|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news do Emerald and Mondy bring Hope?
(a) Ganymede has surrendered to Jupiter.
(b) Saturn is launching an attack to take over a Naval base on Ganymede.
(c) Saturn has launched an attack against Jupiter.
(d) Ganymede has surrendered to Saturn.
2. What happens between Shelia and Hope while they wait to see if the bubble will collapse?
(a) They kiss.
(c) They have sex.
(d) They have an argument.
3. Where do Spirit and Hope go to meet Mikhail Khukov?
(b) His Saturnine ship.
(c) The base at Tanamo.
4. How does Hope show that he will ensure the freedom of speech for his people?
(a) He institutes a planet wide comment and complaint system for the people.
(b) He allows a journalist to insult him without punishing him for it.
(c) He writes it into his new constitution.
(d) He allows the people to speak out agaisnt the government.
5. In Chapter 2, who accompanies Hope hubris on the flagship?
(a) His drinking buddies.
(b) His advisers.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope feel it is important to include the Admiral's response in his journal?
2. What does Hope do when Megan phones him during the Ganymede crisis?
3. Whom does Shelia help Hope contact?
4. How long has Hope been in contact with the dead?
5. Who speaks out against Hope's act of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hope describe the short lived Navy rebellion?
2. Explain why Hopie is unhappy. How does she come to understand the situation?
3. Describe Hope's discussion with Stonebridge about the economy.
4. In Chapter 1 , what are some advancements that have been made in Hope's future?
5. Describe the relations between Jupiter, Saturn, and Ganymede after Hope's failed attempt to destroy the Saturnine ship.
6. What claims are made in the Preface?
7. Explain the events leading up to Hope creating a second identity.
8. Describe Hope as a man and as a leader as he appears in Chapter 3.
9. In Chapter 2, what is the state of the Tyrancy?
10. Describe Hope's "act of war" in Chapter 5.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)