|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
(b) The broken spear.
(c) A week of servitude.
2. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He fears the wrath of her father.
(b) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(c) He feels too low for her great standards.
(d) He is sure she is in love with another.
3. Why does Timias retreat to the woods as a hermit?
(a) He prefers the simplicity of life away from civilization.
(b) He is distraught over Belphoebe's ill-founded bad opinion of him.
(c) He has been rejected in love and no logner wants to live.
(d) He is ashamed of not defeating The Hairy Carl.
4. Who is Arthur in love with?
(a) Archimago disguised as a fair maiden.
5. What does Maleger ride as he comes to attack the castle?
(a) A great stallion.
(b) A lion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A donkey.
6. What does Error vomit up as a defense against The Red Cross Knight's attack?
(a) Skin-searing acid.
(b) Knives and swords.
(c) Moldy books and papers.
7. Who is the messenger who delivers the engagement-breaking news?
(b) Archimago in disguise.
(d) The Dwarf.
8. What is Britomart's quest?
(a) To regain the throne of her kingdom.
(b) To aid the plight of Una.
(c) To avenge the death of her brother.
(d) To find Artegall, her future husband.
9. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
(c) The Snowy Florimell.
10. Who does Cymoent ask for help in avenging her son's death?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
(c) Tryphon, ruler of the ocean.
11. What does the Dwarf find in the basement of The House of Pride?
(a) Mountains of gold and precious stones.
(b) The bodies of those who would not leave because they had been overcome with pride.
(c) An armory full of weapons of war and destruction.
(d) Una trapped in a dungeon.
12. Who does Britomart defeat without recognizing?
(b) The Red Cross Knight.
13. What is The Squire's unique quest that he has been sent on by his beloved Columbell?
(a) He needs to acquire the mane hair of 300 horses.
(b) He has to defeat 300 knights in battle.
(c) He is to find 300 women who will refuse him and his love advances.
(d) He has to defeat 300 monsters.
14. What protects Guyon and the Palmer from the horde of beasts that guard Acrasia's abode?
(a) The Palmer's staff.
(b) Fervent prayers.
(c) Guyon's sword.
15. Who ended the battle between Triamond and Campbell with her pleading?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Una leading along with her on this journey?
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
3. What causes Una to run away alone once again?
4. How does Arthur bribe his way into the castle?
5. Why did Britomart become a knight?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)