|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Hope's secret service men tell him to get on the ship?
(a) They are playing a joke on him.
(b) Saturn is being attacked.
(c) The bubble is under attack.
(d) They are kidnapping him.
2. What does Gerald Phist suggest Hope do with unrepentant criminals?
(a) Send them to a prison planet.
(b) Send them into deep space to perform thankless work.
(c) Pardon them.
(d) Execute them.
3. How does Hope get rid of Tocsin?
(a) He has Tocsin killed.
(b) He pardons Tocsin, so that he will leave peacefully.
(c) He sends Tocsin into exile.
(d) He kills Tocsin.
4. How does Hope react to the representatives leaving Congress?
(a) He doesn't really care.
(b) He banishes them from the realm.
(c) He has them executed.
(d) He decides to abolish Congress.
5. How does Tocsin feel about Hope?
(a) He likes Hope.
(b) He feels repulsed by Hope.
(c) He doesn't think that Hope is tall enough.
(d) He doesn't recognize Hope as Tyrant.
6. Why does Hope hate to give up his public contact?
(a) He fears it will undermine his authority.
(b) He loves the public eye too much.
(c) He will miss the press.
(d) He fears he will become isolated.
7. What does this novel aim to shed more light on?
(a) Siege of Saturn.
(b) Invasion of Neptune.
(c) Invasion of Mars.
(d) Siege of Venus.
8. How long do Hope and Mondy have until the Saturnine ship arrives at Ganymede?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Seven days.
9. What dead person first appeared to Hope?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His childhood love.
(d) His former wife.
10. What is the purpose of the preface?
(a) It foreshadows the events to come, but doesn't focus on any of the main characters.
(b) It sets the mood of the story by showing one of Hope's nightmares.
(c) It summarizes the career of Hope Hubris.
(d) It provides vital background information for all of the characters.
11. What happens when the Admiral finds out that Hope is in charge?
(a) Within moments, the rebellion is isolated and ended.
(b) Nothing happens.
(c) He attacks the bubble that Hope is on.
(d) He orders his battleships to attack.
12. How does Hope manage to finally get troops on Ganymede?
(a) He pretends to attack the base at Tanamo, but the lasers are really set on stun so that none of the Ganymede troops will be killed.
(b) He sends troops disguised as civilians on vacation.
(c) He attacks the base at Tanamo and takes it over.
(d) He offers his troops to the premier of Ganymede as support during the war.
13. Who is Amber?
(a) Hope's secretary.
(b) Khukov's mistress.
(c) Robertico's mother.
(d) Hope's gift from Khukov.
14. Where do the Latinos live?
(b) Red Spot.
(d) White Bubble.
15. What is the purpose of the Technicians on the Saturnine ship?
(a) To control the minds of the Ganymede population.
(b) To pick the locks of Tanamo.
(c) To control the mind of the premier of Ganymede.
(d) To build weapons of mass destruction on Ganymede.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what condition will Hope support the premier's government against the attack of Saturn?
2. What argument does Khukov plan to use to convince the Saturn government to make him Karzhinov's successor?
3. Where does President Tocsin live?
4. Who asks Hope for direction in working on the budget?
5. How does Hope feel about Hopie working with Thorley?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)