• Reader meets Lucas Davenport.
• Davenport is a cop and the main character of the story.
• Davenport is in the throes of depression.
• Reader meets Carlo Druze.
• Druze lets himself into the Bekker house.
• Druze has been hired to kill Stephanie Bekker.
• Bekker is in the kitchen; her lover is upstairs.
• Druze attacks Bekker.
• Michael Bekker has hired Druze.
• The bottle used to attack Stephanie breaks.
• Druze carves out Stephanie's eyes.
• Stephanie's lover comes downstairs.
• The lover flees.
• Druze leaves the house.
• The lover covers his tracks and leaves the house.
• Stephanie Bekker is still alive.
• The lover calls 911.
• Stephanie dies just as the paramedics arrive.
• Lucas and Del wait for a pimp.
• Lucas wants to arrest the pimp for cutting a snitch.
• Del tells Lucas about the murder of Stephanie Bekker, his cousin.
• Del asks Lucas to look into the case.
• The pimp pulls a...
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)