|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the king choose the gift that he gives his bride?
(a) It will make her a better queen.
(b) It will prove how much he loves her.
(c) It will make her love him more.
(d) It will help her feel better about leaving home.
2. Who is the first to help the king when he becomes ill?
3. What does Peter's mother encourage him to use at meals?
(a) A clean plate.
(b) A napkin.
(c) A knife and fork.
(d) A finger bowl.
4. What does the king give his wife on their wedding day?
(a) A dollhouse.
(b) His grandmother's ring.
(c) A horse.
(d) A replica of his castle.
5. What causes people to talk about Flagg?
(a) His lack of aging.
(b) His extremely wrinkled appearance.
(c) His extraordinary good looks.
(d) His closeness to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the kingdom in this story?
2. Peter knows who murdered the king and that there is only one way to prove this. What is it?
3. When Peter's second request is delivered, who does he identify as one of the deliverers?
4. What animal is used to help frame Peter for murder?
5. The king's adviser suggests that he take the queen's wedding gift away from the one who has found it and is using it. Why does the king not follow this advice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it seem atypical that as a prisoner Peter would refuse to eat and just spend his time looking out the window?
2. Why is Ben attacked on his way home from the market and what does he do about it?
3. How does The Eyes of the Dragon end, and why is this significant?
4. Which of the many themes in this story is revealed by Thomas' actions?
5. What are Flagg's motives in befriending Thomas?
6. What happens to the Lesser Warder?
7. What does Peter find as he is trying to hide his rope, and why is it significant?
8. Why has Peter requested the napkins with each meal and that the dollhouse be returned to him?
9. List three things that happen while Peter is imprisoned.
10. How is the suspense maintained in this episode involving Peter's escape?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)