|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Death tell Everyman to find?
2. How does Everyman feel when the first of his friends leaves him when he is ready for his reckoning?
3. Who is the first friend Everyman goes to for help?
4. Where is Confession located?
5. Why were these plays used to teach people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Everyman hope he can come back to Earth after his death?
2. Why is Goods not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
3. Why was Goods sent to Earth?
4. How does Everyman try to bribe Death?
5. How is Good Deeds different from the other friends Everyman goes to for help?
6. What is ironic about Everyman praying to God to escape Death?
7. How does Everyman feel about Kindred after asking him for help?
8. What does Everyman beg Death for, and why?
9. What has caused Good Deeds’s appearance when she first appears in this book?
10. What does Kindred do when Everyman asks him for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good Deeds changes a great deal in this book. What are some of these changes and how do they come about?
Essay Topic 2
The doctor has an interesting role in this play. What is this role, and how does he accomplish it?
Essay Topic 3
Everyman had many high and lofty goals in life. How did he go about achieving these?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)