1. What did the green triangle on the uniform of the block clerk, Vacek, signify?
He was a former professional criminal.
2. What genre does the story fall into?
3. From what point of view is the story told?
4. What was one of Vacek's commands to the lined-up prisoners in the yard of Block 11?
5. How many times had the prisoners already repeated Vacek's same command at the beginning of Chapter 1?
6. What was the job of the block clerk?
To record data and movements of prisoners.
This section contains 5,461 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)