|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Canto 1 | Book 3, Canto 2 | Book 3, Canto 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) The Palmer.
(b) The Angel.
(d) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
2. How does the Red Cross Knight finally defeat the dreaded dragon?
(a) He gouges out his eyes and is then able to stab the heart while it is blinded.
(b) He creeps up on it during the night while he is sleeping.
(c) He puts a curse on the dragon that Arthur taught him.
(d) He stabs it through the throat after being swallowed.
3. What gets in the way of the engagement between The Red Cross Knight and Una?
(a) It is revealed that he has already pledged his hand to Druessa while she was pretending to be Fidessa.
(b) The Red Cross Knight decided to live a life of celibacy and join the House of Holiness that helped him overcome his weaknesses.
(c) Una refuses his hand and declares her love for Arthur.
(d) Una's parents object to the match because of his lowly birth.
4. Why does Guyon fight The Red Cross Knight?
(a) He is in love with Una and is fighting for her hand.
(b) He is a companion of Sansfoy and is avenging his death.
(c) He thinks The Red Cross Knight is Archimago in disguise.
(d) Archimago and Druessa trick him into thinking that The Red Cross Knight has raped a young maiden.
5. What is Guyon's mission?
(a) To gather an army to help fight in the ranks of the Faerie Queene's army.
(b) To avenge the death of his parents.
(c) To find the House of Holiness and cure his weaknesses.
(d) He is to defeat the evil witch Acrasia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the destiny for one of Britomart's future daughters, as revealed to her by Merlin?
2. When Una recognizes The Red Cross Knight's weaknesses, what does she do to help him strengthen them?
3. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
4. Why won't the blood on the baby's hands wash off?
5. What is The Red Cross Knight shown when his destiny is revealed to him?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)