|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Hope's trusted advisers in Chapter 1?
(a) Shelia, Coral, and Ebony.
(b) Amber, Mike, and Josh.
(c) Spirit, Ebony, and Amber.
(d) Spirit, Hope, and Faith.
2. How does Hope discover the presence of technicians trained in experimental mind control on the ship?
(a) Columnist Thorley.
(b) The premier of Ganymede.
(c) A defector from the Saturnine Navy.
(d) An anonymous tip.
3. Why do Hope's secret service men tell him to get on the ship?
(a) Saturn is being attacked.
(b) The bubble is under attack.
(c) They are playing a joke on him.
(d) They are kidnapping him.
4. What does Hope fear will happen in this false war?
(a) He fears that he will lose his daughter Hopie, as she is already spending more time with Thorley, who actively speaks out against Hope.
(b) He fears that Karzhinov will call his bluff and invade Ganymede then Jupiter.
(c) He fears that with all of the insults and threats going back and forth, Karzhinov might trigger the real war that destroys both planets.
(d) He fears that the people will become too upset at his acts of war and overthrow him.
5. Why does Hope hold a press conference while secretly trying to destroy the Saturnine ship?
(a) To establish the freedom of speech on Jupiter.
(b) To gain some positive publicity.
(c) To reassure the people about the transition.
(d) To serve as an alibi when he is accused of destroying the Saturnine ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the preface?
2. Who has always taken care of Hope Hubris's finances?
3. Who is Hope Hubris?
4. Why does Hope hate to give up his public contact?
5. What happens when the Admiral finds out that Hope is in charge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hope's "act of war" in Chapter 5.
2. Describe the situation on Ganymede as it is in Chapter 4.
3. In Chapter 2, what is the state of the Tyrancy?
4. Describe the act put on by Hope and Admiral Khukov in Chapter 5.
5. What purpose does the Preface serve in to this story?
6. What is Hope's first act as Tyrant?
7. Describe the women in Hope's life.
8. What happens at the press conference in Chapter 5, and how does it help to define Hope's new Tyrancy?
9. Describe Hopie's feelings about education. How does Hope react to her opinion?
10. In Chapter 5, how is Hope dealing with the new stress of ruling a planet?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)