|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Death have for Everyman?
(a) What right have you?
(b) How could you forget?
(c) Where have you gone?
(d) Have you forgotten your maker?
2. Who is the first person to speak in this play?
(a) The Messenger
3. What does Goods say caused Everyman to commit many of his sins?
4. Who does the messenger talk to at the beginning of the play?
(d) The audience
5. Who does God want to partake of his gift?
(a) The righteous few
(b) The sinners
(d) His children
6. How many Sacraments are there?
7. What religion was followed when this book was written?
(b) The Church of England
(c) Roman Catholic
8. What does Everyman accuse Goods of?
(a) Failing his job
(b) Ruining the world
(c) Deceiving him
(d) Creating chaos
9. What does Death plan to do with Everyman?
(a) Bring him before the Lord
(b) Scare him
(c) Torture him
(d) Comfort him
10. Which of the companions stays with Everyman to the very end?
(a) Good Deeds
11. What does Death say has made up Everyman’s life?
(a) Equal bad and good
(b) No good at all
(c) More bad than good
(d) More good than bad
12. Who is the second friend Everyman goes to for help?
13. What does Everyman have a hard time believing after his sacraments?
(a) That Fellowship can be trusted
(b) That Good Deeds is stronger now
(c) That he can really be forgiven
(d) That angels are powerful
14. Where does Everyman go when he dies?
15. What does Everyman ask Death for?
(a) A quick change
(b) A lack of pain
(d) More time
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Death mock Everyman when he prays to God to avoid Death?
2. What does Five Wits say Priests should teach?
3. Why does Good Deeds wonder if she will make a difference for Everyman?
4. Who recites the moral of the play?
5. Why does Goods say he was sent to Earth?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)