|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was given the post as the Private Presidential Secretary, which was seen as a poor choice?
2. In Argentina, the ________ class was formed by second and third generation immigrants.
3. The opposition to Peron's government painted the demonstration as a ___________ of Peron's followers.
4. Peron, Eva, and his advisers decided to go to a small island outside of __________ during the turbulent time.
5. In Peron's plan, he decided to set up a series of comprehensive _________ schemes to be implemented and a welfare state would also be created.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the given reasoning in the book of why Eva was invited to go along with Peron for the visit?
2. Why did Eva not end up going to London, even though it had been an arranged stop on her tour of Europe?
3. What happened on October 17th, which eventually led to Peron's release from prison?
4. What did people who opposed Colonel Peron think about him and his ability and power as a ruler?
5. How many children did Juan and Juana have and what were their names?
6. What was one of the reasons why Eva caused quite a stir when she visited Europe, though she also increased public interest?
7. What did Evita refuse to do when she was then the president's wife?
8. What did Peron do in response to the earthquake that destroyed the town of San Juan?
9. What did Colonel Peron have to say about his opponent, Braden, when they were running for President?
10. What was the result of the presidential election, leading to a new era in the Argentinian government, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peron wanted to give more power and rights to the working classes, even though others might have wanted to squash the unions.
Part 1: What is the positive result of supporting the working class?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for the working classes to have more power?
Part 3: Why do you think that Peron decide that he needed to support the workers?
Essay Topic 2
Evita's death became something that was witnessed by the entire country, as she did not hide away as she got sicker.
Part 1: Why do you think Eva did not want to hide her illness?
Part 2: Do you think the country might have fared better if she had hidden her illness from others?
Part 3: How do you think you might have reacted if you saw a leader begin to die before your eyes?
Essay Topic 3
Over time, Peron became more of a dictator, which caused him to be removed from office in 1955.
Part 1: Why do you think that Peron began to act like more of a dictator?
Part 2: Do you think that Peron needed to take more control of the country?
Part 3: How do you think the country might have fared if Peron had stuck to his democratic promises?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)