|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of government does Ganymede have?
(c) Autocratic .
2. Why is Hope unable to do business with the Latinos?
(a) He doesn't speak Spanish.
(b) He is busy changing the baby's diaper.
(c) They won't talk to him.
(d) He doesn't like them.
3. How does Hope get rid of Tocsin?
(a) He kills Tocsin.
(b) He sends Tocsin into exile.
(c) He pardons Tocsin, so that he will leave peacefully.
(d) He has Tocsin killed.
4. What does Mondy feel will happen if the troops from Saturn can be intercepted?
(a) Saturn's government will pay a ransom.
(b) Ganymede will win the war.
(c) Saturn's government might fall.
(d) Saturn will win the war.
5. What happens when Khukov becomes the leader of Saturn?
(a) Khukov betrays Hope and launches an attack on Jupiter.
(b) Khukov is assassinated and Karzhinov returns as leader of Saturn.
(c) Ganymede secedes from Saturn.
(d) The war apparatus and the false occupation of Ganymede are dismantled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hope's first act as Tyrant?
2. Why does Hope call in Emerald?
3. What does this novel aim to shed more light on?
4. What news do Emerald and Mondy bring Hope?
5. Who is Amber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special ability is Hope revealed to have in Chapter 2, and how is it revealed?
2. Describe Hopie's feelings about education. How does Hope react to her opinion?
3. Describe the women in Hope's life.
4. How does Hope feel about his appointment as Tyrant?
5. Who is Robertico and how does his arrival affect Hope?
6. What is Hope's first act as Tyrant?
7. What is Hope's plan for dealing with the Saturnine ship? Does it work?
8. What are the effects of Hope's bold move on Ganymede?
9. Describe the act put on by Hope and Admiral Khukov in Chapter 5.
10. What purpose does the Preface serve in to this story?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)