|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
(a) A great stallion.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A lion.
(d) A tiger.
2. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
(b) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
(c) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(d) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
3. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(b) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(c) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(d) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
4. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(a) The Dwarf.
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
5. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(b) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(c) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(d) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
6. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
(b) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(c) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
(d) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
7. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(b) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(c) Looking for berries.
(d) Running from a group of lusty men.
8. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(b) To find Artegall, her future husband.
(c) To avenge the death of her brother.
(d) To aid the plight of Una.
9. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She was abandoned there by her parents.
(b) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(c) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(d) She is hiding from someone.
10. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) Error's children help him destroy her.
(b) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(c) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
(d) He calls upon God to give him strength.
11. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
(b) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
(c) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
(d) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
12. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(b) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
(c) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(d) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
13. What are the messages that Britomart finds in the two chambers?
(a) Be Bold and Be Not Too Bold.
(b) Be Afraid and Be Not Too Afraid.
(c) Be Great and Be Not Too Great.
(d) Be Wise and Be Not Too Wise
14. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(b) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(c) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(d) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
15. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
(a) He curses her to never bear children because of her unfaithfulness.
(b) He returns to his buried treasure to find it gone and slinks away to live out his days in a cave as Jealousy.
(c) He joins the band of Satyrs hoping to one day win back the affections of Hellenore.
(d) He finds a Satyr that he falls in love with and takes her away from the forest instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes on the scene as Paridell's new love interest?
2. Why is Furor beating the young man?
3. Why did Britomart become a knight?
4. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
5. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)