|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter turns to the very person who put him in prison to ask for help. What literary device is this?
(b) Twist of fate.
2. What causes the king's death?
(a) He is stabbed as he walks in the garden.
(b) He chokes on a morsel of food.
(c) A fall from his horse.
(d) A poisoned glass of wine.
3. One of the deliverers leaves Peter a note with the second object they delivered. What is in the note?
(a) An expression of loyalty from both deliverers.
(b) An admission of guilt from the real murderer.
(c) A warning that the prisoner's life is in danger.
(d) An expression of belief in the prisoner's innocence.
4. What does the incident with the horse tell you about Peter?
(a) That he is careless and cruel.
(b) That he is kind and arrogant.
(c) That he is selfish and unreliable.
(d) That he is reliable and responsible.
5. In order to get them to behave, mothers tell their children stories about what character?
(a) Bill Hinch.
(b) Bill Finch.
(c) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter sends a note to the Judge-General requesting two things. What are they?
2. The king's adviser suggests that he take the queen's wedding gift away from the one who has found it and is using it. Why does the king not follow this advice?
3. Who is the antagonist in The Eyes of the Dragon?
4. Of what significance is the note that the Judge-General receives from Peter?
5. Who assists the murderer in killing the queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Thomas to change his mind about wanting to be king?
2. Thomas has been sleepwalking. Where does he wake up and what is his reaction?
3. What is ironic about the encounter between Flagg and Thomas?
4. How do the people of Delain react when Peter is arrested?
5. What does the reader learn about Peyna from Dennis' visit to Peyna's house?
6. What does Flagg learn about Peter, and how does he learn it?
7. What requests does Peter make of Peyna?
8. How do Ben and Naomi begin to figure out how Dennis got into the castle?
9. What happens to the five friends at the end of the story? Is this a surprise ending?
10. What does Ben's refusal to take money from Anders Peyna say about his character?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)