|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Hope and Hopie argue about education?
2. Why does Hope call in Emerald?
3. Who helps Hope prepare for his speech?
4. After his first failed attempt, how does Hope plan to keep the Saturnine ship from docking on Ganymede?
5. Why does President Tocsin try to undermine the agreement between Ganymede and Saturn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hope's plan for dealing with the Saturnine ship? Does it work?
2. What special ability is Hope revealed to have in Chapter 2, and how is it revealed?
3. Describe Hopie's feelings about education. How does Hope react to her opinion?
4. How does the plan of Khukov and Hope work out?
5. Describe Hope's "act of war" in Chapter 5.
6. What is the purpose of Hope's transition speech?
7. In Chapter 1 , what are some advancements that have been made in Hope's future?
8. In Chapter 2, what is the state of the Tyrancy?
9. In what ways are Hope's future solar system and our own Earth similar?
10. Describe Amber.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When did Hope first manifest the ability to see dead people? What happened?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Jupiter in this story similar to the United States? In what ways is it different?
Essay Topic 3
Megan takes over Jupiter after Hope abdicates. What form of government does Megan bring? Would her government work without Hope's Tyrancy paving the way? Explain your opinion.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)