|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kindred offer to help Everyman just before he leaves?
(a) Hide him
(b) Find someone else to go with him
(c) Give him money
(d) Lie for him
2. What does Everyman have a hard time believing after his sacraments?
(a) That he can really be forgiven
(b) That Good Deeds is stronger now
(c) That Fellowship can be trusted
(d) That angels are powerful
3. Who takes Everyman to see Confession?
(b) Good Deeds
(d) Five Wits
4. Why is there only one person who can really forgive Everyman?
(a) That is the one who paid the price for sin
(b) That is the person who has God’s power
(c) That is the law of Heaven
(d) That is the one who watches all sins
5. How many times is the death of Christ described in this play?
6. What does this play say God wants to do for men?
(a) Punish them
(b) Forgive them
(c) Save them
(d) All of the above
7. What book is referenced by the messenger?
(a) The Bible
(b) The Book of Life
(c) The Book of Laws
(d) The New Testament
8. What worries Everyman after he talks with Death?
(a) The riches he has made must be left behind
(b) His family lives the way he does
(c) God doesn’t hear his prayers
(d) His life has been filled with bad deeds
9. What kind of play is this?
(a) Morality Play
(b) Melodramatic Play
(c) Rhyming Play
(d) Religious Play
10. What does Everyman have to show God?
(a) His bad deeds
(b) All of the above
(c) His intentions
(d) His good deeds
11. Why does Death tell Everyman to find something?
(a) To offer a sacrifice
(b) To prove him worthy of Heaven
(c) To cover his nakedness
(d) To better submit to God’s will
12. What does Death say Everyman is living outside of?
(a) His soul’s desires
(b) His conscience
(c) The original plan
(d) The laws of God
13. Who says he would be willing to kill someone for Everyman?
14. What does Death plan to do with Everyman?
(a) Comfort him
(b) Torture him
(c) Bring him before the Lord
(d) Scare him
15. Who does Death say Everyman will have to answer to?
(b) Good Deeds
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recites the moral of the play?
2. How does Everyman feel when Fellowship says he would die for Everyman?
3. How does Everyman feel when he hears why Death has come to him?
4. What do the new friends say they will NOT do?
5. Why is Adam important in this play?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)