|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what decade was the musical about Evita's life made?
2. What was Eva's name put out for, though not many took this request seriously?
3. _________ were constant to the foundation, and the level of human contact was unusually high.
4. Andrew Lloyd Webber and __________ were the ones who created the Evita musical.
5. To many Argentinians, Evita became a _______ for their country and their past.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where would Eva find funding for the Eva Peron Foundation, according to the book?
2. What happened as a result of Peron confronting the Catholic Church in hopes of subordinating it to him?
3. What caused the decline in Peron's power after Eva's death?
4. What happened during the time in which Eva was confined to bedrest?
5. What did the Eva Peron Foundation provide to the country, according to the book?
6. What was the goal of the Eva Peron Foundation that was created, according to the book?
7. What happened a minute after Eva's death, according to the book?
8. What were the challenges facing Peron's power at the time when Eva began to be more powerful?
9. What was the task of Dr. Ara after the death of Eva, according to the book?
10. What was the thematic uniqueness of the rock opera made of Eva's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evita's death became something that was witnessed by the entire country, as she did not hide away as she got sicker.
Part 1: Why do you think Eva did not want to hide her illness?
Part 2: Do you think the country might have fared better if she had hidden her illness from others?
Part 3: How do you think you might have reacted if you saw a leader begin to die before your eyes?
Essay Topic 2
Eva began to grow in popularity as an actress and as a radio actress, even though she began to hide her past.
Part 1: Do you think that Eva should have hidden her past?
Part 2: Why do you think Eva was so keen to hide where she was from?
Part 3: How do you think hiding your own past might impact your future?
Essay Topic 3
Eva's visit to Europe was not as politically successful as one might have hoped.
Part 1: Why do you think that Eva decided to visit all of Europe?
Part 2: How do you think Eva was seen by the rest of the world?
Part 3: What do you think of politicians that visit other countries?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)