|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eva hire in order to help her write a book about her life?
2. General ________ staged a coup against Peron during the time when Eva was beginning to get sicker.
3. Evita became the first British musical to break into _________ at the time.
4. Who played the part of Evita in the movie that was made after the musical?
5. What did the Catholic Church do to Peron to show that they were dissatisfied with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where would Eva find funding for the Eva Peron Foundation, according to the book?
2. What did Peron do for Eva during one of her final speeches to the country?
3. What was the goal of the Eva Peron Foundation that was created, according to the book?
4. What happened once the Argentine press was able to say anything it wanted to say?
5. Where did Eva's newfound confidence and emotions in her speeches come from, according to the writer?
6. What did Eva do that showed she considered the poor to be equals in society, according to the book?
7. What were two of the laws that Peron pushed through during his presidency, one good and one with possible negative consequences?
8. Who were the composers who created the rock operate about Eva's life?
9. What was the medical treatment that Eva eventually had that allowed her to improve?
10. What did the Eva Peron Foundation provide to the country, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peron was said to not have wielded his power as it could have, though he was supportive of the working class.
Part 1: Why do you think Peron didn't wield his power as he could have?
Part 2: Do you think that Peron was a strong leader?
Part 3: What do you think of leaders who are always strong and powerful?
Essay Topic 2
The corruption in the government led to a number of unstable periods and a coup.
Part 1: Do you think that corruption is present in all governments?
Part 2: What do you think should happen when corruption is found in the government?
Part 3: Why do you think corrupt forces were in the government and were able to win the elections fraudulently?
Essay Topic 3
Eva was eventually taught proper manners as she continued to become more visible and active in politics.
Part 1: Why do you think Eva decided to become more active in the political affairs?
Part 2: Do you think that Eva was the right person to handle the political affairs that she did?
Part 3: How did Eva's actions impact Peron's influence in the country?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)