|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Everyman ask Death for?
2. Why does Goods say he was sent to Earth?
3. Who is the second person to speak in this play?
4. Who hears someone making way for Everyman when he dies?
5. How is wealth described at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do most people think about most in life, according to this play?
2. How does Everyman feel about Fellowship before asking him for help?
3. How does this play make God seem?
4. What does Death do when Everyman tries to bribe him?
5. What does Fellowship do when Everyman asks him for help?
6. How is Good Deeds different from the other friends Everyman goes to for help?
7. How does Everyman feel about Kindred after asking him for help?
8. What is the audience told about sin?
9. Why is Goods not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
10. What does Death say when he learns Everyman hopes to come back to Earth after his death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author places some information about the Sacraments throughout this book for us. Why do you think he did that, and how did this affect the pace of the book?
Essay Topic 2
The Sacraments are required for all Catholics at least once. Why do you think this is? What did these Sacraments do for Everyman?
Essay Topic 3
Good Deeds changes a great deal in this book. What are some of these changes and how do they come about?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)