|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephanie had planned to make a business by selling which of the following?
2. Who is glaring at Bekker?
3. What drug did Bekker take just before the service?
4. Which of the following is not an action taken by the lover?
5. What is the woman's professional name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the interaction between Lucas and Elizabeth's neighbor.
2. What does Lucas learn about the crime scene at the Bekker house? What is unusual about it?
3. Why does Bekker ask Druze to look at a line up of photos? What types of photos are they? What is Druze's reaction?
4. Describe Lucas Davenport.
5. What is Lucas' next move in trying to locate Bekker's killer? What does Lucas learn?
6. Who is Carlo Druze? Describe his personality and motives.
7. What information does Lucas receive from the Medical Examiner? What suspicions does it confirm?
8. Who is Michael Bekker? Describe his personality and motives.
9. Why is Daniel worried about Lucas? Is the concern warranted? What does Daniel decide to do to help Lucas?
10. Discuss the press conference and what information is revealed to the press.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story from the point of Jennifer regarding her first meeting with Davenport. How did the pair become friends and eventually lovers? Does the couple have anything in common at all? If so, what? How does Jennifer adjust her professional life in regards to Lucas' work? How has the life of each character changed since they met? Why did the couple separate? What was Lucas' reaction to the separation? Is it possible, in Jennifer's mind, to rekindle the relationship? If so, where might it go from here?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Elle. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Did Lucas' relationship with Elle help or hinder Lucas' opinion? How did it affect the case?
Essay Topic 3
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport got into the business. What was the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)