|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flagg deflect suspicion?
(a) By staying constantly at the king's side.
(b) By weeping uncontrollably.
(c) By volunteering to be searched.
(d) By organizing a search for the guilty party.
2. What happens when Peter tells his father about the incident with the horse?
(a) He is punished.
(b) He is rewarded.
(c) He is made head groomsman.
(d) He is made king.
3. Why does the king's wife not use the wedding gift?
(a) She does not like it.
(b) She is afraid of it.
(c) It does not fit.
(d) She is too old for it.
4. Why is Ben sent to the castle?
(a) To serve time for being a friend to the prisoner.
(b) To help find more evidence that the prisoner is guilty.
(c) To help prove that the prisoner is really innocent.
(d) To carry out the requests made by the prisoner.
5. What reaction does Peter have when the first of the items he requested is delivered?
(a) He flies into a rage.
(b) He cries.
(c) He smiles for the first time in weeks.
(d) He politely says "Thank you."
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Dragon Sand so dangerous?
2. What literary technique is used to reveal what happens when the evidence is found?
3. Which of the following is a prominent theme in this story?
4. Why is the attempt on the queen's life aborted?
5. Who is the first to help the king when he becomes ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is ultimately responsible for Sasha's death, and how does it come about?
2. Why is Flagg afraid of Peter?
3. What does Ben's refusal to take money from Anders Peyna say about his character?
4. How does Flagg frame Peter for the murder of Roland?
5. What are Flagg's motives in befriending Thomas?
6. Why is Roland not concerned that his son wants to play with a dollhouse?
7. Who is more popular with the people, Roland or Sasha? Why?
8. Why is Ben attacked on his way home from the market and what does he do about it?
9. What causes Thomas to change his mind about wanting to be king?
10. How do the people of Delain react when Peter is arrested?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)