|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eva want the singer she fell in love with to take her?
2. Eva eventually became one of the highest paid __________ of the period.
3. What was the reason that Peron's first wife died and left him a widower?
4. Who did Eva visit while she was in Italy and touring the Vatican?
5. What was the career dream of Eva when she was growing up and that she made happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Peron not have when he entered into the presidential campaign, according to the book?
2. What did Peron do in response to the earthquake that destroyed the town of San Juan?
3. What did Colonel Peron have to say about his opponent, Braden, when they were running for President?
4. Why did Eva not end up going to London, even though it had been an arranged stop on her tour of Europe?
5. Why did the Radical Party purportedly win the election in 1912, unlike in other elections before?
6. How did Eva's role in the government change when she returned from Europe, according to the book?
7. How many children did Juan and Juana have and what were their names?
8. What did Eva do in order to try to get mentioned by the media, according to the book?
9. What was the five-year plan that Peron introduced in order to help Argentina?
10. What made Peron different from the other Argentinian leaders, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eva began to grow in popularity as an actress and as a radio actress, even though she began to hide her past.
Part 1: Do you think that Eva should have hidden her past?
Part 2: Why do you think Eva was so keen to hide where she was from?
Part 3: How do you think hiding your own past might impact your future?
Essay Topic 2
Evita began to give the speeches for Peron, helping him to seem like the sole leader in the worker's movement.
Part 1: Why was it a good idea to have Evita read the speeches for Peron?
Part 2: Do you think that Peron should have read his own speeches and reached out to the people?
Part 3: How do you think Evita's presence changed the way that Peron was perceived?
Essay Topic 3
Eva was eventually taught proper manners as she continued to become more visible and active in politics.
Part 1: Why do you think Eva decided to become more active in the political affairs?
Part 2: Do you think that Eva was the right person to handle the political affairs that she did?
Part 3: How did Eva's actions impact Peron's influence in the country?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)