|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the kingdom in this story?
2. What two things does Peter insist in his letter to the Judge-General?
(a) He wants another trial and to see his friends.
(b) He has given up and wants to die soon.
(c) He intends to live and he did not kill the king.
(d) He will do what is necessary to get out and be a good servant to his accuser.
3. Which of the following best describes Thomas?
(a) Short and stocky.
(b) Tall and handsome.
(c) Short and bowlegged.
(d) Tall and bowlegged.
4. How does Thomas react after the coronation?
(a) He fights being king, but accepts it anyway.
(b) He is at first uncomfortable, but begins to enjoy it.
(c) He agrees to be king, but in name only.
(d) He knows from the beginning that he is meant to be king.
5. What is Flagg's ultimate goal?
(a) To become king.
(b) To destroy Delain.
(c) To cause discontent wherever he goes.
(d) To become immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to get them to behave, mothers tell their children stories about what character?
2. What is foreshadowed by the aborted murder attempt?
3. What is Ben's reaction when the Judge-General offers him money?
4. When the court magician is asked to identify the murder weapon, he takes great pains to show its strength. What does he do to prove how deadly it is?
5. Who is the one person who sees Flagg take the king a glass of wine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to know that Peter likes to play with his mother's dollhouse?
2. How do the people of Delain react when Peter is arrested?
3. Under what conditions does Peter agree to set aside his crown and face the trial?
4. What does Ben's refusal to take money from Anders Peyna say about his character?
5. What are Flagg's motives in befriending Thomas?
6. Why does Flagg want to kill Sasha?
7. Describe Thomas as a young boy and tell what makes him feel as he does.
8. How does Flagg frame Peter for the murder of Roland?
9. What are Flagg's plans for Delain?
10. How does Peter attempt to include his brother in interactions with their father?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)