|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
(a) Never call himself a knight again.
(b) Serve as Arthur's servant.
(c) Never mistreat a lady again.
(d) Repent of all his evil doings and devote his life to God.
2. Who do Arthur and Artegall find sentenced to death when they reach Mercilla's castle?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
3. What is Artegall's argument for the Giant trying to fairly distribute landmarks and wealth?
(a) It would disrupt God's natrual balance.
(b) The beauty of the earth would be destroyed in the configuration.
(c) The giant would try to give more to himself and his kin.
(d) No one person can do it all alone.
4. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) Knowledge and Wisdom.
(b) A Shield of Wonder.
(c) A magical sword.
(d) A Pendant of Protection.
5. What did the father of Amidas and Bracidas leave his son as an inheritance when he died.
(b) A book explaining the secrets of a happy life.
(c) A cavern full of riches.
(d) Two castles.
6. How does Britomart escape the trap that Dolon set for him.
(a) Talus helps her escape.
(b) She stays awake all night.
(c) She fights him when she is caught.
(d) She gets one of his sons to help her.
7. Whose castle is Florimell being held captive in?
8. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
(a) Virtuous Living.
(b) Avoidance of Secrets.
(c) Self Control.
(d) Kindness to all.
9. Who has destroyed Man's golden age?
10. What is said that ends the debate with Mutability?
(a) Change aids the perfection of nature.
(b) No control exists in change.
(c) Mutability is to rule forever.
(d) There will come a time when change will no longer occur.
11. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
(a) Killing and torturing women in the area.
(b) Eating all of her harvest foods.
(c) Feeding her sons to a monster.
(d) Beating her relentlessly.
12. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
(a) He knows the password, so she assumes he is a friend.
(b) He is wearing the armor of one of the knights he killed.
(c) He breaks down the door, and she has no choice.
(d) She is attracted to his beauty and wishes to seduce him.
13. Why do Artegall and Britomart part ways once more?
(a) They fight and swear to never see each other again.
(b) Artegall wants time to repent of his sins before seeing Britomart again.
(c) Artegall and Talus are still on the quest to save Eirena.
(d) Britomart is so angry about the whole situation that she cannot stand to be around Artegall.
14. Who does Marinell's mother ask to help fight the cause of her son's depression?
15. How is Souldon killed?
(a) His chariot flips over and he is mangled.
(b) Adicia kills him because she wants to be with Artegall.
(c) Arthur fights him and cuts off his head--the only way he can be killed.
(d) He is betrayed by one of his own men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marinell so depressed?
2. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
3. How does Artegall escape from the Amazons?
4. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
5. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)