|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has asked for the use of Excalibur?
2. Who comes up with the idea that breaks the shield line of the Saxons when Derfel and his men are trapped?
3. What is the name of Gawain's father?
4. What season do the Britons begin their attack on the Saxons?
5. Where are the Saxon armies camped out when Arthur plans to attack them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Derfel and the other Warlords accept the invitation to the spring feast?
2. What deformity of the narrator is revealed at the beginning of Part 3?
3. How does Derfel choose to kill Lancelot, and why?
4. What is the main cause of the delay of leaving Camlann?
5. How does Arthur find his son at the temple of Mithras?
6. What is the first thing Derfel does when he realizes that he and his men are trapped in the earthen fortress?
7. What does Morgan do to find a cure for Ceinwyn?
8. What is the one thing Arthur does NOT do while he is fighting with Derfel against the Saxons?
9. What does Aelle do before Derfel leaves his castle after delivering the message from Arthur?
10. What are some of the beacon fires initially confused for?
Essay Topic 1
Merlin and his Druid followers present a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 2
What is Derfel's actual birthright, and what does this reveal about his character and his relationship to Arthur?
Essay Topic 3
How does Gawain die, and what does this signify about the culture of this book?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)