|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what significance is the note that the Judge-General receives from Peter?
(a) It foreshadows the end of the story.
(b) It is a letter of guilt, asking forgiveness.
(c) It foreshadows later events in the story.
(d) It signifies the end of their relationship.
2. How does the author add to the suspense about Peter's plans?
(a) He reveals everything the prisoner is thinking.
(b) He has the character make up several sets of plans.
(c) He tells the reader only a little of what the prisoner is up to.
(d) He does not tell the reader what things the prisoner demands.
3. The king's adviser suggests that he take the queen's wedding gift away from the one who has found it and is using it. Why does the king not follow this advice?
(a) If he stopped anyone from using it, he would not be able to use it himself.
(b) He realizes it is harmless to allow the gift to be used.
(c) He no longer trusts what anyone says to him.
(d) He realizes the gift is broken and useless.
4. After the coronation, which of these characters is concerned about the future?
5. After the coronation, which of these characters is excited about the future?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ben sent to the castle?
2. How would you describe Roland's wife?
3. Who wants to kill the queen?
4. Which of the following is the Warder guarding the prisoners?
5. Why does the murderer want to kill the queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the different roles Flagg has played?
2. Why is it important to know that Peter likes to play with his mother's dollhouse?
3. Why does it seem atypical that as a prisoner Peter would refuse to eat and just spend his time looking out the window?
4. What is ironic about Peter turning to Anders Peyna for help.
5. How does Peter attempt to include his brother in interactions with their father?
6. Why is Ben attacked on his way home from the market and what does he do about it?
7. What causes Thomas to change his mind about wanting to be king?
8. What are Flagg's plans for Delain?
9. Under what conditions does Peter agree to set aside his crown and face the trial?
10. How does Flagg keep people from suspecting that he had anything to do with Roland's death?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)