|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters did Eva's father have before she was born into the family?
2. ________ often had fits of rage that her family could not understand, after the funeral.
3. Eva eventually became one of the highest paid __________ of the period.
4. Who began to speak of their history in vague terms once they were married?
5. Working as a/an ___________ at the acting jobs was often expensive and only for girls of lower classes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Evita refuse to do when she was then the president's wife?
2. What did Eva do when Peron was giving many speeches to support the working class?
3. What happened to Eva's father at the start of her life, which influenced her later on?
4. Why did the workers celebrate their victory after the release of Colonel Peron, according to the book?
5. What did Colonel Peron have to say about his opponent, Braden, when they were running for President?
6. What happened as a result of the military coup that directly impacted Evita during this time?
7. What happened as a result of the military government not getting the support it needed?
8. What was Argentina's position during World War II?
9. What happened in March 1945 that caused many people in Argentina to feel betrayed?
10. What did Eva's brother Juan do for her when he moved to Buenos Aires?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evita began to give the speeches for Peron, helping him to seem like the sole leader in the worker's movement.
Part 1: Why was it a good idea to have Evita read the speeches for Peron?
Part 2: Do you think that Peron should have read his own speeches and reached out to the people?
Part 3: How do you think Evita's presence changed the way that Peron was perceived?
Essay Topic 2
Eva was eventually taught proper manners as she continued to become more visible and active in politics.
Part 1: Why do you think Eva decided to become more active in the political affairs?
Part 2: Do you think that Eva was the right person to handle the political affairs that she did?
Part 3: How did Eva's actions impact Peron's influence in the country?
Essay Topic 3
Eva began to grow in popularity as an actress and as a radio actress, even though she began to hide her past.
Part 1: Do you think that Eva should have hidden her past?
Part 2: Why do you think Eva was so keen to hide where she was from?
Part 3: How do you think hiding your own past might impact your future?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)