|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eva want the singer she fell in love with to take her?
2. Where was Juan Peron born, according to the facts of the story?
3. What did Eva lose when Peron was finally taken out of the government by force?
4. Eva eventually became one of the highest paid __________ of the period.
5. In Peron's plan, he decided to set up a series of comprehensive _________ schemes to be implemented and a welfare state would also be created.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the given reasoning in the book of why Eva was invited to go along with Peron for the visit?
2. Why did the workers celebrate their victory after the release of Colonel Peron, according to the book?
3. What did people who opposed Colonel Peron think about him and his ability and power as a ruler?
4. What did Evita refuse to do when she was then the president's wife?
5. What did Eva do in order to try to get mentioned by the media, according to the book?
6. What were the classes that made up Buenos Aires when Eva moved there as a younger girl?
7. What made Eva a child who was often judged or snubbed by other students in her classes at school?
8. What was the original reason why Eva was going to go to Europe in 1947, according to the book?
9. Why did the Radical Party purportedly win the election in 1912, unlike in other elections before?
10. What were some of the ways that Colonel Peron supported the worked in his role as the Secretary of Labor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Over time, Peron became more of a dictator, which caused him to be removed from office in 1955.
Part 1: Why do you think that Peron began to act like more of a dictator?
Part 2: Do you think that Peron needed to take more control of the country?
Part 3: How do you think the country might have fared if Peron had stuck to his democratic promises?
Essay Topic 2
Peron wanted to give more power and rights to the working classes, even though others might have wanted to squash the unions.
Part 1: What is the positive result of supporting the working class?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for the working classes to have more power?
Part 3: Why do you think that Peron decide that he needed to support the workers?
Essay Topic 3
Culture in Argentina flourished during the time of the Oligarchs.
Part 1: Why do you think culture is so important in society? Or is it?
Part 2: How do you think the culture in your home country has flourished?
Part 3: Can culture flourish without there being an upper class who can afford better things?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)