|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pollente try to trick Artegall?
(a) Asks for double the normal fee to cross.
(b) Drops him through a trap door on the bridge.
(c) Attacks him from behind.
(d) Promises his daughter's hand in marriage.
2. Who do Arthur and Artegall find sentenced to death when they reach Mercilla's castle?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
3. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
(a) She received many wounds.
(b) She is in disguise as someone else.
(c) She is covered in dirt and mud.
(d) She is silent and naked.
4. Who saves Serena from the cannibal savages in the forest?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
5. How does Britomart escape the trap that Dolon set for him.
(a) Talus helps her escape.
(b) She stays awake all night.
(c) She fights him when she is caught.
(d) She gets one of his sons to help her.
6. Why does Jove allow her to continue her destruction of Man's Golden Age?
(a) She promises her hand in marriage if she may continue.
(b) He is charmed by her beauty.
(c) She deceives them with stories of their hatred.
(d) She threatens to destroy the Gods.
7. Why do Artegall and Britomart part ways once more?
(a) Artegall wants time to repent of his sins before seeing Britomart again.
(b) Artegall and Talus are still on the quest to save Eirena.
(c) Britomart is so angry about the whole situation that she cannot stand to be around Artegall.
(d) They fight and swear to never see each other again.
8. How does Artegall escape from the Amazons?
(a) Arthur rescues him.
(b) Radigund lets him go.
(c) Clarinda helps him after he pldeges his love to her.
(d) He sneaks away while the women are all sleeping.
9. What happened to Faunus when he was caught spying on Diana while bathing.
(a) She drowned him in the pool she was bathing in.
(b) He fell from the tree he was sitting in and died.
(c) He wooed her and married her.
(d) He was turned into a deer and hunted down.
10. Who teaches Briana and Crudor the ways of faithfulness?
11. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) A magical sword.
(b) A Shield of Wonder.
(c) A Pendant of Protection.
(d) Knowledge and Wisdom.
12. Who has destroyed Man's golden age?
13. Who falls in love with Artegall while he is in captivity?
(c) Radigund and Clarinda
(d) All the women.
14. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
(a) Avoidance of Secrets.
(b) Self Control.
(c) Virtuous Living.
(d) Kindness to all.
15. What is said that ends the debate with Mutability?
(a) There will come a time when change will no longer occur.
(b) No control exists in change.
(c) Change aids the perfection of nature.
(d) Mutability is to rule forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
2. Whose castle is Florimell being held captive in?
3. Why does Samient stop Artegall from slaying the third knight who is pursuing her?
4. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
5. Who is Pastorella's mother?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)