|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the most educated men at the time this play was written?
2. When does Knowledge say he will leave Everyman?
3. Why should men never put off salvation?
4. What causes men to not want to sin anymore?
5. When does Everyman say he will call on his new friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goods do when Everyman asks him for help?
2. How is this play introduced?
3. What are some of the reasons Everyman gives for Death’s visit to be unfair?
4. How does Good Deeds change in appearance through this play?
5. What is ironic about Everyman praying to God to escape Death?
6. What does Fellowship do when Everyman asks him for help?
7. What does Death do when Everyman says Death’s coming is unfair?
8. What does Death say Everyman was crazy to do?
9. What is the audience told to do at the beginning of the play?
10. What does Everyman beg Death for, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Beauty is one of the companions on the journey. How does she go about helping Everyman on the journey?
Essay Topic 2
Good Deeds changes a great deal in this book. What are some of these changes and how do they come about?
Essay Topic 3
This play is a morality play. What does this mean, and how does this play fit into this unique genre?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)