|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Canto 12 | Book 5, Canto 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only woman who can wear the girdle of Florimell?
(b) The Snowy Florimell.
2. Who kills Pyrochles and Cymochles while Guyon is sleeping?
(a) The Angel.
(b) The Palmer.
(c) They kill each other by fighting over who gets to kill Guyon.
3. Why does Alma, the virgin ruler of the castle, welcome Arthur and Guyon so warmly?
(a) She knows that they took part in defeating Pyrochles and Cymochles.
(b) She is a servant of Acrasia and wants to poison them at banquet.
(c) She is Archimago in disguise.
(d) They disbanded the group of ruffians who were attacking the castle.
4. Why does Martinell refuse passage to Britomart on the beach?
(a) He wants her to make love to him before letting her by.
(b) He has been commanded to stop all passersby at all costs.
(c) He is Archimago in disguise.
(d) His mother told him that one day he would be killed by a strange virgin woman.
5. Why does Timias not declare his love for Belphoebe after she heals him of his wounds?
(a) He thinks she is too low for his high standards.
(b) He fears the wrath of her father.
(c) He feels too low for her great standards.
(d) He is sure she is in love with another.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aretegall punish Sanglier for his actions?
2. Why does Mammon return Guyon to the surface?
3. What does Blandamour suggest the prize for the loser should be in his proposed duel with Braggadochio?
4. Why was Florimell seen fleeing through the woods?
5. Why does Guyon collapse after being returned to the surface?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)