|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Eva when she died of her battle with cancer?
2. For many who watched the Evita musical, it seemed to be silly, but also supportive of _________.
3. Lonardi's staff tried to ________ Eva's body, but the Catholic Church would not allow this to happen.
4. Evita, in the end, became _________, which seems to be what she wanted.
5. The many last speeches that Eva gave seemed to be a managed melodrama that caused people to become frenzied with __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened as a result of Peron confronting the Catholic Church in hopes of subordinating it to him?
2. What caused the decline in Peron's power after Eva's death?
3. What was the task of Dr. Ara after the death of Eva, according to the book?
4. What was the reason that Eva gave when asked why she did not have children of her own?
5. Who were the composers who created the rock operate about Eva's life?
6. What was the medical treatment that Eva eventually had that allowed her to improve?
7. What happened during the time in which Eva was confined to bedrest?
8. What were two of the laws that Peron pushed through during his presidency, one good and one with possible negative consequences?
9. What was the thematic uniqueness of the rock opera made of Eva's life?
10. What did Peron do for Eva during one of her final speeches to the country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eva began to grow in popularity as an actress and as a radio actress, even though she began to hide her past.
Part 1: Do you think that Eva should have hidden her past?
Part 2: Why do you think Eva was so keen to hide where she was from?
Part 3: How do you think hiding your own past might impact your future?
Essay Topic 2
The people in Argentina rallied behind Peron and even walked out of work for one entire day.
Part 1: Why do you think people rallied behind Peron's ideas?
Part 2: Do you think it's always a good idea for people to rally behind one leader?
Part 3: What do you think might happen today if no one went to work for one day in the United States?
Essay Topic 3
Peron wanted to give more power and rights to the working classes, even though others might have wanted to squash the unions.
Part 1: What is the positive result of supporting the working class?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for the working classes to have more power?
Part 3: Why do you think that Peron decide that he needed to support the workers?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)