|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ended up crushing the strike, which was surprising, given the history of this person?
2. General ________ staged a coup against Peron during the time when Eva was beginning to get sicker.
3. _______ served as a mediator for a nationwide strike in 1951, though it was unsuccessful.
4. What did the press say happened to Eva, though it was not the truth?
5. During what year was Peron removed from the government because of his actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the reasons given behind Eva not being able to run for Vice President?
2. Where would Eva find funding for the Eva Peron Foundation, according to the book?
3. What are some of the ways in which Argentines see Eva today?
4. What was the role of Oliver Stone in the creation of a movie about Eva?
5. What happened a minute after Eva's death, according to the book?
6. What were some of the examples of ways that Peron began to be a dictator in his position?
7. What was the medical treatment that Eva eventually had that allowed her to improve?
8. What were two of the laws that Peron pushed through during his presidency, one good and one with possible negative consequences?
9. What were the challenges facing Peron's power at the time when Eva began to be more powerful?
10. What was the task of Dr. Ara after the death of Eva, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Culture in Argentina flourished during the time of the Oligarchs.
Part 1: Why do you think culture is so important in society? Or is it?
Part 2: How do you think the culture in your home country has flourished?
Part 3: Can culture flourish without there being an upper class who can afford better things?
Essay Topic 2
Eva's visit to Europe was not as politically successful as one might have hoped.
Part 1: Why do you think that Eva decided to visit all of Europe?
Part 2: How do you think Eva was seen by the rest of the world?
Part 3: What do you think of politicians that visit other countries?
Essay Topic 3
While Eva was dressed up and was extravagant, people in Europe were impoverished.
Part 1: Do you think the Eva should have dressed like the people of the time?
Part 2: How do you think you would perceive a powerful figure if they were dressed in casual clothing?
Part 3: Why do you think that Eva was still seen as being an interesting figure?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)