|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucas decides to give inside information to which of the following?
2. Bekker thinks he has a ____ living in his brain.
3. Lucas is told that the best way to make contact is to use which of the following?
4. The next victim is apprehended at which location?
5. What word is used to describe the artist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the next step that takes place with Cassie and Lucas? What does Lucas learn bout Cassie's history?
2. Why do Lucas and Cassie break into the theater? What does Lucas take?
3. Why is Lucas frustrated with Loverboy?
4. What does Lucas do with the information about the stolen televisions? Do you think the plan will work?
5. What is the general opinion about George's disappearance? What does Lucas think about the development?
6. What happens when Lucas arrives at the cabin in Wisconsin? What is the opinion of the local cops?
7. What information is leaked to the media? Who is the leak?
8. What alerts Lucas and Del to a possible problem with Cassie? What does Lucas find at the apartment?
9. Discuss the phone call Lucas receives regarding Sarah. What is the problem? What is the outcome of the call?
10. What is Bekker's next step in his plan involving Cassie and Druze?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Michael Bekker. Bekker is an obsessive compulsive, highly intelligent, mentally unstable drug addict. Bekker's behavior is erratic at best. What types of drugs does Bekker take? How did Bekker hook up with Druze? Discuss the first meeting between Bekker and Lucas. What is Lucas' opinion? Why does Bekker feel the need to do a little jig after someone has been murdered? Psychologically speaking, what is Bekker's worst issue? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Carlo Druze is murdered by Michael Bekker. Bekker attempts to make the scene appear to be a murder/suicide. Explain why suicide is highly unlikely for Druze. Also examine how the death was ruled as a homicide. Who finds the bodies? Where are the bodies found? What is Lucas' opinion? What is Lucas' reaction to the crime scene? Which fellow cop is there to try and help? Explain. Also explain why Cassie was murdered. What is the main thing Michael Bekker did wrong when he tried to make Druze's death look like a suicide?
Essay Topic 3
Sloan is by Lucas' side on many occasions, particularly when it was feared Lucas might do something drastic. It was Sloan that sat up with Lucas all through the night. Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Sloan. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)