|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Peter have when the first of the items he requested is delivered?
(a) He politely says "Thank you."
(b) He flies into a rage.
(c) He smiles for the first time in weeks.
(d) He cries.
2. Which of the following best describes Thomas?
(a) Tall and bowlegged.
(b) Short and stocky.
(c) Short and bowlegged.
(d) Tall and handsome.
3. Who plots to bring ruin to the kingdom?
(a) The king's wife.
(b) The king's oldest son.
(c) The king's magician.
(d) The king's youngest son.
4. What causes the queen's death?
(b) A broken heart.
(c) A poisoned drink.
(d) A knife wound.
5. Which of the following hampers the trial proceedings?
(a) The people do not think Peter is guilty.
(b) The court magician has lost the evidence.
(c) A fair judge cannot be found.
(d) Peter has already become king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king's wife not use the wedding gift?
2. What action causes the Judge-General to assume Peter is guilty?
3. The character known as Flagg is also known by what other name?
4. Who wants to kill the queen?
5. In the note to the Judge-General, Peter makes it seem as though he is doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flagg learn about Peter, and how does he learn it?
2. What happens during the encounter between Peter, Thomas, and Flagg in the king's sitting room?
3. Why does Thomas find it necessary to drink himself to sleep, and why is this potentially dangerous?
4. What happens to the five friends at the end of the story? Is this a surprise ending?
5. Why has Peter requested the napkins with each meal and that the dollhouse be returned to him?
6. Who is more popular with the people, Roland or Sasha? Why?
7. What does Thomas do to attempt to win his father's favor?
8. Why does Flagg not take any action when he gets to Peter's room and finds that Peter is gone?
9. What are Flagg's plans for Delain?
10. How do Ben and Naomi begin to figure out how Dennis got into the castle?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)