Chapter 1, No Return
1. What did the green triangle on the uniform of the block clerk, Vacek, signify?
(a) He was a German soldier.
(b) He was a former professional criminal.
(c) He was a former Christian who converted to Judaism.
(d) He was Jewish.
2. What genre does the story fall into?
3. From what point of view is the story told?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second Person.
4. What was one of Vacek's commands to the lined-up prisoners in the yard of Block 11?
(a) "Forward march!"
(b) "Caps off!"
(d) "Silence now!"
5. How many times had the prisoners already repeated Vacek's same command at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 30 times.
(b) 100 times.
(d) 120 times.
6. What was the job of the block clerk?
(a) To count all of the gold teeth coming into the camp.
(b) To block prisoner's movements around the camp.
(c) To keep track of the spending of money.
(d) To record data and movements of prisoners.
This section contains 5,461 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)