|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Hope when he is almost disqualified by a technicality?
2. Where does President Tocsin live?
3. What comes of Hopie's and Hope's education argument?
4. Who is Amber?
5. How does Sheila help Hope contact a particular person?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are Hope's future solar system and our own Earth similar?
2. Describe Hope's "act of war" in Chapter 5.
3. Explain why Hopie is unhappy. How does she come to understand the situation?
4. Who is Robertico and how does his arrival affect Hope?
5. What is Hope's first act as Tyrant?
6. Describe Amber.
7. Describe the relations between Jupiter, Saturn, and Ganymede after Hope's failed attempt to destroy the Saturnine ship.
8. Describe Hopie's feelings about education. How does Hope react to her opinion?
9. What purpose does the Preface serve in to this story?
10. Explain the events leading up to Hope creating a second identity.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Hope choose to deal with President Tocsin? What does Hope accomplish by doing this?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Jupiter in this story similar to the United States? In what ways is it different?
Essay Topic 3
When Hope arrives to meet the senators, what happens? In what way is the plan of the senators similar to the plan of different senators, long ago in Rome? What does go differently with this plan?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)