|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(b) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(c) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(d) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
2. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
(b) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
(c) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
(d) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
3. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
(c) The Snowy Florimell.
4. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) The Dwarf.
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(b) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(c) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(d) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
6. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(b) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(c) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(d) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
7. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
(a) To save his life and make him king.
(b) To protect him during the tournament and keep herself from getting married.
(c) To cause him to lose so that she could marry Triamond.
(d) To confuse his wits and have him make her queen.
8. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
(a) His future.
(b) A book of spells and potions.
(c) The history of Faerie and the lineage of Gloriana.
(d) Some tales of Great explorers.
9. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
(a) Una tells him and he believes her.
(b) He follows her and sees her speaking with Archimago.
(c) She is forced to strip in front of him that he might see her evil side.
(d) Duessa reveals herself by mistake.
10. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He is Archimago in disguise.
(b) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(c) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(d) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
11. Why is Amoret so uncomfortable about traveling with Britomart?
(a) She feels so indebted, but has no way to repay her.
(b) She is afraid that Britomart will ask for information that she has promised to tell no one.
(c) She fears for her virtue because she does not know that Britomart is a woman.
(d) She is afraid that Sir Scudamore, her husband, will be unhappy.
12. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
(a) A foolish princess who will destroy the kingdom through her carelessness.
(b) Another great female knight.
(c) A future virgin queen.
(d) An evil enchantress.
13. Why does Britomart allow Busirane to live after he tried to kill her and her sister?
(a) She wants him to train her in the art of sorcery.
(b) She wants to leave him where someone else will kill him so that his blood is not on her hands.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She needs him alive to heal Amoret.
14. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
(a) A great stallion.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
15. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Looking for berries.
(b) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(c) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(d) Running from a group of lusty men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
2. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
3. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
4. Who comes on the scene as Paridell's new love interest?
5. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)