|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(b) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(c) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
(d) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
2. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(b) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
3. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
(a) To protect him during the tournament and keep herself from getting married.
(b) To cause him to lose so that she could marry Triamond.
(c) To save his life and make him king.
(d) To confuse his wits and have him make her queen.
4. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
(c) The Snowy Florimell.
5. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
(a) She was grieved at hearing of the death of her beloved knight.
(b) She was trying to catch some men that had stolen precious jewels from her.
(c) She was trying to find someone to help her combat evil men who had attacked her father.
(d) She was being chased by lusty sorcerers.
6. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
(a) The broken spear.
(b) A week of servitude.
7. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
(b) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
(c) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
(d) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
8. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(b) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(c) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
9. How does Blandamour claim Snowy Florimell?
(a) He unhorses Ferraugh without warning.
(b) He challenges Ferraugh to a duel and wins.
(c) He saves her life.
(d) He runs away with her in the knight.
10. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
(a) A voice in her dreams telling her where to go.
(b) A turtle dove.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A stag.
11. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
(a) Una mocks his strength and ability.
(b) He does not abandon her. Una is the one who leaves of her own accord.
(c) He is summoned away by the Faerie Queene in a dream.
(d) Archimago summons his evil spirit to appear as Una being unfaithful with another man.
12. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
(b) A lion who would have eaten her.
(c) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(d) An evil serpent.
13. Why is Furor beating the young man?
(a) He has mistaken the young man for someone else who disrespected him.
(b) The young man stole his horse.
(c) Occasion, his mother, told him to.
(d) He is trying to get information out of him.
14. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Looking for berries.
(b) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(c) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(d) Running from a group of lusty men.
15. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(b) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(c) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
(d) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
2. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
3. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
4. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
5. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)