|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(b) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(c) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(d) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
2. What causes Una to faint numerous times?
(a) She comes across Sansloy and fears for her virtue.
(b) Archimago appears to her disguised as Error, and she faints in fear.
(c) She hears news from The Dwarf that The Red Cross Knight is alive, but captured by a great giant.
(d) She is told that The Red Cross Knight has been killed by Duessa.
3. In what mysterious way was Belphoebe's mother impregnated with her and her twin sister?
(a) Through prayers and a deep desire for a baby.
(b) By the mischieveous Cupid.
(c) Nobody knows. This is something Belphoebe is searching to find out.
(d) By the sun's rays while sleeping by the water.
4. Who is the brother of Pyrochles?
(a) The father of Furor.
(b) The brother of Archimago.
(c) The King of the Land.
(d) The lover of Acrasia.
5. What gives The Red Cross Knight the courage he needs to slay Error when he is almost defeated?
(a) He hears Una call to him to have faith.
(b) He calls upon God to give him strength.
(c) Error's children help him destroy her.
(d) He remembers the words of Gloriana the Faerie Queene and they give him the courage he needs.
6. Who comes on the scene as Paridell's new love interest?
(c) Archimago in disguise.
7. Why did Britomart become a knight?
(a) She was forced to learn to fight because of the lack of able-bodied men in her kingdom.
(b) Her father wanted her to be a boy, so raised her as one.
(c) She preferred learnign to fight to the softer ways of women.
(d) Her mother had seen a vision of her child bearing a spear and Britomart was her only child, so she had to fulfill it.
8. Who does Una come across in her distress that gives her hope?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) Archimago disguised as The Red Cross Knight.
9. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Running from a group of lusty men.
(b) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(c) Looking for berries.
(d) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
10. Who does Archimago disguise himself as in an attempt to fool Una
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(b) The Dwarf.
11. How does Lucifera welcome Duessa and The Red Cross Knight as they approach The House of Pride?
(a) She puts on a parade of her six trusted advisors.
(b) She prepares a glorious feast.
(c) She locks them up in a dungeon because she suspects foul play.
(d) She showers them with gifts in an effort to keep him from fulfilling the duty he was sent out to accomplish.
12. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
(a) His future.
(b) The history of Faerie and the lineage of Gloriana.
(c) Some tales of Great explorers.
(d) A book of spells and potions.
13. Why do Britomart and Artegall part after finally finding each other?
(a) They want time to collect money and plan for the festivities of their nuptials.
(b) They feel that a marriage so soon would be fool hardy.
(c) Neither one of them want to quit their line of duty, so they decide to deny their true feelings.
(d) Artegall must finish his quest, and Britomart pledges to help Scudamore find Amoret.
14. What unlikely protector does Una find?
(a) The Red Cross Knight's brother.
(b) A deaf and dumb enchantress.
(c) A lion who would have eaten her.
(d) An evil serpent.
15. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
(a) He was only pretending to be lifeless so that the dragon would wear himself out in the battle and reveal his weaknesses.
(b) He lands in the Well of Life, which heals his wounds and gives him more power.
(c) He is strengthened by a dream in which the Faerie Queene shows him the way to victory.
(d) Una brings a member of the House of Holiness to help heal him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Belphoebe back to Timias?
2. Who is Arthur in love with?
3. Why does The Red Cross Knight abandon Una?
4. Why did Canacee give Cambell a magic ring?
5. Why is Furor beating the young man?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)