|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which rooms are not searched while trying to uncover the murderer?
(a) The towers.
(b) The princes' rooms.
(c) The servants' rooms.
(d) The dining room.
2. Of what significance is the note that the Judge-General receives from Peter?
(a) It is a letter of guilt, asking forgiveness.
(b) It signifies the end of their relationship.
(c) It foreshadows the end of the story.
(d) It foreshadows later events in the story.
3. Who discovers the gift and begins to use and enjoy it?
4. What does Peter do as a young boy that proves he is kindhearted?
(a) He saves a dog with a broken leg.
(b) He saves a horse with a broken leg.
(c) He saves the groom from a runaway horse.
(d) He saves a bird with a broken wing.
5. Which of the following is a habit the king enjoys every evening?
(a) Taking a walk in the garden.
(b) Reading a story to his sons.
(c) Riding his favorite horse.
(d) Drinking a glass of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Roland's sons?
2. Which of the following is a prominent theme in this story?
3. What happens when Peter tells his father about the incident with the horse?
4. When a group of men recognize Peter's long-time friend, what happens?
5. What literary technique is used to reveal what happens when the evidence is found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it seem atypical that as a prisoner Peter would refuse to eat and just spend his time looking out the window?
2. Why is it important to know that Peter likes to play with his mother's dollhouse?
3. What requests does Peter make of Peyna?
4. Why is Ben attacked on his way home from the market and what does he do about it?
5. How does Flagg frame Peter for the murder of Roland?
6. How does Flagg keep people from suspecting that he had anything to do with Roland's death?
7. Why is Roland not concerned that his son wants to play with a dollhouse?
8. What does Thomas do to attempt to win his father's favor?
9. What causes Thomas to change his mind about wanting to be king?
10. Why does Flagg want to kill Sasha?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)