|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As World War II ended, it seems as though Argentina was going to be torn apart by ______________.
2. Eventually, the _______ party decided to support Peron as he began to run for office in Argentina.
3. Peron was often seen as a _________, though he rarely wielded the power that he might have been able to use.
4. Working as a/an ___________ at the acting jobs was often expensive and only for girls of lower classes.
5. Who began to speak of their history in vague terms once they were married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was interesting about the way that the Spanish press covered the visit of Eva and Peron?
2. What was the given reasoning in the book of why Eva was invited to go along with Peron for the visit?
3. Why did Eva not end up going to London, even though it had been an arranged stop on her tour of Europe?
4. What did Eva do when Peron was giving many speeches to support the working class?
5. What did Eva's brother Juan do for her when he moved to Buenos Aires?
6. What did Eva do when Peron was in prison, though it caused a lot of uproar in the country?
7. What did people who opposed Colonel Peron think about him and his ability and power as a ruler?
8. Why did the Radical Party purportedly win the election in 1912, unlike in other elections before?
9. What was the result of the presidential election, leading to a new era in the Argentinian government, according to the book?
10. Why did the workers celebrate their victory after the release of Colonel Peron, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people in Argentina rallied behind Peron and even walked out of work for one entire day.
Part 1: Why do you think people rallied behind Peron's ideas?
Part 2: Do you think it's always a good idea for people to rally behind one leader?
Part 3: What do you think might happen today if no one went to work for one day in the United States?
Essay Topic 2
Over time, Peron became more of a dictator, which caused him to be removed from office in 1955.
Part 1: Why do you think that Peron began to act like more of a dictator?
Part 2: Do you think that Peron needed to take more control of the country?
Part 3: How do you think the country might have fared if Peron had stuck to his democratic promises?
Essay Topic 3
Peron eventually had to resign, and he left the country for an island just outside of Buenos Aires.
Part 1: Why do you think that Person was forced to resign?
Part 2: Do you think the resignation might have been helpful to him instead of harmful?
Part 3: What do you think Peron was able to do when he was not actively in charge that he could not do when he was in charge?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)