|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Blandamour claim Snowy Florimell?
(a) He unhorses Ferraugh without warning.
(b) He runs away with her in the knight.
(c) He challenges Ferraugh to a duel and wins.
(d) He saves her life.
2. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
(b) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
(c) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
(d) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
3. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(b) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(c) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(d) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
4. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
5. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(a) The Dwarf.
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
6. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
(a) They feel that a marriage so soon would be fool hardy.
(b) They want time to collect money and plan for the festivities of their nuptials.
(c) Artegall must finish his quest, and Britomart pledges to help Scudamore find Amoret.
(d) Neither one of them want to quit their line of duty, so they decide to deny their true feelings.
7. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) The Dwarf.
8. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) His future.
(b) A book of spells and potions.
(c) Some tales of great explorers.
(d) The history of Britain.
9. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(b) An evil enchantress.
(c) A future virgin queen.
(d) Another great female knight.
10. Who is the victor of the tournament?
(c) Archimago in disguise.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
11. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(b) He fears the wrath of her father.
(c) He is sure she is in love with another.
(d) He feels too low for her great standards.
12. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(b) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(c) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(d) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
13. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He found it wandering in the woods.
(b) He inherited it from his uncle.
(c) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
(d) He stole it from Guyon.
14. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
(b) A dwarf she saved from danger.
(c) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
(d) A White lamb.
15. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(b) The baby was cursed at birth.
(c) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(d) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
2. Who is Arthur in love with?
3. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
5. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)