|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose castle is Florimell being held captive in?
2. Who is Calidore searching for?
(b) The Blatant Beast.
(d) The Hairy Carl.
3. Who has destroyed Man's golden age?
4. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
(a) His mother with Proteus.
(b) Florimell crying for him while in prison.
(c) A song telling him how to contiune on his quest.
(d) An evil plot between two withces to destroy the wedding.
5. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
(a) He tries to fight, but is overcome by Arthur's fighting ability.
(b) He is out of men to feed to the monster.
(c) He sees Arthur's shield and is afraid of him.
(d) He sees Arthur kill four men.
6. What does Artegall demand if he wins the battle with Grantoro?
(a) That Eirena be placed back on her throne.
(b) Safe passage back to Britomart's kingdom.
(c) Eirena's hand in marriage.
(d) A chest full of riches.
7. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
(a) She is scared by the hermit.
(b) She thinks Timias is dead.
(c) Timias is trying to attack her.
(d) She thinks she sees Calidore.
8. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
(a) They are in a state of chaos and turn on each other.
(b) Artegall fights them all.
(c) Grantoro kills them.
(d) Talus slays them for Artegall.
9. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
10. What does Calpine feel determines a child's destiny?
(a) His upbringing.
(c) The desires of his heart.
(d) His parentage.
11. Why do Artegall and Britomart part ways once more?
(a) Artegall wants time to repent of his sins before seeing Britomart again.
(b) They fight and swear to never see each other again.
(c) Artegall and Talus are still on the quest to save Eirena.
(d) Britomart is so angry about the whole situation that she cannot stand to be around Artegall.
12. What do Artegall and Arthur use to get Malengin to come out of his cave?
(a) Artegall while in his women's clothing from the Amazons.
(c) They shout a challenge to him.
(d) A pile of riches.
13. Who injures Calepine?
(c) The Beast.
14. Which one of these is NOT one of the things that the hermit teaches Serena and Timias?
(a) Self Control.
(b) Avoidance of Secrets.
(c) Kindness to all.
(d) Virtuous Living.
15. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) A Shield of Wonder.
(b) A Pendant of Protection.
(c) Knowledge and Wisdom.
(d) A magical sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the brigand not sell Coridon?
2. Who is Pastorella's mother?
3. Why does Samient stop Artegall from slaying the third knight who is pursuing her?
4. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
5. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)