|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
(a) She is in disguise as someone else.
(b) She is silent and naked.
(c) She is covered in dirt and mud.
(d) She received many wounds.
2. Who do Arthur and Artegall find sentenced to death when they reach Mercilla's castle?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
3. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
(a) That Eirena be placed back on her throne.
(b) Eirena's hand in marriage.
(c) A chest full of riches.
(d) Safe passage back to Britomart's kingdom.
4. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
(a) A mark on his forearm.
(b) He knew the password.
(c) His long pleadings.
(d) The shield of love.
5. Why does Dolon set a trap for Britomart?
(a) He wants to punish Artegall by killing his beloved.
(b) He wants her to marry one of his sons.
(c) He believes that she killed his son.
(d) He wants to take her virtue.
6. What is said that ends the debate with Mutability?
(a) No control exists in change.
(b) Change aids the perfection of nature.
(c) Mutability is to rule forever.
(d) There will come a time when change will no longer occur.
7. How does Calidore ignore the laws of Courtesy?
(a) He does not rise when Serena rises as is customary.
(b) He fails to check on Serena when she is dropped from the mouth of the beast.
(c) He does not leave Serena with a kiss.
(d) He let the beast escape while looking for Calepine.
8. What does Calpine feel determines a child's destiny?
(b) The desires of his heart.
(c) His parentage.
(d) His upbringing.
9. How does Artegall escape from the Amazons?
(a) Radigund lets him go.
(b) He sneaks away while the women are all sleeping.
(c) Clarinda helps him after he pldeges his love to her.
(d) Arthur rescues him.
10. Whose castle is Florimell being held captive in?
11. How many days does Artegall have to get to Grantoro's castle before Eirena will be killed?
12. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
(a) Arthur and Artegall got in an argument on the way, and Arthur sent Artegall away in his anger.
(b) Artegall is waiting for Arthur outside the castle walls.
(c) He sent Artegall off to continue his own quest.
(d) Artegall was wounded in battle on the way to Belge's castle.
13. What proves Pastorella's heritage?
(a) The color of her hair.
(b) A rose shaped birthmark.
(c) A brand on the bottom of her foot.
(d) A blue mark on her back.
14. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
(a) He sees Arthur kill four men.
(b) He sees Arthur's shield and is afraid of him.
(c) He is out of men to feed to the monster.
(d) He tries to fight, but is overcome by Arthur's fighting ability.
15. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
(a) The men will leave and not harrass the women warriors any longer.
(b) Artegall and Radigund will fight one-on-one the next day.
(c) The women warriors will discontiue their blood thirsty ways.
(d) They will fight for two more days and then decide the winner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
2. Who saves Serena from the cannibal savages in the forest?
3. Why do Artegall and Britomart part ways once more?
4. Why is Marinell so depressed?
5. What two things does Calpine leave behind once again?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)