|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope call in Emerald?
2. How long has Hope been in contact with the dead?
3. What argument does Khukov plan to use to convince the Saturn government to make him Karzhinov's successor?
4. What does Hope fear will happen in this false war?
5. How long do Hope and Mondy have until the Saturnine ship arrives at Ganymede?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Hope's transition speech?
2. Describe the situation on Ganymede as it is in Chapter 4.
3. Describe the act put on by Hope and Admiral Khukov in Chapter 5.
4. In Chapter 5, how is Hope dealing with the new stress of ruling a planet?
5. What special ability is Hope revealed to have in Chapter 2, and how is it revealed?
6. Describe Hope's "act of war" in Chapter 5.
7. Who is Robertico and how does his arrival affect Hope?
8. Describe Hope as a man and as a leader as he appears in Chapter 3.
9. What happens at the press conference in Chapter 5, and how does it help to define Hope's new Tyrancy?
10. In what ways are Hope's future solar system and our own Earth similar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When did Hope first manifest the ability to see dead people? What happened?
Essay Topic 2
When Hope arrives to meet the senators, what happens? In what way is the plan of the senators similar to the plan of different senators, long ago in Rome? What does go differently with this plan?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the false attack on Ganymede so dangerous? Why not simply come out and let everyone know that the premiere was Hope's information leak?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)