|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king's adviser suggests that he take the queen's wedding gift away from the one who has found it and is using it. Why does the king not follow this advice?
(a) He realizes the gift is broken and useless.
(b) He realizes it is harmless to allow the gift to be used.
(c) He no longer trusts what anyone says to him.
(d) If he stopped anyone from using it, he would not be able to use it himself.
2. Who discovers the gift and begins to use and enjoy it?
3. How does Flagg attempt to frame Peter?
(a) By leaving clues throughout the castle.
(b) By hiding the murder weapon where it will be found.
(c) By spreading rumors.
(d) By going to the police.
4. What is the dying king's last word?
5. How does the author describe the first king in The Eyes of the Dragon?
(a) A young and vibrant man who will be an excellent leader.
(b) An old man with three sons.
(c) A very old man who is not expected to live long.
(d) A middle aged man with a large family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Thomas able to watch another without being noticed?
2. Who wants to kill the queen?
3. What is Ben's reaction when the Judge-General offers him money?
4. How does the author add to the suspense about Peter's plans?
5. When Peter's second request is delivered, who does he identify as one of the deliverers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is most important to Sasha about Peter's upbringing?
2. How does Peter attempt to include his brother in interactions with their father?
3. Who is more popular with the people, Roland or Sasha? Why?
4. What are Flagg's motives in befriending Thomas?
5. When Roland became ill, the first person to tend him was Peter. Why would this make Flagg happy?
6. Describe Thomas as a young boy and tell what makes him feel as he does.
7. What does Ben's refusal to take money from Anders Peyna say about his character?
8. How does Flagg keep people from suspecting that he had anything to do with Roland's death?
9. Why does Flagg want to kill Sasha?
10. Why does it seem atypical that as a prisoner Peter would refuse to eat and just spend his time looking out the window?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)