Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Canto 6 | Book 5, Canto 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Aemylia doing when she was captured by The Hairy Carl?
(a) Following a ray of light that led her to the woods and then disappeared.
(b) Running from a group of lusty men.
(c) Meeting her lover in the woods for a tryst.
(d) Looking for berries.
2. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) A book of spells and potions.
(b) His future.
(c) Some tales of great explorers.
(d) The history of Britain.
3. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
(b) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(c) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(d) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
4. What does the fisherman do when he wakes up to see Florimell in his boat?
(a) He doesn't even notice her because he is blind.
(b) He tries to rape her on a pile of fish.
(c) He gets angry at her for taking his boat out to sea.
(d) He takes pity on her for her plight and promises to help her.
5. Why is Sir Scudamore so happy when Artegall cracks Britomart's helmet in battle?
(a) He sees her beauty and falls in love with her.
(b) He sees for the first time that she is a woman.
(c) It proves that she is not unbeatable.
(d) He hates Britomart and wants her to lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the interpretation to Britomart's crazy dream about being impregnated by a crocodile and giving birth to a lion?
2. How did Braggadochio come across his horse?
3. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
4. Why is Sir Scudamore so unhappy when Britomart finds him?
5. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)