|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Everyman ask Jesus for help?
(a) Because he is ready for his reckoning
(b) Because he is reminded of his past
(c) Because he doesn’t trust his Priest
(d) Because his friends are leaving him
2. How does Kindred offer to help Everyman just before he leaves?
(a) Lie for him
(b) Hide him
(c) Find someone else to go with him
(d) Give him money
3. Who should Good Deeds be done for?
(b) Other people
(d) Friends and family
4. Where does Everyman go when he dies?
5. What does Everyman lose desire for as he begins his journey?
(a) All of these
6. What does Knowledge offer to do for Everyman?
(a) Guide him on his journey
(b) Distract Death
(c) Give him a lecture
(d) Give him money
7. Who is the last character to speak in this play?
(a) The author
(b) The angel
(c) The doctor
(d) The messenger
8. What does Death tell Everyman when he is asked to do something after the reckoning?
(a) There is no reason for him to fret
(b) No mortal can ever return
(c) He has no authority
(d) He will be there for him at every step
9. What do the new friends say they will NOT do?
(a) Leave Everyman
(b) Defend Everyman
(c) Persuade Everyman
(d) Stay with Everyman
10. Why was God crucified?
(a) To save men from their sins
(b) To gain allegiance
(c) To obey the law
(d) To defeat the Devil
11. Who is able to escape death, according to this play?
(b) The righteous
12. What help does God need?
(a) Punishing the wicked
(b) Creating a path of repentance
(c) Bringing men to reckoning
(d) Creating a new world
13. What does Confession warn Everyman of?
(a) He is still being tempted
(b) Good Deeds might fail him
(c) The journey will be hard
(d) Death hates him
14. Why is there only one person who can really forgive Everyman?
(a) That is the person who has God’s power
(b) That is the law of Heaven
(c) That is the one who paid the price for sin
(d) That is the one who watches all sins
15. What does Everyman ask Death for?
(a) A lack of pain
(c) A quick change
(d) More time
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second friend Everyman goes to for help?
2. Why does Everyman ask Good Deeds for help?
3. Who is the only person who can really forgive Everyman?
4. Who volunteers to do lustful things with Everyman?
5. What does Five Wits say Priests should teach?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)