|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet say Mutability cannot control?
(a) The underworld.
(b) The earth.
(c) The oceans.
(d) The heavens.
2. What is Colin Clout's special gift?
(a) He is a shape-shifter.
(b) He creates worlds with his music.
(c) He can see into the future.
(d) He can read minds.
3. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
(a) Never mistreat a lady again.
(b) Repent of all his evil doings and devote his life to God.
(c) Serve as Arthur's servant.
(d) Never call himself a knight again.
4. What is Tristram's excuse for killing a knight when he is not a knight himself.
(a) The knight killed his brother.
(b) The knight was riding a horse stolen from Tristram's uncle.
(c) He saw the knight mistreating a lady..
(d) The knight was disrespectful to him.
5. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
(a) They dissapear in a swirl of black smoke.
(b) Arthur takes pity on their mournful pleas.
(c) They see Timias in the woods and rush to give him aid.
(d) Mirabell explains that she needs them for her recovery from pride.
6. Who falls in love with Artegall while he is in captivity?
(a) All the women.
(d) Radigund and Clarinda
7. What is Marinell's mother?
(a) A servant of Venus.
(b) A Goddess of Fire.
(c) A Wood Nymph.
(d) A Sea Nymph.
8. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
(a) Arthur and Artegall got in an argument on the way, and Arthur sent Artegall away in his anger.
(b) He sent Artegall off to continue his own quest.
(c) Artegall is waiting for Arthur outside the castle walls.
(d) Artegall was wounded in battle on the way to Belge's castle.
9. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
(a) He is wearing the armor of one of the knights he killed.
(b) He breaks down the door, and she has no choice.
(c) She is attracted to his beauty and wishes to seduce him.
(d) He knows the password, so she assumes he is a friend.
10. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
(a) A bear eating a baby.
(b) A Wood Nymph who tries to seduce him.
(c) Turpine ravishing a maiden.
(d) The beast that injured Serena.
11. Who is Calidore searching for?
(a) The Blatant Beast.
(d) The Hairy Carl.
12. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
(a) Brands him with the mark of a murderer on his forehead.
(b) Orders him to be a slave and squire to him for five years.
(c) Makes him wear the head of the woman he killed around his neck.
(d) Casts a spell on him that will blind him for ten years.
13. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
(a) She had her virture taken away from her on the road.
(b) She ran away with a knight when she was betrothed to another.
(c) She fled from her father under false pretences.
(d) She is in love with Calidore and is afraid he thinks her weak and unworthy.
14. What are the names of the two creatures mistreating Mirabella?
(a) Envy and Jealousy.
(b) Disdain and Scorn.
(c) Crass and Crude.
(d) Temptation and Impurity.
15. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
(a) She is silent and naked.
(b) She received many wounds.
(c) She is covered in dirt and mud.
(d) She is in disguise as someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
2. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
3. What does Calidore do to the Blatant Beast instead of killing it?
4. How does Calidore ignore the laws of Courtesy?
5. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)