|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT one of the women surrounding Amoret?
2. What did the father of Amidas and Bracidas leave his son as an inheritance when he died.
(b) A book explaining the secrets of a happy life.
(c) A cavern full of riches.
(d) Two castles.
3. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
(a) His long pleadings.
(b) The shield of love.
(c) A mark on his forearm.
(d) He knew the password.
4. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
5. How does Pollente try to trick Artegall?
(a) Promises his daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) Drops him through a trap door on the bridge.
(c) Attacks him from behind.
(d) Asks for double the normal fee to cross.
6. Why does the brigand not sell Coridon?
(a) One of the brigands has fallen in love with him.
(b) He works so well that the brigands keep him on as their own slave.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He is such a weakling that no one will buy him.
7. Why does Arthur leave Turpine alive?
(a) He hears Blandina's flase cries for help.
(b) Turpine regains his strength and begins to fight with more fervancy.
(c) Arthur is distracted by something he sees in the distance.
(d) He pities Turpine for his misery.
8. How many foes did Scudamore have to defeat to win his way to Amoret?
9. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
(a) Never mistreat a lady again.
(b) Serve as Arthur's servant.
(c) Never call himself a knight again.
(d) Repent of all his evil doings and devote his life to God.
10. Why is Marinell so depressed?
11. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
(a) His mother with Proteus.
(b) Florimell crying for him while in prison.
(c) A song telling him how to contiune on his quest.
(d) An evil plot between two withces to destroy the wedding.
12. What is Britomart so disgusted about when she sees Artegall?
(a) She finds him with Clarinda.
(b) He has many horrible wounds.
(c) She finds him with Radigund.
(d) He is wearing women's clothing.
13. Who saves Serena from the cannibal savages in the forest?
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
14. What is Marinell's mother?
(a) A Sea Nymph.
(b) A Wood Nymph.
(c) A Goddess of Fire.
(d) A servant of Venus.
15. What does Radigund, the Amazon warrior, make all of the men she defeats do?
(a) Make love to them.
(b) Serve as slaves.
(c) Wear dresses and perform women's work.
(d) Fight each other in a spectator's ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Faunus when he was caught spying on Diana while bathing.
2. Why did Astraea leave the earth?
3. Why is Priscilla so worried about her reputation?
4. How does Artegall escape from the Amazons?
5. Who has destroyed Man's golden age?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)