|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter communicate with his accomplice?
(a) By wrapping a note around a stone.
(b) By putting a note in a locket.
(c) By wrapping a note around his knife.
(d) By putting a note in his shoe.
2. What is the prisoner hoping to find when he reaches his destination?
(a) His father's arrow.
(b) His father's bow.
(d) A cache of hidden weapons.
3. As Peter is thinking about his escape, he finds something that will help. What is it?
(a) A map of all the secret corridors.
(b) A note from someone who wants to help.
(c) A map of the best hiding places.
(d) A note from the previous prisoner in these rooms.
4. Peter reveals that he has a plan of escape. What is he afraid of?
(a) Failing to have made adequate plans.
(b) Falling to his death.
(c) Not having the courage to follow through with the plan.
(d) Getting caught before he can initiate the plan.
5. Which of the following habits has Thomas acquired?
(c) Talking in his sleep.
(d) Endlessly pacing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is standing unnoticed in the room?
2. Which of these characters is approaching Peter from inside the castle?
3. What is Peter looking for in his father's rooms?
4. Flagg has a nightmare about which of the following?
5. When Thomas realizes where he is, what is his reaction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to thwart Flagg's plan to get away with murder?
2. What does Peter find as he is trying to hide his rope, and why is it significant?
3. Which room are all of the characters in this part of the story heading for, and where is Thomas?
4. What does the reader learn about Peyna from Dennis' visit to Peyna's house?
5. Peter had been very careful about his use of the napkins. Why is this not necessary?
6. Thomas has been sleepwalking. Where does he wake up and what is his reaction?
7. What happens to the five friends at the end of the story? Is this a surprise ending?
8. What leads Dennis to find the note Peter threw?
9. List three things that happen while Peter is imprisoned.
10. What is revealed by Dennis and Peyna's plan to help Peter?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)