|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following enjoys spying on the king?
2. Which of the following are butlers in the castle?
(a) Peter and Thomas.
(b) Brandon and Dennis.
(c) Delain and Needles.
(d) Flagg and Roland.
3. How does Peter prove that he is the rightful king?
(a) He makes demands that only a king could make.
(b) He dons the crown and stands on his balcony for all to see.
(c) He fights for his rights when he is attacked.
(d) He waits until the guard's back is turned and then walks out the door.
4. After reading Peter's request, the Judge-General agrees. Which of the following best describes his reaction?
(a) He is confused, but considers the request harmless.
(b) He is certain there is nothing unsusal about the request.
(c) He is confused and wants to deliver the items himself.
(d) He desides the request is just an additional sign of guilt.
5. Who is the first to help the king when he becomes ill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the attempt on the queen's life aborted?
2. Why is Ben sent to the castle?
3. What reaction does Peter have when the first of the items he requested is delivered?
4. Which of the following is a prominent theme in this story?
5. What is the name of the kingdom in this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Flagg afraid of Peter?
2. Why is it important to know that Peter likes to play with his mother's dollhouse?
3. Describe Thomas as a young boy and tell what makes him feel as he does.
4. What is most important to Sasha about Peter's upbringing?
5. What does Thomas do to attempt to win his father's favor?
6. What can you infer from the fact that Peter does not recognize the box used as evidence until he remembers that he lost one like it as a child?
7. Why does it seem atypical that as a prisoner Peter would refuse to eat and just spend his time looking out the window?
8. Who is ultimately responsible for Sasha's death, and how does it come about?
9. When Roland became ill, the first person to tend him was Peter. Why would this make Flagg happy?
10. How does Flagg frame Peter for the murder of Roland?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)