* Reader meets Lucas Davenport.
* Davenport is a cop and the main character of the story.
* Davenport is in the throes of depression.
* Reader meets Carlo Druze.
* Druze lets himself into the Bekker house.
* Druze has been hired to kill Stephanie Bekker.
* Bekker is in the kitchen; her lover is upstairs.
* Druze attacks Bekker.
* Michael Bekker has hired Druze.
* The bottle used to attack Stephanie breaks.
* Druze carves out Stephanie's eyes.
* Stephanie's lover comes downstairs.
* The lover flees.
* Druze leaves the house.
* The lover covers his tracks and leaves the house.
* Stephanie Bekker is still alive.
* The lover calls 911.
* Stephanie dies just as the paramedics arrive.
* Lucas and Del wait for a pimp.
* Lucas wants to arrest the pimp for cutting a snitch.
* Del tells Lucas about the murder of Stephanie Bekker, his cousin.
* Del asks Lucas to look into the case.
* The pimp pulls a...
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)