|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was this play meant to be seen by?
2. What worries Everyman after he talks with Death?
(a) His life has been filled with bad deeds
(b) God doesn’t hear his prayers
(c) His family lives the way he does
(d) The riches he has made must be left behind
3. Which of these is NOT one of the Sacraments?
(b) Cleansing and Anointing
(d) The Blood and the Flesh
4. What must man do to enter Heaven?
(a) Go to church
(b) Ask God for forgiveness
(c) Live a good life
(d) Be baptized
5. How does Everyman feel when he begins his journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the people given another chance?
2. Why does Everyman tell Death it is unfair for him to leave now?
3. Who rebukes Everyman for thinking priests are above someone?
4. What does Kindred offer Everyman to help him?
5. What is the death of Christ called by most religions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Everyman beg Death for, and why?
2. What does Knowledge tell Everyman to do?
3. Why is Fellowship not able to do what Everyman asked of him?
4. How is the beginning of the world described in this play?
5. Why was this play written?
6. Why does God call on death?
7. What is the structure of this play?
8. What is the audience told to do at the beginning of the play?
9. How is Good Deeds different from the other friends Everyman goes to for help?
10. Why is God upset with the people?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)