|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Death say Everyman will have to answer to?
2. How is love of money described in this play?
3. What book is referenced by the messenger?
4. Why does Everyman have to face God?
5. Who does this play say priests should be role models for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the audience told to do at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Death say when he learns Everyman hopes to come back to Earth after his death?
3. Why does Death say Everyman must die?
4. How is the gift from God for all men obtained?
5. What does this play reveal about the status of society at this time in history?
6. How is Good Deeds different from the other friends Everyman goes to for help?
7. How is Everyman described when we first meet him in the play?
8. What do most people think about most in life, according to this play?
9. How does Everyman feel about Kindred before asking him for help?
10. Why is God upset with the people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Everyman feels betrayed by some important parts of his life. Who does he feel has betrayed him and why?
Essay Topic 2
Some warnings about priests are given in this play. What are these warnings, and how valid are they in this day and age?
Essay Topic 3
The author places some information about the Sacraments throughout this book for us. Why do you think he did that, and how did this affect the pace of the book?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)