|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
(b) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
(c) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
(d) By the mischieveous Cupid.
2. Who is the victor of the tournament?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Archimago in disguise.
3. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(c) The Hairy Carl.
4. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
(a) Pyrochles is really Archimago in disguise.
(b) He is upset that Guyon tied up Occasion and kept him from having a good fight.
(c) He is angry that Guyon allowed Furor and Occasion to live.
(d) Guyon defends Phedon, and this angers Pyrochles.
5. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
(b) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(c) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
(d) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
6. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) Some tales of great explorers.
(b) His future.
(c) The history of Britain.
(d) A book of spells and potions.
7. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(b) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
(c) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(d) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
8. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
(b) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(c) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(d) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
9. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are where decisions are made.
(b) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
10. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(b) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(c) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(d) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
11. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(b) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(c) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(d) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
12. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
13. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) A dank, dark, dungeon.
(b) The House of Holiness.
(c) An island of pleasures.
(d) A desolate land.
14. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
(b) The Snowy Florimell.
15. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
(a) The Goddess Diana.
(b) The Goddess Venus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
2. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
3. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
5. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)