|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the king becomes ill, which of the following is a symptom?
(a) Smoking at the mouth.
(b) Foaming at the mouth.
(c) Smoking from the ears.
(d) Smoking from the eyes.
2. What does Thomas do to win his father's approval?
(a) He spends as much time with his father as he can.
(b) He gives him a boat he carved by himself.
(c) He makes good grades in school.
(d) He excels at archery.
3. Who is the one person who sees Flagg take the king a glass of wine?
4. Who is the first to help the king when he becomes ill?
5. How does Thomas react when he feels neglected by his father?
(a) He decides to run away from home.
(b) He stones a dog to death.
(c) He plans to kill his brother.
(d) He tries harder to win his father's approval.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flagg deflect suspicion?
2. Why does the king's wife not use the wedding gift?
3. What does Peter's mother encourage him to use at meals?
4. What is used in an aborted plot to kill the queen?
5. What is used as evidence in finding Peter guilty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas do to attempt to win his father's favor?
2. What requests does Peter make of Peyna?
3. What is ironic about Peter turning to Anders Peyna for help.
4. What are some of the different roles Flagg has played?
5. How does Peter attempt to include his brother in interactions with their father?
6. Under what conditions does Peter agree to set aside his crown and face the trial?
7. Describe Thomas as a young boy and tell what makes him feel as he does.
8. How does Flagg frame Peter for the murder of Roland?
9. Who is ultimately responsible for Sasha's death, and how does it come about?
10. How does Flagg protect himself from the poison he plans to use on the king?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)