|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bekker is eager to sell which of the following?
2. What is the man's first name?
3. Lucas calls ____ at the university.
4. Which is not a weapon mentioned in regards to the people that got away with murder?
5. Which of the following is not an action taken by the lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lucas' next move in trying to locate Bekker's killer? What does Lucas learn?
2. How does the lover react after Druze leaves the scene?
3. Who is Michael Bekker? Describe his personality and motives.
4. Describe Lucas Davenport.
5. How does Bekker attempt to locate Loverboy? What tools does Bekker use? What does he find?
6. Why is Lucas concerned about Daniel's opinions on Loverboy and the media?
7. Who is Elizabeth Armistead? Why has she been killed? How was the body discovered?
8. Discuss the press conference and what information is revealed to the press.
9. Why is Daniel worried about Lucas? Is the concern warranted? What does Daniel decide to do to help Lucas?
10. Why does Lucas go to the theater? What information does he get from Cassie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might Lucas' job continue to interfere with the relationship? Why do you think Jennifer refuses to marry Lucas? What might happen to the baby? What previous incidents have caused Jennifer to rethink the relationship? Do you think Jennifer will ever change her mind? Will Lucas remain a part of Sarah's life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story from the point of Jennifer regarding her first meeting with Davenport. How did the pair become friends and eventually lovers? Does the couple have anything in common at all? If so, what? How does Jennifer adjust her professional life in regards to Lucas' work? How has the life of each character changed since they met? Why did the couple separate? What was Lucas' reaction to the separation? Is it possible, in Jennifer's mind, to rekindle the relationship? If so, where might it go from here?
Essay Topic 3
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Druze. Discuss Druze's past history. What would a psychiatrist say about Druze's need to please others? Why was Druze willing to follow Bekker's orders? How did he feel about cutting out their eyes? Is Druze perverted, mentally ill or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Druze have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)