|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has always taken care of Hope Hubris's finances?
(c) The women in his life.
(d) His financial adviser.
2. Why do Hope's secret service men tell him to get on the ship?
(a) Saturn is being attacked.
(b) They are playing a joke on him.
(c) They are kidnapping him.
(d) The bubble is under attack.
3. How does Gerald Phist propose to make industry more efficient?
(a) He can cut the pay for up to 70 million workers.
(b) He can cut 70 million jobs.
(c) He can hire 70 million people.
(d) He can relocate 70 million jobs to one of the moons.
4. What action does Hope take that is only one step shy of declaring war against Saturn?
(a) He destroys the Saturnine ship.
(b) He puts the navy on full alert when he asks to search the Saturnine ship.
(c) He makes a call to the Premiere of Ganymede.
(d) He threatens to launch a bombing raid on Saturn if they don't stand down.
5. What keeps the bubble afloat in its proper place in the atmosphere?
(a) Its large propellers.
(b) Its magnetic thrusters.
(c) Its hyper drives.
(d) Its gee-shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emerald tell Hope in Chapter 2 about the loyalty of his planets?
2. How does the assassin try to kill Hope?
3. Who is Hope Hubris?
4. Who is appointed to be in charge of the suppression of crime and violence?
5. How does Sheila help Hope contact a particular person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special ability is Hope revealed to have in Chapter 2, and how is it revealed?
2. Describe the relations between Jupiter, Saturn, and Ganymede after Hope's failed attempt to destroy the Saturnine ship.
3. In Chapter 2, what is the state of the Tyrancy?
4. What are the effects of Hope's bold move on Ganymede?
5. Based on the events in Chapter 1, what is the state of Jupiter at the moment that Hope is appointed Tyrant?
6. How does Hope describe the short lived Navy rebellion?
7. How does Hope feel about his appointment as Tyrant?
8. What does Mondy suggest to Hope about the Ganymede situation?
9. In Chapter 5, how is Hope dealing with the new stress of ruling a planet?
10. What is Hope's first act as Tyrant?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)