|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emerald take Hope in Chapter 3?
2. Why can't Hope zero out the military budget?
3. How does Tocsin feel about Hope?
4. What is the baby's name?
5. How does the Jupiter population feel about Hope's apparent act of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hopie's feelings about education. How does Hope react to her opinion?
2. Based on the events in Chapter 1, what is the state of Jupiter at the moment that Hope is appointed Tyrant?
3. What claims are made in the Preface?
4. Describe Hope's plan in appointing people to government positions.
5. Describe the relations between Jupiter, Saturn, and Ganymede after Hope's failed attempt to destroy the Saturnine ship.
6. Explain why Hopie is unhappy. How does she come to understand the situation?
7. Describe the women in Hope's life.
8. How does the plan of Khukov and Hope work out?
9. Describe Amber.
10. In Chapter 2, what is the state of the Tyrancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you feel about capital punishment? Should capital punishment be allowed in the United States? Considering how Hope feels about public executions, is he right to allow it to continue politically?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Jupiter in this story similar to the United States? In what ways is it different?
Essay Topic 3
When Thorley calls Hope's new government The Tyrancy, how does Hope respond? What is Hope's goal for the new government?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)