|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephanie had planned to make a business by selling which of the following?
2. According to the friend, what time was the woman last seen alive?
3. At what time did Lucas get the next distressing call?
4. What is the name of the wife?
5. What is the name of Lucas' other snitch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Michael Bekker's course of action before going to his wife's funeral?
2. What is Lucas' next move in trying to locate Bekker's killer? What does Lucas learn?
3. Describe Lucas Davenport.
4. Who is Loverboy? What is his first action in the investigation?
5. What disturbing information does Merriam give to Lucas regarding Bekker?
6. Who is Michael Bekker? Describe his personality and motives.
7. What information does Lucas get from Sloan regarding Michael Bekker?
8. What information does Lucas receive from the Medical Examiner? What suspicions does it confirm?
9. Lucas goes to visit Elle Kruger. Who is Elle Kruger?
10. Why is Daniel worried about Lucas? Is the concern warranted? What does Daniel decide to do to help Lucas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael Bekker is obsessed with death and dying. Bekker's role as a doctor has given him opportunities to study death, often to the detriment of the patient. Discuss Bekker's professional career. Why is Bekker known as Dr. Death? What are the opinions of the other doctors, e.g., Merriam? What action does Bekker often take when dealing with a terminal patient? Which of Bekker's actions are illegal? How does Bekker handle Sybil? Why is Bekker still permitted to practice if he is committing murder? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Carlo Druze. What types of things would Druze be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Druze have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Druze describe how he felt before, during and after each murder? Examine the relationship between Druze and Bekker.
Essay Topic 3
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport got into the business. What was the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)