|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interesting point does the Salvage Man prove?
(a) An uneducated savage can be more civil than an educated knight.
(b) Reading the stars is more important than reading books.
(c) Speaking is an over-rated practice.
(d) Those who cannot read can fight better.
2. Why is Priscilla crying when Calidore come across her in the road?
(a) Her knight has been mistreating her.
(b) Her knight has deserted her.
(c) Her knight has been sorely wounded.
(d) She is lost and alone and fears for her life.
3. How is Souldon killed?
(a) His chariot flips over and he is mangled.
(b) Arthur fights him and cuts off his head--the only way he can be killed.
(c) He is betrayed by one of his own men.
(d) Adicia kills him because she wants to be with Artegall.
4. What occupation does Tristram's father hold?
5. Who does Mutability battle and debate with?
6. Who is being wed in the very unique wedding while Florimell is locked up?
(a) The Sun and The Moon.
(b) The Song and The Wind.
(c) The Thames River and Medway.
(d) The Grass and The Earth.
7. What makes Geryoneo run away from Belge's castle?
(a) He is out of men to feed to the monster.
(b) He sees Arthur kill four men.
(c) He tries to fight, but is overcome by Arthur's fighting ability.
(d) He sees Arthur's shield and is afraid of him.
8. Why does Jove allow her to continue her destruction of Man's Golden Age?
(a) She promises her hand in marriage if she may continue.
(b) She threatens to destroy the Gods.
(c) She deceives them with stories of their hatred.
(d) He is charmed by her beauty.
9. What is Tristram's excuse for killing a knight when he is not a knight himself.
(a) He saw the knight mistreating a lady..
(b) The knight was disrespectful to him.
(c) The knight was riding a horse stolen from Tristram's uncle.
(d) The knight killed his brother.
10. Who has destroyed Man's golden age?
11. What terms are settled by Clarinda and Artegall?
(a) The women warriors will discontiue their blood thirsty ways.
(b) They will fight for two more days and then decide the winner.
(c) The men will leave and not harrass the women warriors any longer.
(d) Artegall and Radigund will fight one-on-one the next day.
12. Which of the following is NOT something found on the man-eating monster?
(a) Eagle's claws.
(b) Dog's body.
(c) Woman's face.
(d) Dragon's tail.
13. What does Radigund, the Amazon warrior, make all of the men she defeats do?
(a) Serve as slaves.
(b) Fight each other in a spectator's ring.
(c) Wear dresses and perform women's work.
(d) Make love to them.
14. What causes Calidore to stop his quest for the Blatant Beast?
(a) He hears Serena in the woods.
(b) Pastorella, a lovely shepherdess.
(c) He meets up with Arthur and helps him with his quest.
(d) He collapses from fatigue.
15. What was Artegall given to help him rescue Eirena?
(a) A magical sword.
(b) A Shield of Wonder.
(c) A Pendant of Protection.
(d) Knowledge and Wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Briana and Crudor the ways of faithfulness?
2. Who is Calidore searching for?
3. Why is Serena so hard to recognize when she is rescued in the forest?
4. What does the poet say Mutability cannot control?
5. Why is Artegall upset with Braggadochio accepting the winning prize?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)