|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
(a) The Snowy Florimell.
2. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
(d) The Hairy Carl.
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
(b) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
(c) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(d) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
4. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
(a) To save his life and make him king.
(b) To confuse his wits and have him make her queen.
(c) To protect him during the tournament and keep herself from getting married.
(d) To cause him to lose so that she could marry Triamond.
5. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
(a) He collapses out of relief for his life being spared.
(b) He has had three days and nights with no food or sleep.
(c) He sees a dragon and faints out of fear.
(d) He feels ashamed for his behavior with Mammon, and collapses in despair and shame.
6. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
(b) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(c) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
(d) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
7. Who comes on the scene as Paridell's new love interest?
(d) Archimago in disguise.
8. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(b) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(c) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(d) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
9. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
(b) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
(c) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
(d) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
10. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
(b) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(c) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
(d) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
11. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
(b) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
(c) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
(d) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
12. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
13. Who is Arthur in love with?
(b) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
14. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The baby was cursed at birth.
(b) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
(c) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(d) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
15. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(b) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(c) To aid the plight of Una.
(d) To avenge the death of her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
2. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
3. Why is Furor beating the young man?
4. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
5. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)