|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas becomes gravely ill and awakens to learn what about himself?
(a) He is a murderer.
(b) He has become king.
(c) He has slept for an entire year.
(d) He has been banished from the kingdom.
2. What one action causes many rumors to begin circulating through the kingdom?
(a) The royal guard puts on battle dress.
(b) Smoke begins rising from the towers.
(c) No one is allowed to view the king.
(d) Plans for the coronation are rushed to conclusion.
3. How would you describe Roland's wife?
(a) Very unpopular with the people of the kingdom.
(b) A young woman who has no interest in being queen.
(c) An old and stubborn woman.
(d) A young woman who will make a good queen.
4. Which of the following is an ironic twist in this story?
(a) The witnesses are all found guilty.
(b) The actual murderer is called as a witness.
(c) The judge does not want to try the case because it involves the king.
(d) All witnesses have suitable alibies.
5. After reading Peter's request, the Judge-General agrees. Which of the following best describes his reaction?
(a) He is confused and wants to deliver the items himself.
(b) He is confused, but considers the request harmless.
(c) He is certain there is nothing unsusal about the request.
(d) He desides the request is just an additional sign of guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter's mother encourage him to use at meals?
2. Which character is most pleased about the king's illness and death?
3. The king's adviser suggests that he take the queen's wedding gift away from the one who has found it and is using it. Why does the king not follow this advice?
4. Peter sends a note to the Judge-General requesting two things. What are they?
5. How does the author describe the first king in The Eyes of the Dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Peter requested the napkins with each meal and that the dollhouse be returned to him?
2. When Roland became ill, the first person to tend him was Peter. Why would this make Flagg happy?
3. How does Peter attempt to include his brother in interactions with their father?
4. Why does Peyna finally agree to see Beson and to read Peter's note?
5. What causes Thomas to change his mind about wanting to be king?
6. Briefly tell what The Eyes of the Dragon is about.
7. What can you infer from the fact that Peter does not recognize the box used as evidence until he remembers that he lost one like it as a child?
8. Why is it important to know that Peter likes to play with his mother's dollhouse?
9. Why is Flagg afraid of Peter?
10. How does Flagg frame Peter for the murder of Roland?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)