|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter looking for in his father's rooms?
(a) Dragon Sand.
2. Flagg has a nightmare about which of the following?
(a) An injured eye.
(b) An injured ear.
(c) An injured hand.
(d) An injured ankle.
3. What factor most encourages Peter?
(a) The knowledge that he is not guilty.
(b) The belief that people like him.
(c) The hope that his escape will succeed.
(d) The knowledge that he has support.
4. How long does Peter spend in prison?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Which of the following characters is standing unnoticed in the room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Dennis now hold?
2. Which of the following assumes his rightful role as king?
3. Who is he firing at?
4. Which one of the following themes is revealed in this episode?
5. On the night of the escape, a tower falls. Where is the tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Flagg's reaction when Peter accuses him of murder?
2. What does Peter find as he is trying to hide his rope, and why is it significant?
3. What does Flagg learn about Peter, and how does he learn it?
4. Dennis sends Peter a note and asks for a response. Since Peter has no paper and nothing to write with, how does he respond to Dennis' request?
5. What is ironic about the encounter between Flagg and Thomas?
6. Peter had been very careful about his use of the napkins. Why is this not necessary?
7. Why does Thomas find it necessary to drink himself to sleep, and why is this potentially dangerous?
8. How is suspense built into the story as Peter's friends reach the castle and Peter begins his escape?
9. What does Peter reveal in his note to Dennis?
10. What happens to thwart Flagg's plan to get away with murder?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)