|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is appointed to be in charge of the suppression of crime and violence?
(a) Admiral Phist.
(b) Admiral Akbar.
(d) Admiral Stonebridge.
2. Why are the representatives leaving?
(a) It is a holiday.
(b) To prevent reaching a quorum.
(c) They are going on vacation.
(d) The meeting is over.
3. What does Hope do when Megan phones him during the Ganymede crisis?
(a) He confesses his love to her.
(b) He breaks the connection, refusing to talk to her.
(c) He tells her that he only pretended to invade Ganymede as a ploy to get troops in place to defend against Saturn.
(d) He has an emotional breakdown.
4. What does Gerald Phist suggest Hope do with unrepentant criminals?
(a) Send them to a prison planet.
(b) Pardon them.
(c) Send them into deep space to perform thankless work.
(d) Execute them.
5. How does Hope plan to destroy the Saturnine ship without showing his involvement?
(a) He plans to bomb the dock and make it look like a rebel attack.
(b) He plans to torpedo the ship and make it look like an accidental colision with a mine.
(c) He plans to torpedo the ship and blame it on Ganymede.
(d) He plans to sabotage the ship and make it look like a mechanical failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the bubble afloat in its proper place in the atmosphere?
2. What happens to Hope while in Nyork?
3. Why does the pressure build to dangerous levels in the bubble?
4. What is the effect of a Mind-Wash?
5. What dead person first appeared to Hope?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concern takes the place of the threat of war for Hope? How does he deal with it?
2. What does Columnist Thorley think about Hope and his new government? How does Hope respond?
3. What happens at the press conference in Chapter 5, and how does it help to define Hope's new Tyrancy?
4. Who is Robertico and how does his arrival affect Hope?
5. What is the Saturnine plan, and how does Tocsin factor into it?
6. What purpose does the Preface serve in to this story?
7. How does Hope describe the short lived Navy rebellion?
8. What special ability is Hope revealed to have in Chapter 2, and how is it revealed?
9. How does the plan of Khukov and Hope work out?
10. In Chapter 2, what is the state of the Tyrancy?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)