|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Judge-General sends Dennis back to the castle, what warning does he give?
(a) He warns him to avoid being followed.
(b) He warns him to announce his arrival clearly.
(c) He warns him to get back before dark.
(d) He warns him not to be seen going in.
2. How many characters are searching for a way into the castle to help the prisoner?
3. What is the first obstacle Peter and his friends encounter as they run?
(a) A group of drunken guards.
(b) Flooded roadways.
(c) A guard who is not drunk.
(d) A locked gate.
4. How does Peter react when Thomas apologizes?
(a) He is angry and unforgiving.
(b) He is loving and affectionate.
(c) He is grudgingly forgiving.
(d) He is hurt and distrustful.
5. How do Peter and his friends get through the West Gate?
(a) The friends distract the guards and slip through one at a time.
(b) The prisoner uses magic to blind the guards.
(c) The prisoner convinces the guard he is the rightful king.
(d) They reveal their weapons and the guards let them pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has become of the Judge-General?
2. What position does Dennis now hold?
3. Which of the following characters is most likely to be the greatest help in getting to the prisoner?
4. When will it be safe for Flagg to return to Delain?
5. What is on Peter's mind as he escapes from his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ben and Naomi begin to figure out how Dennis got into the castle?
2. What does Flagg learn about Peter, and how does he learn it?
3. Which of the many themes in this story is revealed by Thomas' actions?
4. What is ironic about the encounter between Flagg and Thomas?
5. Which room are all of the characters in this part of the story heading for, and where is Thomas?
6. What does Peter find as he is trying to hide his rope, and why is it significant?
7. What happens during the encounter between Peter, Thomas, and Flagg in the king's sitting room?
8. How is the suspense maintained in this episode involving Peter's escape?
9. Thomas has been sleepwalking. Where does he wake up and what is his reaction?
10. What is one thing the rescuers and Peter have in common, and what does it foreshadow?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)