|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucas go to for insight into the killer's mind?
2. What topic does Lucas discuss with a funeral director?
3. Bekker relates himself to which fictional character?
4. Who does Bekker blame for his current troubles?
5. Lucas asks the doctor if it would be possible for Bekker to be in contact with patients with which disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the witness to Druze's latest crime? What odd reference does the witness give to Lucas? Does the reference help?
2. List at least two more clues that tie Druze to the Bekker homicide.
3. What is the next step that takes place with Cassie and Lucas? What does Lucas learn bout Cassie's history?
4. Discuss the scene in which Druze attempts to find a new, random victim. What crucial mistake is made by Druze?
5. What valuable information does Del get from Cheryl? What does Lucas do with the information?
6. What happens when Bekker foes to Cassie's apartment? What is Bekker's plan?
7. What information is leaked to the media? Who is the leak?
8. What is Lucas' next move regarding Bekker?
9. Explain the scene in which Druze abducts and murders George. What happens to George's car?
10. Why is Lucas frustrated with Loverboy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Eyes of Prey" it becomes clear early on that the eyes of each victim represent something special to Michael Bekker. Examine Bekker's obsession with the eyes. Is there a specific reason Bekker wants the eyes of each victim removed? Is there something from Bekker's past that causes the behavior? Is there some religious connotation? Are the eyes a metaphor for something deeper? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Daniel and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another, at least in the beginning. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Daniel's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Daniel's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background? How do Davenport's feelings and opinions change as the story progresses? What is Daniel's reaction when he realizes Davenport has uncovered his secret? Do you think Daniel will approach Davenport or does he trust Davenport to keep silent? Explain. Also examine how the secret could affect Daniel's career.
Essay Topic 3
Michael Bekker is obsessed with death and dying. Bekker's role as a doctor has given him opportunities to study death, often to the detriment of the patient. Discuss Bekker's professional career. Why is Bekker known as Dr. Death? What are the opinions of the other doctors, e.g., Merriam? What action does Bekker often take when dealing with a terminal patient? Which of Bekker's actions are illegal? How does Bekker handle Sybil? Why is Bekker still permitted to practice if he is committing murder? Explain.
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)