|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A great stallion.
(c) A lion.
(d) A tiger.
2. Who is almost killed while trying to help defeat Orgolio?
(b) The Dwarf.
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
3. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
(a) A voice in her dreams telling her where to go.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A stag.
(d) A turtle dove.
4. What does the beast do when he fails to capture and kill Florimell after she jumps into the fisherman's boat?
(a) He goes back to the witch's son and eats him.
(b) He eats her horse.
(c) He tears himself apart in shame.
(d) He tries to swim after her and drowns.
5. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
(a) To cause him to lose so that she could marry Triamond.
(b) To protect him during the tournament and keep herself from getting married.
(c) To confuse his wits and have him make her queen.
(d) To save his life and make him king.
6. Why does Britomart allow Busirane to live after he tried to kill her and her sister?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She needs him alive to heal Amoret.
(c) She wants him to train her in the art of sorcery.
(d) She wants to leave him where someone else will kill him so that his blood is not on her hands.
7. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(b) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(c) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(d) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
8. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
(b) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
(c) His wife convinces him to let them in.
(d) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
9. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) A desolate land.
(b) A dank, dark, dungeon.
(c) An island of pleasures.
(d) The House of Holiness.
10. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(b) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
(c) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(d) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
11. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
(a) The fountain they are at is really a transformed nymph and the water there cannot be made impure.
(b) The blood is a sign of the baby's part in his mother's death.
(c) The baby was cursed at birth.
(d) Before killing herself, the mother prayed that her blodd may remain on her baby's hands that he might remember her always.
12. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) She has magical powers.
(b) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(c) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
(d) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
13. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
(a) A book of spells and potions.
(b) Some tales of Great explorers.
(c) The history of Faerie and the lineage of Gloriana.
(d) His future.
14. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
(b) The Snowy Florimell.
15. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(b) To aid the plight of Una.
(c) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(d) To avenge the death of her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
2. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
3. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
4. What is Guyon's mission?
5. What causes Malecasta to faint?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)