|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Belphoebe in the woods instead of at court?
(a) She prefers wild places to the softness of the court.
(b) She is hiding from someone.
(c) She got lost on her journey and is trying to find her way home.
(d) She was abandoned there by her parents.
2. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(b) An evil serpent.
(c) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
(d) A lion who would have eaten her.
3. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
(a) He believes Guymon to be Archimago in disguise.
(b) He likes a good fight and would have fought with anyone who crossed his path.
(c) He believes that Guymon left his brother to die at the hands of Occasion.
(d) He wants to win the love of Phaedra.
4. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
5. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(b) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(c) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(d) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
6. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(b) They are where decisions are made.
(c) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(d) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
7. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
(b) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
(c) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
(d) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
8. Why does Sansjoy challenge The Red Cross Knight to a duel?
(a) He is in love with the Knight's new traveling companion, Duessa.
(b) The Red Cross Knight killed his brother.
(c) He hates any righteous person and wants to stamp out the faith of the Knight.
(d) He wants to avenge the hurts he caused Una.
9. What causes Malecasta to faint?
(a) Hearing that The Red Cross Knight will not take pleasure in her because of his love for Una.
(b) Seeing The Red Cross Knight and Britomart together.
(c) Finding that her beloved knight, Britomart, is a woman.
(d) Seeing four of her six knights hewn down by The Red Cross Knight.
10. Who is the first person to ever defeat Guyon in a fight?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
11. What surprise is revealed to Poeana?
(a) She has had two lovers who look alike.
(b) She has magical powers.
(c) Her father forced her lover to be with her.
(d) She is secretly being held hostage by her father.
12. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
(a) Amoret is tied to a pillar while Busirane casts spells on her.
(b) Busirane has put Amoret under a spell and she attacks Britomart.
(c) Amoret is running away from Busirane who is hurling curses at her.
(d) Busirane is trying to heal Amoret from some of her previous wounds.
13. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
(b) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
(c) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
(d) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
14. What happens to Malbecco after being rejected by Hellenore after he finds her in the forest with the Satyrs.
(a) He curses her to never bear children because of her unfaithfulness.
(b) He returns to his buried treasure to find it gone and slinks away to live out his days in a cave as Jealousy.
(c) He joins the band of Satyrs hoping to one day win back the affections of Hellenore.
(d) He finds a Satyr that he falls in love with and takes her away from the forest instead.
15. Who is Arthur in love with?
(b) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
2. Who wounds Amoret in the woods?
3. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
4. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
5. Who took Belphoebe from her sleeping mother's side and raised her?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)