Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day do Derfel and his men put their armor on?
2. How does Derfel describe the day that the attack on the Saxons was begun?
3. What kind of man is Powys?
4. What is the official religion of Britain at the time of this book?
5. What are the Saxon armies preparing to do when they are attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Derfel realize when he sees Arthur with his son?
2. What does Nimue use to cast her spells on people?
3. What breaks the peace in Briton after the defeat of the Saxons?
4. What are the main reasons that Mordred planned his attack against Arthur?
5. What does Nimue do when Excalibur is gone?
6. What special assignment is Derfel given when the plans for the Saxon invasion are discussed?
7. What causes the forces of Nimue and Mordred to break up?
8. What does Morgan do to find a cure for Ceinwyn?
9. What are some of Taliesin's talents?
10. What is the price to Arthur for the alliance with Gwent?
Despair is a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Sacrifice is a theme that is prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)