|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the coronation, which of these characters is concerned about the future?
2. Why does the king's wife not use the wedding gift?
(a) She is too old for it.
(b) It does not fit.
(c) She is afraid of it.
(d) She does not like it.
3. Which of the following hampers the trial proceedings?
(a) The people do not think Peter is guilty.
(b) A fair judge cannot be found.
(c) The court magician has lost the evidence.
(d) Peter has already become king.
4. What action causes the Judge-General to assume Peter is guilty?
(a) He has no alibi.
(b) He will not answer.
(c) He bursts into tears.
(d) He confesses.
5. Why is it important for Peter to follow his mother's instructions?
(a) It will please his father.
(b) It will give him greater strength.
(c) It will help him seem less barbaric.
(d) It will prove he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used as evidence in finding Peter guilty?
2. Which of the following is a prominent theme in this story?
3. What reaction does Peter have when the first of the items he requested is delivered?
4. How does the author describe the first king in The Eyes of the Dragon?
5. Which of the following are butlers in the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it seem atypical that as a prisoner Peter would refuse to eat and just spend his time looking out the window?
2. Why does Peyna finally agree to see Beson and to read Peter's note?
3. Why is Flagg afraid of Peter?
4. What can you infer from the fact that Peter does not recognize the box used as evidence until he remembers that he lost one like it as a child?
5. Why does Flagg want to kill Sasha?
6. Why is Roland not concerned that his son wants to play with a dollhouse?
7. How do the people of Delain react when Peter is arrested?
8. What are Flagg's plans for Delain?
9. What is ironic about Peter turning to Anders Peyna for help.
10. What is most important to Sasha about Peter's upbringing?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)