|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to leave Everyman when he is ready for his reckoning?
2. What does Death say has made up Everyman’s life?
3. How does Everyman feel when he begins his journey?
4. Why were the people given another chance?
5. What do the new friends say they will NOT do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kindred not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
2. How does Everyman feel about why Goods was sent to Earth and why?
3. Why is Fellowship not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
4. What are some of the reasons Everyman gives for Death’s visit to be unfair?
5. What kind of play is this, and what does this genre entail?
6. Where would this play have been performed and why?
7. What does this play reveal about the status of society at this time in history?
8. What does Death do when Everyman tries to bribe him?
9. What has caused Good Deeds’s appearance when she first appears in this book?
10. Why does Death say Everyman must die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good Deeds changes a great deal in this book. What are some of these changes and how do they come about?
Essay Topic 2
Everyman feels betrayed by some important parts of his life. Who does he feel has betrayed him and why?
Essay Topic 3
Five Wits is one of the friends helping Everyman in his journey. How does he do this, and how is this help different than what is offered by the other friends?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)