|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes Peter's best friend?
2. What is used in an aborted plot to kill the queen?
(a) Fermented brandy.
(b) A poisoned dart.
(c) Food laced with arsenic.
(d) Poison from a deadly spider.
3. How does Flagg deflect suspicion?
(a) By staying constantly at the king's side.
(b) By volunteering to be searched.
(c) By organizing a search for the guilty party.
(d) By weeping uncontrollably.
4. When Peter's second request is delivered, who does he identify as one of the deliverers?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother.
(d) His attorney.
5. Which of the following is the Warder guarding the prisoners?
(d) Anders Peyna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Roland's sons?
2. Why does the king's wife not use the wedding gift?
3. What one action causes many rumors to begin circulating through the kingdom?
4. How does the author describe the first king in The Eyes of the Dragon?
5. What causes people to talk about Flagg?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people of Delain react when Peter is arrested?
2. Why is Ben attacked on his way home from the market and what does he do about it?
3. What are Flagg's motives in befriending Thomas?
4. Why does Flagg want to kill Sasha?
5. What is ironic about Peter turning to Anders Peyna for help.
6. What is most important to Sasha about Peter's upbringing?
7. Why has Peter requested the napkins with each meal and that the dollhouse be returned to him?
8. How does Flagg keep people from suspecting that he had anything to do with Roland's death?
9. What are some of the different roles Flagg has played?
10. What causes Thomas to change his mind about wanting to be king?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)