|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Adam important in this play?
2. Who does Death say Everyman will have to answer for?
3. How does Everyman feel when the first of his friends leaves him when he is ready for his reckoning?
4. Who is the second friend to leave Everyman when he is ready for his reckoning?
5. Who is the last character to speak in this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sent Goods to Earth?
2. Why is Kindred not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
3. Why does Everyman hope he can come back to Earth after his death?
4. How does Everyman feel when Death approaches him?
5. How is the beginning of the world described in this play?
6. Why is Fellowship not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
7. How does Everyman feel about Fellowship before asking him for help?
8. How does Everyman feel about Fellowship after asking him for help?
9. What is Death’s task in this play?
10. How does Death feel about Everyman when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some warnings about priests are given in this play. What are these warnings, and how valid are they in this day and age?
Essay Topic 2
The doctor has an interesting role in this play. What is this role, and how does he accomplish it?
Essay Topic 3
Fellowship is not able to help Everyman. Why is this, and what does this teach us?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)