|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Hope's trusted advisers in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 2, who accompanies Hope hubris on the flagship?
3. Who assigns Hope the job of Tyrant?
4. How does Sheila help Hope contact a particular person?
5. What happens when Khukov becomes the leader of Saturn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hope's "act of war" in Chapter 5.
2. What is the Saturnine plan, and how does Tocsin factor into it?
3. Explain the events leading up to Hope creating a second identity.
4. In Chapter 2, what is the state of the Tyrancy?
5. Describe the women in Hope's life.
6. What does Mondy suggest to Hope about the Ganymede situation?
7. In Chapter 1 , what are some advancements that have been made in Hope's future?
8. Describe Hope as a man and as a leader as he appears in Chapter 3.
9. Explain why Hopie is unhappy. How does she come to understand the situation?
10. Describe Hope's discussion with Stonebridge about the economy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Hope feel about Mondy's suggestion that they force the industry leaders to partner with the government? Why does he feel this way? How does Mondy feel about this?
Essay Topic 2
How do you feel about capital punishment? Should capital punishment be allowed in the United States? Considering how Hope feels about public executions, is he right to allow it to continue politically?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the false attack on Ganymede so dangerous? Why not simply come out and let everyone know that the premiere was Hope's information leak?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)