|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this novel aim to shed more light on?
(a) Invasion of Mars.
(b) Siege of Saturn.
(c) Siege of Venus.
(d) Invasion of Neptune.
2. What is Hope's first act as Tyrant?
(a) He declares war on Saturn.
(b) He deals with President Tocsin.
(c) He straightens out the budget.
(d) He gives a state of the union address.
3. When do Hope and Hopie argue about education?
(a) Before bed.
(b) During lunch.
(c) During breakfast.
(d) During supper.
4. How long after Hope's visit does Khukov take power?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
5. Which of the following quotes can be attributed by this story's editor?
(a) Where there is not good drinking, there can not be good living.
(b) Others had competence; Hope had magic.
(c) If others have faith, Hope has Hope.
(d) Hope was fully and truly mad, much like his predecessors.
6. How long do Hope and Mondy have until the Saturnine ship arrives at Ganymede?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Five days.
7. How does Hope feel about Hopie working with Thorley?
(a) He feels that it is Thorley's only chance at really helping the government.
(b) He doesn't like it and tells Hopie to stay away from him.
(c) He doesn't trust Hopie with Thorley.
(d) He thinks they make a cute couple.
8. What comes of Hopie's and Hope's education argument?
(a) Hope laughs at Hopie and tells her that she will understand it when she grows up.
(b) Hope grounds Hopie and sends her to bed without supper.
(c) Hope agrees with Hopie and abolishes all educational programs sponsored by the government.
(d) Hope puts Hopie in charge of the Department of Education.
9. Why does President Tocsin try to undermine the agreement between Ganymede and Saturn?
(a) War is good for business.
(b) Saturn is too powerful.
(c) Ganymede is too powerful.
(d) Hope is too powerful.
10. What dead person first appeared to Hope?
(a) His former wife.
(b) His childhood love.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
11. Why are the representatives leaving?
(a) The meeting is over.
(b) They are going on vacation.
(c) To prevent reaching a quorum.
(d) It is a holiday.
12. How does Hope feel about his reign?
(a) He believes that his tyranical reign is just, since only the strong should rule.
(b) He believes that once he has consolidated his power, he will turn it back into a democracy.
(c) He feels that the Greeks had many enlightened, benign dictators, and that his reign can be the same.
(d) He feels that since the world is at war, there must be a strong central government.
13. What happens when the Admiral finds out that Hope is in charge?
(a) Within moments, the rebellion is isolated and ended.
(b) He orders his battleships to attack.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) He attacks the bubble that Hope is on.
14. What argument does Khukov plan to use to convince the Saturn government to make him Karzhinov's successor?
(a) He will argue that if he isn't made Karzhinov's successor, Jupiter will launch a full attack on Saturn.
(b) He will argue that it was Karzhinov who got them into the mess they are in.
(c) He will argue that he was loyal to the people of Saturn all along, even when Karzhinov betrayed them.
(d) He will argue that only he was able to negotiate with the mad tyrant of Jupiter.
15. Who are Hope's trusted advisers in Chapter 1?
(a) Spirit, Hope, and Faith.
(b) Spirit, Ebony, and Amber.
(c) Amber, Mike, and Josh.
(d) Shelia, Coral, and Ebony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Jupiter population feel about Hope's apparent act of war?
2. After his first failed attempt, how does Hope plan to keep the Saturnine ship from docking on Ganymede?
3. What advice does Repro give Hope?
4. Where do Spirit and Hope go to meet Mikhail Khukov?
5. What makes Amber unique from most girls?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)