|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
(b) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(c) She prepares a glorious feast.
(d) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
2. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(b) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
(c) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(d) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
3. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(b) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(c) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(d) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
4. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) An evil enchantress.
(b) Another great female knight.
(c) A future virgin queen.
(d) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
5. Who is Arthur in love with?
(d) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
6. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
(b) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(c) They are where decisions are made.
(d) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
7. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(b) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(c) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(d) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
8. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) A lion who would have eaten her.
(b) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(c) An evil serpent.
(d) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
9. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(b) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(c) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(d) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
10. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
(b) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
(c) A White lamb.
(d) A dwarf she saved from danger.
11. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(b) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(c) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(d) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
12. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
(a) He does not like to let his wife meet new people.
(b) He hates all knights because his father was killed by an evil knight.
(c) He was told in a dream that a group of knights would try to kill his wife.
(d) He fears that they may hurt him and his family.
13. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Archimago disguised as The Red Cross Knight.
14. Why does Britomart allow Busirane to live after he tried to kill her and her sister?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She wants to leave him where someone else will kill him so that his blood is not on her hands.
(c) She needs him alive to heal Amoret.
(d) She wants him to train her in the art of sorcery.
15. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He is sure she is in love with another.
(b) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(c) He fears the wrath of her father.
(d) He feels too low for her great standards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sir Scudamore so unhappy when Britomart finds him?
2. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
3. Why did Britomart become a knight?
4. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
5. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)