|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moved to Buenos Aires in order to help Eva organize her own acting troupe?
2. Peron decided to promise ________ to the people, even as he was leaving his office at the time.
(a) Lower wages.
(b) More medical benefits.
(c) Lower working hours.
(d) Higher wages.
3. __________ said that he was the representative of an alliance between the Communists and the Oligarchs.
4. What was the profession of Peron's first wife who died during his time in office?
(c) She didn't work.
5. Working as a/an ___________ at the acting jobs was often expensive and only for girls of lower classes.
(d) Radio host.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eva carry for the event in which money was to be raised to help the struggling city?
2. Eva fell in love with ________ clothing and began to dress extravagantly when she was on the trip.
3. In the beginning of ________, Eva's father decided that he wasn't interested in fathering, so he left the family.
4. Who got a job in a town that was twenty miles away so the family had to move?
5. Peron, Eva, and his advisers decided to go to a small island outside of __________ during the turbulent time.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the ways that Colonel Peron supported the worked in his role as the Secretary of Labor?
2. What did Eva do when Peron was in prison, though it caused a lot of uproar in the country?
3. What allegedly happened with the tango singer that caused Evita to want a new life for herself?
4. What did Evita refuse to do when she was then the president's wife?
5. What were the classes that made up Buenos Aires when Eva moved there as a younger girl?
6. Why did Eva not end up going to London, even though it had been an arranged stop on her tour of Europe?
7. What did Eva need her mother for as she began to grow interested in becoming an actress?
8. What happened in March 1945 that caused many people in Argentina to feel betrayed?
9. What did Peron do in response to the earthquake that destroyed the town of San Juan?
10. What was the given reasoning in the book of why Eva was invited to go along with Peron for the visit?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)