|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT one of the women surrounding Amoret?
2. Whose castle is Florimell being held captive in?
3. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
(a) Mirabell explains that she needs them for her recovery from pride.
(b) They see Timias in the woods and rush to give him aid.
(c) They dissapear in a swirl of black smoke.
(d) Arthur takes pity on their mournful pleas.
4. What is said that ends the debate with Mutability?
(a) There will come a time when change will no longer occur.
(b) No control exists in change.
(c) Mutability is to rule forever.
(d) Change aids the perfection of nature.
5. What happened to Faunus when he was caught spying on Diana while bathing.
(a) He wooed her and married her.
(b) He was turned into a deer and hunted down.
(c) He fell from the tree he was sitting in and died.
(d) She drowned him in the pool she was bathing in.
6. Why does the brigand not sell Coridon?
(a) He escapes.
(b) He works so well that the brigands keep him on as their own slave.
(c) He is such a weakling that no one will buy him.
(d) One of the brigands has fallen in love with him.
7. What attacks Pastorella?
(a) A Giant.
(b) The Blatant Beast.
(c) A Tiger.
(d) A Bear.
8. What does Radigund, the Amazon warrior, make all of the men she defeats do?
(a) Make love to them.
(b) Serve as slaves.
(c) Fight each other in a spectator's ring.
(d) Wear dresses and perform women's work.
9. Why are the shepherds all captured?
(a) They defamed a piece of holy land.
(b) They were caught unawares while sleeping.
(c) Calidore is gone hunting and is not there to protect them.
(d) They were being avenged for killing some of the band of robbers.
10. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
(a) Brands him with the mark of a murderer on his forehead.
(b) Orders him to be a slave and squire to him for five years.
(c) Casts a spell on him that will blind him for ten years.
(d) Makes him wear the head of the woman he killed around his neck.
11. Who kills Malengin?
12. Who is being wed in the very unique wedding while Florimell is locked up?
(a) The Grass and The Earth.
(b) The Thames River and Medway.
(c) The Song and The Wind.
(d) The Sun and The Moon.
13. Who do Arthur and Artegall find sentenced to death when they reach Mercilla's castle?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
14. What does Calpine feel determines a child's destiny?
(a) His parentage.
(b) The desires of his heart.
(c) His upbringing.
15. Which of these things does Mutability claim to have control over?
(a) The tides.
(b) The whirlwinds.
(c) The seasons.
(d) The gravitational pull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
2. Which of these is one thing that Mutability does NOT claim to control?
3. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
4. Who is the main competition for Pastorella's love?
5. Who falls in love with Artegall while he is in captivity?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)