|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dennis tell the Judge-General that he walks so far?
(a) So his destination would not be known.
(b) Because he had no other transportation.
(c) So he could have time to think about what he would say.
(d) So he could formulate a plan to help the prisoner escape.
2. Why is this person killed?
(a) For being in the way.
(b) For helping the prisoner.
(c) For being too slow.
(d) For not telling the truth.
3. What is Flagg's intention when he breaks into the king's rooms?
(a) To plant evidence.
(b) To steal Dragon Sand.
(c) To remove evidence.
(d) To kill Peter.
4. What is Peter holding when he turns to face his brother?
(a) Roland's arrow.
(b) The king's hammer.
(c) Valera's locket.
(d) Niner's eye.
5. Which of the following characters get married?
(a) Peter and Naomi.
(b) Ben and Naomi.
(c) Dennis and Naomi.
(d) Thomas and Naomi.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the reader learns that Thomas has a need to drink himself to sleep, what might the reader might also infer?
2. What evidence does Peter have to confront Flagg with?
3. Where are the prisoner and his friends headed when they get past the guards?
4. What feeling is the reader left with at the end of this story?
5. Which of the following themes is revealed in Thomas' actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed by Dennis and Peyna's plan to help Peter?
2. Why is it important to the story that there is no snow on the courtyard below where Peter is imprisoned?
3. What does the reader know that Dennis does not know to be the reason there are no rats in the sewer pipe?
4. How do Ben and Naomi begin to figure out how Dennis got into the castle?
5. What leads Dennis to find the note Peter threw?
6. What is suggested by the fact that Peter is allowed back into the castle when he and his friends are stopped by the guard?
7. What happens to thwart Flagg's plan to get away with murder?
8. What happens during the encounter between Peter, Thomas, and Flagg in the king's sitting room?
9. What is ironic about the encounter between Flagg and Thomas?
10. Thomas has been sleepwalking. Where does he wake up and what is his reaction?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)