|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the antagonist in The Eyes of the Dragon?
2. What is Ben's reaction when the Judge-General offers him money?
(a) He accepts it at first, but later returns it.
(b) He refuses because the offer is so low.
(c) He refuses to take any for himself.
(d) He gratefully accepts it.
3. Which of the following enjoys spying on the king?
4. Why does the king choose the gift that he gives his bride?
(a) It will make her love him more.
(b) It will make her a better queen.
(c) It will prove how much he loves her.
(d) It will help her feel better about leaving home.
5. Why is Ben sent to the castle?
(a) To carry out the requests made by the prisoner.
(b) To help prove that the prisoner is really innocent.
(c) To serve time for being a friend to the prisoner.
(d) To help find more evidence that the prisoner is guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Judge-General do with the note when he receives it?
2. What is foreshadowed by the aborted murder attempt?
3. Which of the following cannot be found in the castle?
4. Peter is glad for the information, but feels that he must do something about the note. What does he do?
5. One of the deliverers leaves Peter a note with the second object they delivered. What is in the note?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is most important to Sasha about Peter's upbringing?
2. How does Flagg protect himself from the poison he plans to use on the king?
3. What causes Thomas to change his mind about wanting to be king?
4. When Roland became ill, the first person to tend him was Peter. Why would this make Flagg happy?
5. Under what conditions does Peter agree to set aside his crown and face the trial?
6. Why is it important to know that Peter likes to play with his mother's dollhouse?
7. What can you infer from the fact that Peter does not recognize the box used as evidence until he remembers that he lost one like it as a child?
8. Who is more popular with the people, Roland or Sasha? Why?
9. What are some of the different roles Flagg has played?
10. Describe Thomas as a young boy and tell what makes him feel as he does.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)