|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomas realizes where he is, what does he think he should do?
(a) Go back to sleep.
(b) Go to his father's sitting room.
(c) Hide and try to see what happens.
(d) Return to his own room.
2. Why does Dennis tell the Judge-General that he walks so far?
(a) So his destination would not be known.
(b) Because he had no other transportation.
(c) So he could have time to think about what he would say.
(d) So he could formulate a plan to help the prisoner escape.
3. Which of the following characters requests and is given food?
4. Which of the following reveals that someone has been seen in the secret room?
5. Which of the following characters is coming back into the story to help the prisoner with his escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which recurring theme ends in this story when Peter and Thomas reunite?
2. What is the significance of the bare cobblestones in the plaza?
3. Which of the following characters is standing unnoticed in the room?
4. Peter reveals that he has a plan of escape. What is he afraid of?
5. What feeling is the reader left with at the end of this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the five friends at the end of the story? Is this a surprise ending?
2. Peter had been very careful about his use of the napkins. Why is this not necessary?
3. Thomas has been sleepwalking. Where does he wake up and what is his reaction?
4. How is suspense built into the story as Peter's friends reach the castle and Peter begins his escape?
5. How does The Eyes of the Dragon end, and why is this significant?
6. How do Ben and Naomi begin to figure out how Dennis got into the castle?
7. What circumstances cause Peter to reconsider and move up the time for his escape?
8. What does Peter find as he is trying to hide his rope, and why is it significant?
9. Why does Thomas find it necessary to drink himself to sleep, and why is this potentially dangerous?
10. How is the suspense maintained in this episode involving Peter's escape?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)