|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bekker is eager to sell which of the following?
2. Where are they waiting?
3. This is proven to be incorrect due to the killer's _______.
4. Bekker has recently become obsessed with which of the following?
5. Who does Lucas meet with to discuss Stephanie's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lucas' first interaction with an investigator from Internal Affairs?
2. Examine the scene in which Lucas and Del are in the bar. What action takes place?
3. Who is Michael Bekker? Describe his personality and motives.
4. What is Bekker's obsession? How has it changed? What is Bekker's immediate plan?
5. How does the lover react after Druze leaves the scene?
6. Lucas goes to visit Elle Kruger. Who is Elle Kruger?
7. Detail the scene in which Carlo Druze enters the Bekker house. What is the purpose of Druze's presence?
8. Examine the reaction of the lover when he walks in on Druze.
9. How does Bekker attempt to locate Loverboy? What tools does Bekker use? What does he find?
10. Who is Dr. Merriam? How does Lucas contact him? What help can Merriam offer to Lucas regarding Bekker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael Bekker is obsessed with death and dying. Bekker's role as a doctor has given him opportunities to study death, often to the detriment of the patient. Discuss Bekker's professional career. Why is Bekker known as Dr. Death? What are the opinions of the other doctors, e.g., Merriam? What action does Bekker often take when dealing with a terminal patient? Which of Bekker's actions are illegal? How does Bekker handle Sybil? Why is Bekker still permitted to practice if he is committing murder? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
In "Eyes of Prey" it becomes clear early on that the eyes of each victim represent something special to Michael Bekker. Examine Bekker's obsession with the eyes. Is there a specific reason Bekker wants the eyes of each victim removed? Is there something from Bekker's past that causes the behavior? Is there some religious connotation? Are the eyes a metaphor for something deeper? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Davenport is often viewed as a rogue cop, one who does not play by the book. Discuss this behavior. How is Davenport's method helpful to his work? How might it hinder or jeopardize an investigation? How do Davenport's colleagues feel about his behavior? Is Davenport viewed as an asset or liability by his commander? What kind of reprimands might Davenport receive for his unusual methods? Does Daniel know about Davenport's antics? Explain.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)