|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(b) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(c) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
2. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(b) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(c) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(d) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
3. Who ended the battle between Triamond and Campbell with her pleading?
4. Why does Britomart allow Busirane to live after he tried to kill her and her sister?
(a) She wants him to train her in the art of sorcery.
(b) She wants to leave him where someone else will kill him so that his blood is not on her hands.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She needs him alive to heal Amoret.
5. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(b) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(c) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(d) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
6. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(b) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(c) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(d) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
7. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(b) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(c) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(d) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
8. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
(a) Everyone, she is the leader of the group.
(b) A sly monster who is tracking her without her notice.
(c) A dwarf she saved from danger.
(d) A White lamb.
9. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(b) The baby was cursed at birth.
(c) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(d) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
10. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(a) The Dwarf.
(c) The Red Cross Knight.
11. How did Triamond survive his battle with Campbell?
(a) He agreed to marry Canacee if his life was spared.
(b) His brothers gave him their life force.
(c) He took the magic ring off his finger.
(d) He was very skilled in dodging Cambell's blows.
12. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
(a) She takes him to the House of Holiness.
(b) She asks Arthur to train him in the proper ways of being a Knight.
(c) She builds up his confidence by praising all of his good qualities for over five hours.
(d) She prays with him for the strength he needs to overcome them three times a day.
13. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(b) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
14. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) The House of Holiness.
(b) A dank, dark, dungeon.
(c) An island of pleasures.
(d) A desolate land.
15. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(b) Running from a group of lusty men.
(c) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(d) Looking for berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
2. What is Guyon's mission?
3. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
4. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
5. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)