|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used in an aborted plot to kill the queen?
(a) A poisoned dart.
(b) Poison from a deadly spider.
(c) Fermented brandy.
(d) Food laced with arsenic.
2. Which of the following hampers the trial proceedings?
(a) Peter has already become king.
(b) The court magician has lost the evidence.
(c) The people do not think Peter is guilty.
(d) A fair judge cannot be found.
3. Peter turns to the very person who put him in prison to ask for help. What literary device is this?
(b) Twist of fate.
4. How does Flagg attempt to frame Peter?
(a) By hiding the murder weapon where it will be found.
(b) By leaving clues throughout the castle.
(c) By going to the police.
(d) By spreading rumors.
5. When Peter's second request is delivered, who does he identify as one of the deliverers?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would you describe Roland's wife?
2. Who is the one character that people in the kingdom sympathize with and do not immediately consider guilty?
3. Of what significance is the note that the Judge-General receives from Peter?
4. What does the incident with the horse tell you about Peter?
5. Peter knows who murdered the king and that there is only one way to prove this. What is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Thomas to change his mind about wanting to be king?
2. How do the people of Delain react when Peter is arrested?
3. Why is it important to know that Peter likes to play with his mother's dollhouse?
4. What does Ben's refusal to take money from Anders Peyna say about his character?
5. What are some of the different roles Flagg has played?
6. What is ironic about Peter turning to Anders Peyna for help.
7. Why is Flagg afraid of Peter?
8. Describe Thomas as a young boy and tell what makes him feel as he does.
9. Why does it seem atypical that as a prisoner Peter would refuse to eat and just spend his time looking out the window?
10. What does Thomas do to attempt to win his father's favor?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)