|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colin Clout's special gift?
(a) He can see into the future.
(b) He is a shape-shifter.
(c) He creates worlds with his music.
(d) He can read minds.
2. Who injures Calepine?
(c) The Beast.
3. What was Mirabella being punished for?
(a) She did not keep the secrets of her betrothed love.
(b) She was unfaithful to her knight.
(c) She was haughty and rude to Gloriana.
(d) She disdained love and rejoiced when her suitors pined for her.
4. What attacks Pastorella?
(a) The Blatant Beast.
(b) A Tiger.
(c) A Bear.
(d) A Giant.
5. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Gouges out their eyes.
(b) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
(c) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
(d) Shaves and shears them.
6. Why does the brigand not sell Coridon?
(a) He is such a weakling that no one will buy him.
(b) One of the brigands has fallen in love with him.
(c) He works so well that the brigands keep him on as their own slave.
(d) He escapes.
7. What is Geryoneo doing that has caused Belge to come to Mercilla for aid?
(a) Beating her relentlessly.
(b) Killing and torturing women in the area.
(c) Feeding her sons to a monster.
(d) Eating all of her harvest foods.
8. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
(a) A mark on his forearm.
(b) His long pleadings.
(c) The shield of love.
(d) He knew the password.
9. What interesting point does the Salvage Man prove?
(a) An uneducated savage can be more civil than an educated knight.
(b) Reading the stars is more important than reading books.
(c) Speaking is an over-rated practice.
(d) Those who cannot read can fight better.
10. What happened to Faunus when he was caught spying on Diana while bathing.
(a) He fell from the tree he was sitting in and died.
(b) He wooed her and married her.
(c) He was turned into a deer and hunted down.
(d) She drowned him in the pool she was bathing in.
11. Where is the monster found?
(a) In the dungeaons of the castle.
(b) In a well of water and fire.
(c) Beneath a statue of a man-eating monster.
(d) In the highest tower of the castle.
12. Why does Dolon set a trap for Britomart?
(a) He believes that she killed his son.
(b) He wants to punish Artegall by killing his beloved.
(c) He wants her to marry one of his sons.
(d) He wants to take her virtue.
13. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
(a) He is out of men to feed to the monster.
(b) He tries to fight, but is overcome by Arthur's fighting ability.
(c) He sees Arthur kill four men.
(d) He sees Arthur's shield and is afraid of him.
14. Which of these things does Mutability claim to have control over?
(a) The whirlwinds.
(b) The tides.
(c) The seasons.
(d) The gravitational pull.
15. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
(a) Artegall and Radigund will fight one-on-one the next day.
(b) The women warriors will discontiue their blood thirsty ways.
(c) The men will leave and not harrass the women warriors any longer.
(d) They will fight for two more days and then decide the winner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Serena flee into the woods again?
2. What happens when the two Florimells stand next to each other?
3. What did the father of Amidas and Bracidas leave his son as an inheritance when he died.
4. What causes Calidore to stop his quest for the Blatant Beast?
5. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)