|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Turpine do after Arthur leaves?
(a) Finds a maiden and ravishes her.
(b) Attempts to kill himself.
(c) Sets off on a journey to the house of Holiness.
(d) Sends two knights after Arthur to kill him.
2. How does Pollente try to trick Artegall?
(a) Drops him through a trap door on the bridge.
(b) Attacks him from behind.
(c) Promises his daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) Asks for double the normal fee to cross.
3. What does Calepine find while wandering the woods?
(a) A bear eating a baby.
(b) Turpine ravishing a maiden.
(c) The beast that injured Serena.
(d) A Wood Nymph who tries to seduce him.
4. What lets Radigund defeat Artegall?
(a) When he sees her face after taking off her helmet, he is overcome by her beauty.
(b) Artegall cannot kill a woman.
(c) She is a better fighter.
(d) Artegall allows himself to lose so that he can study the Amazons from captivity.
5. Why does Adicia let Artegall into the castle?
(a) He knows the password, so she assumes he is a friend.
(b) She is attracted to his beauty and wishes to seduce him.
(c) He breaks down the door, and she has no choice.
(d) He is wearing the armor of one of the knights he killed.
6. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
(a) They see Timias in the woods and rush to give him aid.
(b) They dissapear in a swirl of black smoke.
(c) Mirabell explains that she needs them for her recovery from pride.
(d) Arthur takes pity on their mournful pleas.
7. What is Tristram's excuse for killing a knight when he is not a knight himself.
(a) The knight was riding a horse stolen from Tristram's uncle.
(b) The knight killed his brother.
(c) The knight was disrespectful to him.
(d) He saw the knight mistreating a lady..
8. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
(a) Her knight has deserted her.
(b) Her knight has been mistreating her.
(c) She is lost and alone and fears for her life.
(d) Her knight has been sorely wounded.
9. How many days does Artegall have to get to Grantoro's castle before Eirena will be killed?
10. Who teaches Briana and Crudor the ways of faithfulness?
11. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
(a) To follow his love.
(b) Man's excessive evils.
(c) To avenge the death of his brother.
(d) To seek solace for deep emotional wounds.
12. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) A Pendant of Protection.
(b) A Shield of Wonder.
(c) Knowledge and Wisdom.
(d) A magical sword.
13. Why does Jove allow her to continue her destruction of Man's Golden Age?
(a) She promises her hand in marriage if she may continue.
(b) She deceives them with stories of their hatred.
(c) She threatens to destroy the Gods.
(d) He is charmed by her beauty.
14. Who has destroyed Man's golden age?
15. What happens when the two Florimells stand next to each other?
(a) They become fast friends and sisters.
(b) The Snowy Florimell kills the real Florimell.
(c) The Snowy Florimell melts.
(d) They both die.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many foes did Scudamore have to defeat to win his way to Amoret?
2. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
3. Why is Arthur fighting at Belge's castle alone?
4. Who saves Serena from the cannibal savages in the forest?
5. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)