|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Radigund, the Amazon warrior, make all of the men she defeats do?
(a) Wear dresses and perform women's work.
(b) Fight each other in a spectator's ring.
(c) Serve as slaves.
(d) Make love to them.
2. Who kills Malengin?
3. How does Pollente try to trick Artegall?
(a) Drops him through a trap door on the bridge.
(b) Asks for double the normal fee to cross.
(c) Attacks him from behind.
(d) Promises his daughter's hand in marriage.
4. Why does Samient stop Artegall from slaying the third knight who is pursuing her?
(a) She cannot stand to see any more death cause by her.
(b) The knight is Arthur who was trying to save her from the other two.
(c) The third knight is her lover.
(d) She fears for Artegall's life and hopes to strike an agreement with the third knight.
5. Why are the shepherds all captured?
(a) They defamed a piece of holy land.
(b) Calidore is gone hunting and is not there to protect them.
(c) They were caught unawares while sleeping.
(d) They were being avenged for killing some of the band of robbers.
6. How is Souldon killed?
(a) His chariot flips over and he is mangled.
(b) He is betrayed by one of his own men.
(c) Arthur fights him and cuts off his head--the only way he can be killed.
(d) Adicia kills him because she wants to be with Artegall.
7. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
(a) She is in disguise as someone else.
(b) She received many wounds.
(c) She is covered in dirt and mud.
(d) She is silent and naked.
8. What does Calpine feel determines a child's destiny?
(a) His parentage.
(b) His upbringing.
(d) The desires of his heart.
9. Why is Marinell so depressed?
10. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
(a) That Eirena be placed back on her throne.
(b) Safe passage back to Britomart's kingdom.
(c) A chest full of riches.
(d) Eirena's hand in marriage.
11. Which of the following is NOT something found on the man-eating monster?
(a) Dog's body.
(b) Woman's face.
(c) Dragon's tail.
(d) Eagle's claws.
12. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
(a) To follow his love.
(b) To seek solace for deep emotional wounds.
(c) To avenge the death of his brother.
(d) Man's excessive evils.
13. What do Artegall and Arthur use to get Malengin to come out of his cave?
(a) They shout a challenge to him.
(c) Artegall while in his women's clothing from the Amazons.
(d) A pile of riches.
14. What is Artegall's argument for the Giant trying to fairly distribute landmarks and wealth?
(a) The beauty of the earth would be destroyed in the configuration.
(b) No one person can do it all alone.
(c) The giant would try to give more to himself and his kin.
(d) It would disrupt God's natrual balance.
15. What does Turpine do after Arthur leaves?
(a) Sets off on a journey to the house of Holiness.
(b) Attempts to kill himself.
(c) Sends two knights after Arthur to kill him.
(d) Finds a maiden and ravishes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
2. Who is the main competition for Pastorella's love?
3. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
4. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
5. Who is Pastorella's mother?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)