|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 7 | Book 3, Canto 8 | Book 3, Canto 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Acrasia captured?
(a) Arthur casts a spell over everyone in her household.
(b) Fearing for his own life, her lover helps Guyon and the Palmer to tie her up while she is sleeping.
(c) Guyon and the Palmer set her horde of beasts on her.
(d) Guyon and the Palmer throw a net over her while she is in bed with her lover.
2. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
(b) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(c) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(d) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
3. What stops Guyon from killing The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He hears a voice tell him to not harm The Red Cross Knight.
(b) The Red Cross Knight is a better fighter and defends himself well.
(c) He cannot bring himself to strike to Red Cross.
(d) He decides to let the Red Cross Knight live as his slave instead.
4. Why does Pyrochles fight Guymon?
(a) Guyon defends Phedon, and this angers Pyrochles.
(b) He is upset that Guyon tied up Occasion and kept him from having a good fight.
(c) He is angry that Guyon allowed Furor and Occasion to live.
(d) Pyrochles is really Archimago in disguise.
5. Arthur finds a book in the castle that is of great interest to him. What is it about?
(a) Some tales of great explorers.
(b) His future.
(c) A book of spells and potions.
(d) The history of Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malbecco refuse to let the knights into his castle and make them sleep in the pig shed on the first night?
2. How is The Red Cross Knight finally shown Duessa's true nature?
3. Guymon also found a book that was of great interest to him. What was his about?
4. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
5. How does The Red Cross Knight rise to battle with the dragon a second day after being tossed aside wounded and almost lifeless after the first long day of battle?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)