|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
(a) He uses the giants head which he cut off.
(b) He offers to tell secrets of their enemies that would weaken their defenses.
(c) He promises to protect them against all enemies.
(d) He threatens to cast spells that Merlin taught him.
2. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
(b) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
(c) His wife convinces him to let them in.
(d) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
3. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(b) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(c) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
(d) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
4. Why did Phedon kill his best friend and his betrothed?
(a) Philemon tricked Phedon into thinking that Claribell had been unfaithful.
(b) His best friend had killed his brother in a duel that his fiancee arranged.
(c) Claribel and Philemon tried to kill him.
(d) He killed them by mistake thinking they were his enemies.
5. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(b) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
(c) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
(d) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
6. Where does Phaedra take Guymon and Cymochles with her ferry?
(a) A dank, dark, dungeon.
(b) An island of pleasures.
(c) A desolate land.
(d) The House of Holiness.
7. What did Britomart see in the magic mirror that Merlin showed her?
(a) Her true love.
(b) Her future as a great knight.
(c) Her kingdom being destroyed, and the way to avoid that awful fate.
(d) Her past.
8. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(b) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
(c) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(d) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
9. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
(a) He found it wandering in the woods.
(b) He stole it from Guyon.
(c) Belphoebe gave it to him as a reward for finding her.
(d) He inherited it from his uncle.
10. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
(b) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
(c) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(d) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
11. Why does Britomart allow Busirane to live after he tried to kill her and her sister?
(a) She needs him alive to heal Amoret.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She wants to leave him where someone else will kill him so that his blood is not on her hands.
(d) She wants him to train her in the art of sorcery.
12. Why does Hellenore set fire to her husband's treasures?
(a) She was told in a dream that setting it on fire would multiply it.
(b) So that she and Paridell can have more time to run away together while he puts out the fire.
(c) She is jealous that Malbecco loves the treasure more than her.
(d) She is trying to get Malbecco to send her away in anger so that she can be with her true love.
13. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(b) Running from a group of lusty men.
(c) Looking for berries.
(d) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
14. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(b) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(c) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
(d) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
15. What does the witch do to calm his son down after Florimell runs away?
(a) She puts a sleeping spell on him to calm him down.
(b) She finds another woman for him to woo.
(c) She makes a fake magical Florimell with her sorcery.
(d) She lends him a magical horse and sends him on a quest to find her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening when Britomart finds Amoret?
2. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
3. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
4. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
5. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)