Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day do Derfel and his men put their armor on?
2. How does Derfel describe the day that the attack on the Saxons was begun?
3. What kind of man is Powys?
4. What is the official religion of Britain at the time of this book?
5. What are the Saxon armies preparing to do when they are attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Derfel realize when he sees Arthur with his son?
2. What does Nimue use to cast her spells on people?
3. What breaks the peace in Briton after the defeat of the Saxons?
4. What are the main reasons that Mordred planned his attack against Arthur?
5. What does Nimue do when Excalibur is gone?
6. What special assignment is Derfel given when the plans for the Saxon invasion are discussed?
7. What causes the forces of Nimue and Mordred to break up?
8. What does Morgan do to find a cure for Ceinwyn?
9. What are some of Taliesin's talents?
10. What is the price to Arthur for the alliance with Gwent?
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)