|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Tragedy of the Family Camp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of Vacek's commands to the lined-up prisoners in the yard of Block 11?
(a) "Caps off!"
(b) "Forward march!"
(c) "Silence now!"
2. When half of the crowd at the end of Chapter 3 were behind the door of the crematorium, what was the other half, still dressed, doing?
(a) Protesting to the SS.
(b) Praying aloud the same prayers.
(c) Whispering to each other about an escape plan.
3. What drew Filip near the people of the Family Camp as they were in the changing room?
(a) To warn them one more time.
(b) His anger at them.
(c) A common language, religion and culture.
(d) It was his job to be there.
4. What was a Kapo?
(a) A German citizen.
(b) The officer in command.
(c) The German officer who kept the peace among prisoners.
(d) A prisoner in charge of a working party.
5. Why did the Sonderkommandos have their own hospital?
(a) To show the men some kindness.
(b) They were the elite prisoners.
(c) They tended to get sicker than the rest.
(d) To treat the men in isolation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Filip live in Block 11 in Auschwitz before being sent to Birkenau?
2. How long did it take a prisoner's body to burn in the oven?
3. When one of the Sonderkommandos told a woman he recognized that she was about to be gassed to death, what did she do?
4. What were the people in the crematorium killed with?
5. What happened to Filip and the others as they were driven past the town of Auschwitz with the corpses?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)