|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emerald take Hope in Chapter 3?
2. What is the purpose of the preface?
3. Who does Mondy hope will take over Saturn if his plan is a success?
4. How does Gerald Phist propose to make industry more efficient?
5. Why does Hope feel it is important to include the Admiral's response in his journal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hope's plan in appointing people to government positions.
2. Describe Hope's discussion with Stonebridge about the economy.
3. How does the plan of Khukov and Hope work out?
4. Who is Robertico and how does his arrival affect Hope?
5. What happens at the press conference in Chapter 5, and how does it help to define Hope's new Tyrancy?
6. In what ways are Hope's future solar system and our own Earth similar?
7. What does Mondy suggest to Hope about the Ganymede situation?
8. What is Hope's first act as Tyrant?
9. Describe the situation on Ganymede as it is in Chapter 4.
10. What is the Saturnine plan, and how does Tocsin factor into it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly describe Hope's relationships with Megan, Amber, Shelia, Ebony, and Hopie.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Hope hesitate to institute a policy to fix the economy? What are some of Stonebridge's suggestions? Why does Hope not want to implement Stonebridge's suggestions?
Essay Topic 3
When did Hope first manifest the ability to see dead people? What happened?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)