|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calpine feel determines a child's destiny?
(a) His parentage.
(c) The desires of his heart.
(d) His upbringing.
2. What does Calidore do to the Blatant Beast instead of killing it?
(a) Trains him to be a servant.
(b) Subdues it and ties his mouth shut.
(c) Beats him senseless.
(d) Locks him in a dungeon.
3. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
(a) They will fight for two more days and then decide the winner.
(b) Artegall and Radigund will fight one-on-one the next day.
(c) The men will leave and not harrass the women warriors any longer.
(d) The women warriors will discontiue their blood thirsty ways.
4. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
(a) Artegall allows himself to lose so that he can study the Amazons from captivity.
(b) She is a better fighter.
(c) When he sees her face after taking off her helmet, he is overcome by her beauty.
(d) Artegall cannot kill a woman.
5. Why is Britomart so angry about Artegall's predicament?
(a) She is afraid he will not want her after seeing the Amazon beauty.
(b) She is angry that he could not defeat a bunch of women.
(c) She thinks he will be unfaithful to her.
(d) She thinks he will be dead.
6. Why do Artegall and Britomart part ways once more?
(a) Artegall and Talus are still on the quest to save Eirena.
(b) They fight and swear to never see each other again.
(c) Artegall wants time to repent of his sins before seeing Britomart again.
(d) Britomart is so angry about the whole situation that she cannot stand to be around Artegall.
7. How does Calidore ignore the laws of Courtesy?
(a) He does not leave Serena with a kiss.
(b) He let the beast escape while looking for Calepine.
(c) He fails to check on Serena when she is dropped from the mouth of the beast.
(d) He does not rise when Serena rises as is customary.
8. Why do the brigands not sell Patronella with the rest of her people?
(a) The leader has fallen in love with her.
(b) Nobody wants to pay such a high price for a slave.
(c) She runs away before they can sell her.
(d) She has no real abilities.
9. Who injures Calepine?
(d) The Beast.
10. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
(a) Braggadochio threatened to kill Artegall if he won.
(b) Artegall won the prize using Braggadochio's shield.
(c) Artegall suspects that Braggadochio cheated.
(d) Artegall is jealous of Braggadochio's skills.
11. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
12. Who kills Malengin?
13. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
(a) Eirena's hand in marriage.
(b) Safe passage back to Britomart's kingdom.
(c) A chest full of riches.
(d) That Eirena be placed back on her throne.
14. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
(a) He breaks down the door, and she has no choice.
(b) She is attracted to his beauty and wishes to seduce him.
(c) He knows the password, so she assumes he is a friend.
(d) He is wearing the armor of one of the knights he killed.
15. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
2. Why do Serena and Timias stay with the hermit while the rest travel on?
3. What causes Calidore to stop his quest for the Blatant Beast?
4. What is Artegall's argument for the Giant trying to fairly distribute landmarks and wealth?
5. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)