|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interesting point does the Salvage Man prove?
(a) Speaking is an over-rated practice.
(b) An uneducated savage can be more civil than an educated knight.
(c) Those who cannot read can fight better.
(d) Reading the stars is more important than reading books.
2. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
(a) He is wearing the armor of one of the knights he killed.
(b) She is attracted to his beauty and wishes to seduce him.
(c) He breaks down the door, and she has no choice.
(d) He knows the password, so she assumes he is a friend.
3. Where is the monster found?
(a) Beneath a statue of a man-eating monster.
(b) In the dungeaons of the castle.
(c) In the highest tower of the castle.
(d) In a well of water and fire.
4. Who is Pastorella's mother?
5. Who saves Serena from the cannibal savages in the forest?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
6. Who is Calidore searching for?
(a) The Hairy Carl.
(b) The Blatant Beast.
7. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
(a) An evil plot between two withces to destroy the wedding.
(b) His mother with Proteus.
(c) A song telling him how to contiune on his quest.
(d) Florimell crying for him while in prison.
8. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
(a) She is scared by the hermit.
(b) Timias is trying to attack her.
(c) She thinks Timias is dead.
(d) She thinks she sees Calidore.
9. How many days does Artegall have to get to Grantoro's castle before Eirena will be killed?
10. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
(a) He tries to fight, but is overcome by Arthur's fighting ability.
(b) He is out of men to feed to the monster.
(c) He sees Arthur kill four men.
(d) He sees Arthur's shield and is afraid of him.
11. What is Tristram's excuse for killing a knight when he is not a knight himself.
(a) The knight was disrespectful to him.
(b) He saw the knight mistreating a lady..
(c) The knight was riding a horse stolen from Tristram's uncle.
(d) The knight killed his brother.
12. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
(a) The women warriors will discontiue their blood thirsty ways.
(b) Artegall and Radigund will fight one-on-one the next day.
(c) They will fight for two more days and then decide the winner.
(d) The men will leave and not harrass the women warriors any longer.
13. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
(a) Artegall fights them all.
(b) Talus slays them for Artegall.
(c) They are in a state of chaos and turn on each other.
(d) Grantoro kills them.
14. How does Britomart escape the trap that Dolon set for him.
(a) She fights him when she is caught.
(b) She stays awake all night.
(c) Talus helps her escape.
(d) She gets one of his sons to help her.
15. What does Talus do to Brggadochio for stealing Guyon's horse?
(a) Cuts off his right hand.
(b) Makes Braggadochio purchase three more horses for Guyon.
(c) Brands the mark of the thief on his forehead.
(d) Shaves his head and breaks his sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the brigand not sell Coridon?
2. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
3. Whose castle is Florimell being held captive in?
4. Who falls in love with Artegall while he is in captivity?
5. Which of these things does Mutability claim to have control over?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)