|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Everyman go when he dies?
2. What kind of judgment is Everyman told to live by?
(a) No judgment at all
(b) Fair Judgment
(c) Religious Judgment
(d) Good judgment
3. What does Everyman lose desire for as he begins his journey?
(b) All of these
4. What does Everyman have a hard time believing after his sacraments?
(a) That Fellowship can be trusted
(b) That he can really be forgiven
(c) That Good Deeds is stronger now
(d) That angels are powerful
5. What does Everyman need Fellowship to prove?
(a) That it is not time for him to die
(b) That he has overcome Adam’s sin
(c) That Everyman is worthy of God
(d) That he has been a good friend
6. What question does Death have for Everyman?
(a) What right have you?
(b) Where have you gone?
(c) How could you forget?
(d) Have you forgotten your maker?
7. How many times is the death of Christ described in this play?
8. What does Everyman tell Death he is unprepared for?
(a) Leaving his family
(b) Reckoning with God
(d) Defending his actions
9. Why does Death mock Everyman when he prays to God to avoid Death?
(a) He has never prayed before
(b) He doesn’t know who to pray to
(c) God is the one who sent Death
(d) God doesn’t hear prayers
10. How does Knowledge respond at first when Everyman asks him for help?
(a) He is very rude
(b) He ignores Everyman
(c) He yells at Everyman
(d) He agrees to help
11. Who is Everyman symbolic of?
(a) Common men
(b) All men on Earth
(c) Church members
12. How was the world when it was first created?
13. Who gives the priests their power?
(b) The Spirit
14. Why was God crucified?
(a) To obey the law
(b) To gain allegiance
(c) To defeat the Devil
(d) To save men from their sins
15. What is the last Sacrament?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to leave Everyman when he is ready for his reckoning?
2. How does Everyman feel when he finishes his sacraments?
3. What is the first thing Everyman does that makes Good Deeds stronger?
4. What does Goods want to kill?
5. What causes men to not want to sin anymore?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)