|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first friend Everyman goes to for help?
2. What does Everyman think after talking to Kindred and Fellowship?
(a) He sees the truth of things now
(b) He can’t believe he considered them friends
(c) He is a lucky man
(d) He is more scared than ever
3. Why does Death mock Everyman when he prays to God to avoid Death?
(a) He doesn’t know who to pray to
(b) God doesn’t hear prayers
(c) God is the one who sent Death
(d) He has never prayed before
4. How does Kindred offer to help Everyman just before he leaves?
(a) Find someone else to go with him
(b) Lie for him
(c) Hide him
(d) Give him money
5. Where is this play set?
6. Who says they will be willing to seek out revenge for Everyman?
(a) Five Wits
7. What does Confession warn Everyman of?
(a) The journey will be hard
(b) Death hates him
(c) He is still being tempted
(d) Good Deeds might fail him
8. Who is the second friend Everyman goes to for help?
9. What does the messenger say happens to things of the world that make us happy?
(a) They fade
(b) They make life worth living
(c) They take away from God
(d) They turn to sin
10. What does Five Wits say about the bad things said about Priests?
(a) He ignores what is said
(b) He denies them
(c) He admits they are true
(d) He says the report is exaggerated
11. What country was Everyman born in?
12. What must men have knowledge of to get into Heaven?
(a) Good Deeds
(c) Their sins
(d) The church
13. Who is the only person who can really forgive Everyman?
(a) A priest
(b) The angels
14. Why does Everyman ask Jesus for help?
(a) Because his friends are leaving him
(b) Because he is reminded of his past
(c) Because he doesn’t trust his Priest
(d) Because he is ready for his reckoning
15. How does Knowledge respond at first when Everyman asks him for help?
(a) He agrees to help
(b) He is very rude
(c) He ignores Everyman
(d) He yells at Everyman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Everyman accuse Goods of?
2. Why does Everyman go and see Knowledge?
3. Who wrote this play?
4. Why were these plays used to teach people?
5. Who does Confession say will be stronger if Everyman takes his journey?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)