|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(b) The Hairy Carl.
2. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
(a) She lends him a magical horse and sends him on a quest to find her.
(b) She makes a fake magical Florimell with her sorcery.
(c) She finds another woman for him to woo.
(d) She puts a sleeping spell on him to calm him down.
3. What does the beast do when he fails to capture and kill Florimell after she jumps into the fisherman's boat?
(a) He tears himself apart in shame.
(b) He goes back to the witch's son and eats him.
(c) He eats her horse.
(d) He tries to swim after her and drowns.
4. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
(a) Busirane is trying to heal Amoret from some of her previous wounds.
(b) Amoret is tied to a pillar while Busirane casts spells on her.
(c) Busirane has put Amoret under a spell and she attacks Britomart.
(d) Amoret is running away from Busirane who is hurling curses at her.
5. How does Una escape from the lusty Sansloy?
(a) He sees The Red Cross Knight coming, and runs away in fear.
(b) Archimago orders him to stop.
(c) Una finds his sword and injures him.
(d) The gentle forest folk hear her cries and come to her aid.
6. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(b) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(c) To avenge the death of her brother.
(d) To aid the plight of Una.
7. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(b) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(c) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(d) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
8. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
(a) Be Great and Be Not Too Great.
(b) Be Wise and Be Not Too Wise
(c) Be Afraid and Be Not Too Afraid.
(d) Be Bold and Be Not Too Bold.
9. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) The Dwarf.
10. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(b) An Angel and the Palmer.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
11. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
(a) She was being chased by lusty sorcerers.
(b) She was trying to find someone to help her combat evil men who had attacked her father.
(c) She was trying to catch some men that had stolen precious jewels from her.
(d) She was grieved at hearing of the death of her beloved knight.
12. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He stole it from Guyon.
(b) He found it wandering in the woods.
(c) He inherited it from his uncle.
(d) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
13. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Archimago disguised as The Red Cross Knight.
14. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
(a) They want time to collect money and plan for the festivities of their nuptials.
(b) Neither one of them want to quit their line of duty, so they decide to deny their true feelings.
(c) Artegall must finish his quest, and Britomart pledges to help Scudamore find Amoret.
(d) They feel that a marriage so soon would be fool hardy.
15. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(b) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(c) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(d) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
2. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
3. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
4. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
5. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)