|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the representatives leaving?
2. How does Hope compromise on the budget issue to avoid the negative effects of every solution he sees?
3. What does Columnist Thorley say about hope's reign?
4. What initials does the "editor" of this book use?
5. Why is Hope unable to do business with the Latinos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the events in Chapter 1, what is the state of Jupiter at the moment that Hope is appointed Tyrant?
2. What changes in government mark the beginning of Hope's Tyrancy?
3. What is Hope's first act as Tyrant?
4. What claims are made in the Preface?
5. In Chapter 5, how is Hope dealing with the new stress of ruling a planet?
6. What are the effects of Hope's bold move on Ganymede?
7. In Chapter 1 , what are some advancements that have been made in Hope's future?
8. Describe Hope as a man and as a leader as he appears in Chapter 3.
9. How does Hope describe the short lived Navy rebellion?
10. Describe Hope's plan in appointing people to government positions.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the process by which Hope became the Tyrant. Who appointed him? Who helped him?
Essay Topic 2
How does Hope feel about Mondy's suggestion that they force the industry leaders to partner with the government? Why does he feel this way? How does Mondy feel about this?
Essay Topic 3
When Hope takes away people's ability to have children, What happens? Why do the women react the way they do? What happens to them? What does Hope do about this?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)