|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Amber?
(a) Khukov's mistress.
(b) Hope's secretary.
(c) Robertico's mother.
(d) Hope's gift from Khukov.
2. How does Gerald Phist propose to make industry more efficient?
(a) He can cut 70 million jobs.
(b) He can relocate 70 million jobs to one of the moons.
(c) He can hire 70 million people.
(d) He can cut the pay for up to 70 million workers.
3. How long do Hope and Mondy have until the Saturnine ship arrives at Ganymede?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Seven days.
(c) One day.
(d) Five days.
4. Why does Admiral Khukov call Hope?
(a) To surrender Ganymede to Jupiter.
(b) To threaten him with open war.
(c) To demand that he pull his troops out of Ganymede.
(d) To ask for a meeting.
5. Who asks Hope for direction in working on the budget?
(a) Senator Hardy.
(b) Senator Prior.
(c) Senator Stonebridge.
(d) Senator Stonewall.
6. What initials does the "editor" of this book use?
7. What happens between Shelia and Hope while they wait to see if the bubble will collapse?
(a) They kiss.
(c) They have an argument.
(d) They have sex.
8. How does Hopie feel about education?
(a) Education is essential.
(b) Education is pointless.
(c) Education is ludicrous.
(d) Education is valuable.
9. How does Hope show that he will ensure the freedom of speech for his people?
(a) He allows a journalist to insult him without punishing him for it.
(b) He allows the people to speak out agaisnt the government.
(c) He writes it into his new constitution.
(d) He institutes a planet wide comment and complaint system for the people.
10. What is the purpose of the Technicians on the Saturnine ship?
(a) To control the mind of the premier of Ganymede.
(b) To pick the locks of Tanamo.
(c) To control the minds of the Ganymede population.
(d) To build weapons of mass destruction on Ganymede.
11. How does Emerald suggest that Hope should get his thoughts in order?
(a) Contacts the "Beautiful Dreamer."
(b) Calls a council meeting.
(c) Writes a letter to Hope.
(d) Asks Hope to undergo hynosis.
12. What does Amber do while hypnotized?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She tries to assassinate Hope.
(c) She makes love to Hope.
(d) She speaks to Hope in Spanish.
13. Why do Hope and his advisers suit up in pressure suits?
(a) They fear that the bubble will be destroyed by the sub.
(b) They fear that the bubble will be crushed by the pressure.
(c) They fear that the bubble will be destroyed by the missile.
(d) They fear that the bubble will depressurize.
14. How does Hope compromise on the budget issue to avoid the negative effects of every solution he sees?
(a) He allows Stonebridge to dismantle the military.
(b) He allows Stonebridge to take donations.
(c) He allows Stonebridge to institute a gold standard.
(d) He allows Stonebridge to raise taxes.
15. How does Hope react to the representatives leaving Congress?
(a) He decides to abolish Congress.
(b) He has them executed.
(c) He banishes them from the realm.
(d) He doesn't really care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope not want to talk to Megan during the Ganymede crisis?
2. Why does Senator Stonebridge tell Hope that he should impose steeper taxes?
3. What dead person first appeared to Hope?
4. When do Hope and Hopie argue about education?
5. Why does Hope appoint many of the government positions to those who already held them?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)