|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Souldon killed?
(a) Arthur fights him and cuts off his head--the only way he can be killed.
(b) He is betrayed by one of his own men.
(c) His chariot flips over and he is mangled.
(d) Adicia kills him because she wants to be with Artegall.
2. What are the names of the two creatures mistreating Mirabella?
(a) Temptation and Impurity.
(b) Disdain and Scorn.
(c) Envy and Jealousy.
(d) Crass and Crude.
3. Who saves Serena from the cannibal savages in the forest?
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
4. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
(a) She is in disguise as someone else.
(b) She is covered in dirt and mud.
(c) She received many wounds.
(d) She is silent and naked.
5. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
(a) She thinks Timias is dead.
(b) She thinks she sees Calidore.
(c) She is scared by the hermit.
(d) Timias is trying to attack her.
6. What are the names of the three figures who attacked Timias?
(a) Malice, Chagrin, and Need.
(b) Curtly, Hurtly, and Purtly.
(c) Despetto, Decetto, and Defetto.
(d) Envy, Jealousy, and Greed.
7. Why does Jove allow her to continue her destruction of Man's Golden Age?
(a) She promises her hand in marriage if she may continue.
(b) She threatens to destroy the Gods.
(c) He is charmed by her beauty.
(d) She deceives them with stories of their hatred.
8. Who is Calidore searching for?
(a) The Hairy Carl.
(d) The Blatant Beast.
9. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
(a) Artegall is jealous of Braggadochio's skills.
(b) Braggadochio threatened to kill Artegall if he won.
(c) Artegall suspects that Braggadochio cheated.
(d) Artegall won the prize using Braggadochio's shield.
10. What two things does Calpine leave behind once again?
(a) His sword and his shield.
(b) Serena and Timias.
(c) His armor and his horse.
(d) His helmet and his food.
11. Which of these things does Mutability claim to have control over?
(a) The whirlwinds.
(b) The seasons.
(c) The tides.
(d) The gravitational pull.
12. What interesting point does the Salvage Man prove?
(a) Those who cannot read can fight better.
(b) An uneducated savage can be more civil than an educated knight.
(c) Speaking is an over-rated practice.
(d) Reading the stars is more important than reading books.
13. What does the poet say Mutability cannot control?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The underworld.
(c) The oceans.
(d) The earth.
14. Who comes to kill the band of brigands?
15. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) A Pendant of Protection.
(b) A Shield of Wonder.
(c) Knowledge and Wisdom.
(d) A magical sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
2. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
3. What is Britomart so disgusted about when she sees Artegall?
4. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
5. What does Calpine feel determines a child's destiny?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)