|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of a Mind-Wash?
(a) It erases some memories.
(b) It washes trace minerals out of the mind.
(c) It cleanses the mind of profane thoughts.
(d) It cleanses the mind from old, forgotten things.
2. How does Hope react when he is advised to find a baby sitter?
(a) He refuses, saying that he cannot trust the care of this baby to anyone else.
(b) He asks Spirit to watch the baby for him.
(c) He gives the baby up for adoption.
(d) He calls an agency that hires out child care professionals.
3. What role does Hopie play in Hope's cabinet?
(a) She is in charge of population.
(b) She is in charge of education.
(c) She is in charge of industry.
(d) She is in charge of crime.
4. When do Hope and Hopie argue about education?
(a) During breakfast.
(b) During lunch.
(c) During supper.
(d) Before bed.
5. What does Mondy say about being a leader?
(a) He says that Hope should strive for a balance between both love and fear.
(b) He says that Hope is right.
(c) He claims that Machiavelli was right in saying that it is better to be feared.
(d) He says that Machiavelli was right in saying that it is better to be loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hope feel about his reign?
2. What is the purpose of the preface?
3. What is the general idea of Hope's speech?
4. What role does Columnist Thorley play in Hope's cabinet?
5. Why is Hope growing dissatisfied with his mistresses?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)