|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fisherman do when he wakes up to see Florimell in his boat?
(a) He takes pity on her for her plight and promises to help her.
(b) He gets angry at her for taking his boat out to sea.
(c) He tries to rape her on a pile of fish.
(d) He doesn't even notice her because he is blind.
2. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) His future.
(b) A book of spells and potions.
(c) The history of Britain.
(d) Some tales of great explorers.
3. Who ended the battle between Triamond and Campbell with her pleading?
4. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(b) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
(c) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(d) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
5. What causes Malecasta to faint?
(a) Seeing four of her six knights hewn down by The Red Cross Knight.
(b) Finding that her beloved knight, Britomart, is a woman.
(c) Hearing that The Red Cross Knight will not take pleasure in her because of his love for Una.
(d) Seeing The Red Cross Knight and Britomart together.
6. Why does Malbecco finally let the knights in?
(a) They promise to protect him and his family from all enemies while they are there.
(b) His wife convinces him to let them in.
(c) They show him the many gifts they have rought for his wife.
(d) With the help of Britomart, they burn down his front gates.
7. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
(a) She hears that The Red Cross Knight is near and runs to find him.
(b) She sees Sansloy and fears that he may attempt to ravish her again.
(c) Archimago leads her away while disguised as another of the gentle forest people.
(d) Her new protector Satyrane is fighting a long and arduous battle with Sansloy.
8. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
(b) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(c) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(d) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
9. What is significant about the three upper rooms of the castle?
(a) They are the bedrooms of three sister queens.
(b) They hold ancient and powerful relics.
(c) They are where decisions are made.
(d) They are the prison cells of three powerful sorcerers.
10. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(b) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(c) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
(d) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
11. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
(a) The history of Faerie and the lineage of Gloriana.
(b) His future.
(c) Some tales of Great explorers.
(d) A book of spells and potions.
12. How does Arthur finally defeat Maleger after he revives himself from death numerous times?
(a) He chops off his head and then burns it so that his degenerative powers can't take hold.
(b) He hold him in the air as he dies so that the earth from which he was made will not restore him.
(c) He tells his army that he is planning to kill them and they help to kill him.
(d) He uses a spell he found in a book that makes him a mere mortal.
13. Who protects Guyon from his enemies while he is unconscious?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(d) An Angel and the Palmer.
14. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
(d) The Red Cross Knight.
15. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(a) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unlikely protector does Una find?
2. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
3. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
4. Why does Cymochles fight Guymon?
5. Why does Britomart allow Busirane to live after he tried to kill her and her sister?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)