|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Everyman need Fellowship to prove?
(a) That Everyman is worthy of God
(b) That it is not time for him to die
(c) That he has been a good friend
(d) That he has overcome Adam’s sin
2. What does Everyman ask Death to do after his reckoning?
(a) Help his family
(b) Bring him back to Earth
(c) Lead him
(d) Defend him
3. What helps Everyman to lose desire for something as he begins his journey?
(a) His new friends
(b) The Confession
(c) The assurance from Knowledge
(d) His broader perspective
4. What personality trait does this play show God has?
5. What kind of people do some priests set bad examples for?
(b) The righteous
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second friend to leave Everyman when he is ready for his reckoning?
2. What do people on Earth keep forgetting about?
3. How was the world when it was first created?
4. What does Goods say caused Everyman to commit many of his sins?
5. How does Everyman feel when he begins his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the friends who help Everyman in his journey?
2. How does Everyman feel about Kindred after asking him for help?
3. What does Fellowship do when Everyman asks him for help?
4. How is Everyman described when we first meet him in the play?
5. What does Kindred do when Everyman asks him for help?
6. What is Death’s response to Everyman’s pleas to him?
7. What is ironic about Everyman praying to God to escape Death?
8. What do most people think about most in life, according to this play?
9. How is this play introduced?
10. Why does Everyman hope he can come back to Earth after his death?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)