.
(c) A brand on the bottom of her foot.
(d) A blue mark on her back.
12. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
(a) Repent of all his evil doings and devote his life to God.
(b) Never call himself a knight again.
(c) Serve as Arthur's servant.
(d) Never mistreat a lady again.
13. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
14. How is Souldon killed?
(a) He is betrayed by one of his own men.
(b) His chariot flips over and he is mangled.
(c) Arthur fights him and cuts off his head--the only way he can be killed.
(d) Adicia kills him because she wants to be with Artegall.
15. What causes Calidore to stop his quest for the Blatant Beast?
(a) Pastorella, a lovely shepherdess.
(b) He hears Serena in the woods.
(c) He meets up with Arthur and helps him with his quest.
(d) He collapses from fatigue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
2. Which of the following is NOT something found on the man-eating monster?
3. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
4. Why does Samient stop Artegall from slaying the third knight who is pursuing her?
5. What happens when the two Florimells stand next to each other?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)