|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Turpine agree to do if Arthur will spare his life?
(a) Serve as Arthur's servant.
(b) Never call himself a knight again.
(c) Repent of all his evil doings and devote his life to God.
(d) Never mistreat a lady again.
2. Why is Britomart so angry about Artegall's predicament?
(a) She thinks he will be dead.
(b) She thinks he will be unfaithful to her.
(c) She is afraid he will not want her after seeing the Amazon beauty.
(d) She is angry that he could not defeat a bunch of women.
3. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
4. What was it that allowed Scudamore to retrieve Amoret from those surrounding her?
(a) The shield of love.
(b) He knew the password.
(c) A mark on his forearm.
(d) His long pleadings.
5. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) A Pendant of Protection.
(b) A magical sword.
(c) Knowledge and Wisdom.
(d) A Shield of Wonder.
6. How does Artegall escape from the Amazons?
(a) Clarinda helps him after he pldeges his love to her.
(b) Arthur rescues him.
(c) Radigund lets him go.
(d) He sneaks away while the women are all sleeping.
7. Which of these is NOT one of the women surrounding Amoret?
8. Why does the brigand not sell Coridon?
(a) He is such a weakling that no one will buy him.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He works so well that the brigands keep him on as their own slave.
(d) One of the brigands has fallen in love with him.
9. What do Artegall and Arthur use to get Malengin to come out of his cave?
(a) They shout a challenge to him.
(b) A pile of riches.
(d) Artegall while in his women's clothing from the Amazons.
10. What does Maleffort do to knights and ladies that he captures?
(a) Curses them with impotence and infertility.
(b) Gouges out their eyes.
(c) Mocks them until they lose all confidence.
(d) Shaves and shears them.
11. Why do the brigands not sell Patronella with the rest of her people?
(a) The leader has fallen in love with her.
(b) She runs away before they can sell her.
(c) She has no real abilities.
(d) Nobody wants to pay such a high price for a slave.
12. How does Artegall get through the mob on the beach on his way to Grantoro?
(a) Talus slays them for Artegall.
(b) Artegall fights them all.
(c) They are in a state of chaos and turn on each other.
(d) Grantoro kills them.
13. What does the poet say Mutability cannot control?
(a) The oceans.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The earth.
(d) The underworld.
14. What is said that ends the debate with Mutability?
(a) No control exists in change.
(b) Mutability is to rule forever.
(c) There will come a time when change will no longer occur.
(d) Change aids the perfection of nature.
15. Which of these things does Mutability claim to have control over?
(a) The whirlwinds.
(b) The gravitational pull.
(c) The seasons.
(d) The tides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marinell hear while wandering around the castle?
2. How many foes did Scudamore have to defeat to win his way to Amoret?
3. Why are the shepherds all captured?
4. What are the names of the two hags who meet Artegall and Talus on the road back home?
5. What stops Arthur and Enias from killing the two creatures that were mistreating Mirabella?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)