|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Inferno.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the job of a block orderly?
(a) Keeping the block clean and tidy.
(b) Keeping prisoners from fighting.
(c) Relaying news to prisoners.
(d) Running messages back and forth.
2. What was one of Vacek's commands to the lined-up prisoners in the yard of Block 11?
(a) "Forward march!"
(b) "Silence now!"
(c) "Caps off!"
3. What did the contents of the note that Voss received in Chapter 4 tell him to do?
(a) Deconstruct the Family Camp the following week.
(b) Release the inmates of the Family Camp.
(c) Gas the inmates of the Family Camp.
(d) Make room for the arrival of another Family.
4. What did a few prisoners do in the event that an uprising was a failure?
(a) Planned the murder of at least one SS man.
(b) Buried a handwritten account of the camp.
(c) Plotted an elaborate escape route.
(d) Prepared suicide notes.
5. What did many of the children from the Gypsy camp die from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the ashes of the burnt corpses thrown?
2. What did prisoners Mordowicz and Rosin do?
3. What was an Unterscharfuhrer?
4. What sort of work were the members of Filip's group sent to do in Chapter 5?
5. What size was the cell that Filip and the others were brought to at the end of their eventful day in Chapter 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)