|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the brigand not sell Coridon?
(a) He is such a weakling that no one will buy him.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He works so well that the brigands keep him on as their own slave.
(d) One of the brigands has fallen in love with him.
2. What did the father of Amidas and Bracidas leave his son as an inheritance when he died.
(a) A book explaining the secrets of a happy life.
(b) Two castles.
(d) A cavern full of riches.
3. Why does the poet decide to forswear earthly vanities?
(a) He finds them the key to destruction.
(b) There is no real joy found in them.
(c) He will wait a time to build humility.
(d) Change holds sway over them for now.
4. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
(a) He breaks down the door, and she has no choice.
(b) He knows the password, so she assumes he is a friend.
(c) She is attracted to his beauty and wishes to seduce him.
(d) He is wearing the armor of one of the knights he killed.
5. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
(b) Shaves and shears them.
(c) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
(d) Gouges out their eyes.
6. Why do Serena and Timias stay with the hermit while the rest travel on?
(a) They are ordered to stay and help the hermit as payment for his kindness.
(b) They are drawn to the simple lifestyle of the hermit.
(c) They are too ill from the bites of the beast.
(d) They are sick with worry for their loves.
7. What happened to Faunus when he was caught spying on Diana while bathing.
(a) He was turned into a deer and hunted down.
(b) She drowned him in the pool she was bathing in.
(c) He wooed her and married her.
(d) He fell from the tree he was sitting in and died.
8. Why is Marinell so depressed?
9. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
(a) He sees Arthur's shield and is afraid of him.
(b) He is out of men to feed to the monster.
(c) He sees Arthur kill four men.
(d) He tries to fight, but is overcome by Arthur's fighting ability.
10. What is Colin Clout's special gift?
(a) He is a shape-shifter.
(b) He creates worlds with his music.
(c) He can see into the future.
(d) He can read minds.
11. Why do Artegall and Britomart part ways once more?
(a) Artegall and Talus are still on the quest to save Eirena.
(b) They fight and swear to never see each other again.
(c) Britomart is so angry about the whole situation that she cannot stand to be around Artegall.
(d) Artegall wants time to repent of his sins before seeing Britomart again.
12. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
(a) The shield of love.
(b) His long pleadings.
(c) He knew the password.
(d) A mark on his forearm.
13. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
14. Who is Pastorella's mother?
15. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
(a) She fled from her father under false pretences.
(b) She had her virture taken away from her on the road.
(c) She ran away with a knight when she was betrothed to another.
(d) She is in love with Calidore and is afraid he thinks her weak and unworthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
2. Who has destroyed Man's golden age?
3. Which of the following is NOT something found on the man-eating monster?
4. Why does Arthur leave Turpine alive?
5. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)