|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an ironic twist in this story?
(a) The actual murderer is called as a witness.
(b) The witnesses are all found guilty.
(c) All witnesses have suitable alibies.
(d) The judge does not want to try the case because it involves the king.
2. What one action causes many rumors to begin circulating through the kingdom?
(a) The royal guard puts on battle dress.
(b) Smoke begins rising from the towers.
(c) Plans for the coronation are rushed to conclusion.
(d) No one is allowed to view the king.
3. What does the king give his wife on their wedding day?
(a) A horse.
(b) A replica of his castle.
(c) A dollhouse.
(d) His grandmother's ring.
4. How does Flagg deflect suspicion?
(a) By staying constantly at the king's side.
(b) By organizing a search for the guilty party.
(c) By weeping uncontrollably.
(d) By volunteering to be searched.
5. Why is the Judge-General not allowed to preside over the trial?
(a) He is not a citizen of the kingdom.
(b) He will be acting monarch for the duration of the trial.
(c) Everyone knows he has already found Peter guilty.
(d) He is related to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Dragon Sand so dangerous?
2. Who becomes Peter's best friend?
3. When the court magician is asked to identify the murder weapon, he takes great pains to show its strength. What does he do to prove how deadly it is?
4. What reaction does Peter have when the first of the items he requested is delivered?
5. In order to get them to behave, mothers tell their children stories about what character?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flagg frame Peter for the murder of Roland?
2. Why does it seem atypical that as a prisoner Peter would refuse to eat and just spend his time looking out the window?
3. What are some of the different roles Flagg has played?
4. Why is it important to know that Peter likes to play with his mother's dollhouse?
5. What requests does Peter make of Peyna?
6. What are Flagg's motives in befriending Thomas?
7. Why does Flagg want to kill Sasha?
8. What character traits are revealed in Peter through the incident with the horse?
9. How do the people of Delain react when Peter is arrested?
10. How does Flagg protect himself from the poison he plans to use on the king?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)