|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the world when it was first created?
2. What does Everyman lose desire for as he begins his journey?
(c) All of these
3. How does Everyman feel when the first of his friends leaves him when he is ready for his reckoning?
4. Why were the people given another chance?
(a) They were righteous
(b) They prayed for one
(c) They were loved by God
(d) They had no hope
5. How does Knowledge respond at first when Everyman asks him for help?
(a) He ignores Everyman
(b) He agrees to help
(c) He is very rude
(d) He yells at Everyman
6. What helps Everyman to lose desire for something as he begins his journey?
(a) His broader perspective
(b) The Confession
(c) His new friends
(d) The assurance from Knowledge
7. How does Everyman feel when he begins his journey?
8. How many times is the death of Christ described in this play?
9. What causes men to not want to sin anymore?
(a) Reading the scriptures
(b) Building a relationship with God
(c) Watching family members suffer
(d) Seeing their sins for what they are
10. What must man do to enter Heaven?
(a) Be baptized
(b) Ask God for forgiveness
(c) Live a good life
(d) Go to church
11. What keeps Everyman from fully trusting others?
(a) His friends keep leaving him
(b) He knows they are mortal
(c) He hasn’t known very many good people
(d) He thinks everyone might be like him
12. Who created man, according to this play?
(a) Mother Earth
(d) None of the above
13. Why does Good Deeds wonder if she will make a difference for Everyman?
(a) She is very weak
(b) She is not familiar to most
(c) She is alone
(d) She is very old
14. Who does Death say Everyman is living for?
15. Where is this play set?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Everyman ask Death for?
2. What religion was followed when this book was written?
3. What does Everyman tell Death he is unprepared for?
4. What personality trait does this play show God has?
5. Who officiates in Holy Sacraments?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)