|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author choose to write this book as a journal, giving credit to an "editor" in the book?
(a) It makes the story more personal.
(b) It allows him to distance himself from the story.
(c) It allows the author to do more creative world building .
(d) It makes the story more realistic.
2. How does Emerald suggest that Hope should get his thoughts in order?
(a) Asks Hope to undergo hynosis.
(b) Contacts the "Beautiful Dreamer."
(c) Calls a council meeting.
(d) Writes a letter to Hope.
3. Who assigns Hope the job of Tyrant?
(a) The Constitutional Convention.
(b) The Jupiter Parliment.
(c) The former Tyrant.
(d) The great galactic head.
4. How does Mondy suggest they reform industry?
(a) They should force the industry leaders to partner with the government.
(b) They should privitize all industry.
(c) They should nationalize all industry.
(d) They should consolidate all industrial companies into one large monopoly that will be easier to manage.
5. What is the general idea of Hope's speech?
(a) Rebel against the new order.
(b) Lower the taxes.
(c) Accept the new order or else.
(d) Live free or die fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope agree with Phist about nationalizing an iron company?
2. How does Hope react to the representatives leaving Congress?
3. Where does President Tocsin live?
4. Who are Hope's trusted advisers in Chapter 1?
5. What goes wrong with Hope's plan to stealthily destroy the Saturnine sub?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)