|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) The Dwarf.
2. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are where decisions are made.
(b) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
3. How does Sansjoy recover after he loses his duel with the Red Cross Knight?
(a) Duessa gives her life in exchange for Sansjoy's.
(b) He escapes to the Bower of Bliss, where he heals over time.
(c) Archimago saves him after Sansjoy agrees to help him destroy Una.
(d) He and Duessa convince a physician in the underworld to bring him back to life.
4. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(a) The Hairy Carl.
5. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(a) The Goddess Venus.
(c) The Goddess Diana.
6. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
(a) His children will live on to be great kings and rulers over many nations.
(b) After fighting dragons, he will one day be known as a great saint.
(c) He will marry for love and live a quiet but happy life.
(d) He will die trying to protect his true love.
7. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
(a) He is upset that Guyon tied up Occasion and kept him from having a good fight.
(b) He is angry that Guyon allowed Furor and Occasion to live.
(c) Pyrochles is really Archimago in disguise.
(d) Guyon defends Phedon, and this angers Pyrochles.
8. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(b) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(c) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
(d) Una tells him and he believes her.
9. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(b) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(c) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(d) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
10. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
11. Why does Britomart allow Busirane to live after he tried to kill her and her sister?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She needs him alive to heal Amoret.
(c) She wants to leave him where someone else will kill him so that his blood is not on her hands.
(d) She wants him to train her in the art of sorcery.
12. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
(a) He agreed to marry Canacee if his life was spared.
(b) He took the magic ring off his finger.
(c) He was very skilled in dodging Cambell's blows.
(d) His brothers gave him their life force.
13. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) The Dwarf.
14. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
(a) He returns to his buried treasure to find it gone and slinks away to live out his days in a cave as Jealousy.
(b) He joins the band of Satyrs hoping to one day win back the affections of Hellenore.
(c) He curses her to never bear children because of her unfaithfulness.
(d) He finds a Satyr that he falls in love with and takes her away from the forest instead.
15. Why is Amoret so uncomfortable about traveling with Britomart?
(a) She is afraid that Sir Scudamore, her husband, will be unhappy.
(b) She fears for her virtue because she does not know that Britomart is a woman.
(c) She is afraid that Britomart will ask for information that she has promised to tell no one.
(d) She feels so indebted, but has no way to repay her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
2. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
3. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
4. How is Orgoglio finally defeated?
5. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)