|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ said that he was the representative of an alliance between the Communists and the Oligarchs.
2. Which of Eva's siblings also came with her on the trip to Europe?
3. What is NOT one of the names of the children that Juana and Duarte had together?
4. Which government had invited Eva to visit them in a non-official capacity?
5. Which ground won the elections through fraud in 1932 and in 1939?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of the presidential election, leading to a new era in the Argentinian government, according to the book?
2. Why did the Radical Party purportedly win the election in 1912, unlike in other elections before?
3. What made Peron different from the other Argentinian leaders, according to the book?
4. What did the opposition have to say about the victory of the workers and the release of Peron?
5. What happened to Eva's father at the start of her life, which influenced her later on?
6. What did Peron not have when he entered into the presidential campaign, according to the book?
7. Where was Eva Marie Duarte born, according to the start of the book?
8. What happened as a result of the military coup that directly impacted Evita during this time?
9. What was the original reason why Eva was going to go to Europe in 1947, according to the book?
10. What did Eva's brother Juan do for her when he moved to Buenos Aires?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peron wanted to give more power and rights to the working classes, even though others might have wanted to squash the unions.
Part 1: What is the positive result of supporting the working class?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for the working classes to have more power?
Part 3: Why do you think that Peron decide that he needed to support the workers?
Essay Topic 2
While Eva was dressed up and was extravagant, people in Europe were impoverished.
Part 1: Do you think the Eva should have dressed like the people of the time?
Part 2: How do you think you would perceive a powerful figure if they were dressed in casual clothing?
Part 3: Why do you think that Eva was still seen as being an interesting figure?
Essay Topic 3
Eva was eventually taught proper manners as she continued to become more visible and active in politics.
Part 1: Why do you think Eva decided to become more active in the political affairs?
Part 2: Do you think that Eva was the right person to handle the political affairs that she did?
Part 3: How did Eva's actions impact Peron's influence in the country?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)