|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which king's daughter becomes queen?
2. What is the prisoner hoping to find when he reaches his destination?
(b) His father's arrow.
(c) His father's bow.
(d) A cache of hidden weapons.
3. The contents of the note reveal information about which of the following characters?
(c) Anders Peyna.
4. Peter finds some loose stones in the floor and decides that the space beneath will be a good hiding place. What does he find in this hiding space?
(a) A bracelet and a note.
(b) The confession of an earlier prisoner.
(c) A locket and a note.
(d) Directions for planning an escape.
5. Peter reveals that he has a plan of escape. What is he afraid of?
(a) Getting caught before he can initiate the plan.
(b) Falling to his death.
(c) Failing to have made adequate plans.
(d) Not having the courage to follow through with the plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the prisoner's friends brought with them to help him escape?
2. How does Peter communicate with his accomplice?
3. The author's use of foreshadowing leads the reader to believe what about the Judge-General?
4. Who does Peter find in his father's rooms?
5. What is the significance of the bare cobblestones in the plaza?
Short Essay Questions
1. Peter had been very careful about his use of the napkins. Why is this not necessary?
2. What happens during the encounter between Peter, Thomas, and Flagg in the king's sitting room?
3. Thomas has been sleepwalking. Where does he wake up and what is his reaction?
4. What is suggested by the fact that Peter is allowed back into the castle when he and his friends are stopped by the guard?
5. Which of the many themes in this story is revealed by Thomas' actions?
6. What happens to the five friends at the end of the story? Is this a surprise ending?
7. What secret does Dennis reveal to Ben and Naomi?
8. What does Peter find as he is trying to hide his rope, and why is it significant?
9. What circumstances cause Peter to reconsider and move up the time for his escape?
10. What is revealed by Dennis and Peyna's plan to help Peter?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)