|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peron was forced to _________ because his actions had proven to be so divisive, causing the military government to react.
(a) Take office.
(b) Change offices.
(d) Move away.
2. What was restricted by the controlling government in Argentina, affecting Eva at the time?
(a) Travel rules.
(b) Health care.
(c) Food supply.
3. Peron, Eva, and his advisers decided to go to a small island outside of __________ during the turbulent time.
(a) Buenos Aires.
(d) New York.
4. Peron began to realize that European ________ were in their decline, as did many Europeans in 1942.
5. What job did Eva's father leave her mother for, according to the book?
(a) Estate manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason that Peron's first wife died and left him a widower?
2. In Argentina, the ________ class was formed by second and third generation immigrants.
3. Eva appeared in a few magazines and played some roles on popular radio show _____________.
4. A massive __________ by all the parties but the military government and Peronists showed the military government had little support.
5. What did Eva lose when Peron was finally taken out of the government by force?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the five-year plan that Peron introduced in order to help Argentina?
2. What was the original reason why Eva was going to go to Europe in 1947, according to the book?
3. What happened to the people who opposed the oligarchy at this time in Argentina?
4. Why did the Radical Party purportedly win the election in 1912, unlike in other elections before?
5. What did Eva do when Peron was giving many speeches to support the working class?
6. What did Peron do in response to the earthquake that destroyed the town of San Juan?
7. What happened to Eva's father at the start of her life, which influenced her later on?
8. What was the result of the presidential election, leading to a new era in the Argentinian government, according to the book?
9. What did Peron not have when he entered into the presidential campaign, according to the book?
10. What made Peron different from the other Argentinian leaders, according to the book?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)