|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) A desolate land.
(b) The House of Holiness.
(c) An island of pleasures.
(d) A dank, dark, dungeon.
2. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
(b) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(c) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
(d) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
3. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He is sure she is in love with another.
(b) He fears the wrath of her father.
(c) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(d) He feels too low for her great standards.
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
(a) Guyon offended him.
(b) Guyon was disrespectful to Mammon's daughter.
(c) Guyon did not submit to any of the temptations offered him.
(d) Mammon grows to like Guyon too much to tempt him and enslave him.
5. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(b) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(c) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(d) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
6. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
(a) Her future as a great knight.
(b) Her kingdom being destroyed, and the way to avoid that awful fate.
(c) Her true love.
(d) Her past.
7. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
(b) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(c) To avenge the death of his parents.
(d) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
8. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
9. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
(a) The broken spear.
(c) A week of servitude.
10. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) She has magical powers.
(b) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
(c) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(d) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
11. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
(b) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
(c) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
(d) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
12. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(b) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(c) Una tells him and he believes her.
(d) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
13. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
(a) A lion.
(b) A great stallion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A donkey.
14. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(b) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(c) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(d) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
15. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
(b) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
(c) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
(d) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
2. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
3. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
4. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
5. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)