|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where could Sissy spy a likeness in the distance in Chapter 46?
(a) Bison Pass.
(b) Siwash Ridge.
(c) Granges Point.
(d) Siwani Ridge.
2. In Chapter 45, Robbins writes that the cow milk molecule is how many times larger than the molecule of mother's milk?
(a) One hundred.
(b) One thousand.
3. What is the outhouse radio playing in the beginning of Chapter 33?
(a) "Lonesome Road."
(b) "The Starving Armenians Polka."
(c) "Stand By Your Man."
(d) "The Cowboy Opera."
4. Where had Sissy previously encountered the man varnishing furniture, in Chapter 46?
5. In Chapter 28, the author writes, "The Chink is right: life is essentially _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bonanza Jellybean the first time she heard about Sissy?
2. Who hosts the party that Sissy is invited to in Chapter 11?
3. Richmond is referred to by the author in Chapter 11 as not a city at all but the world's largest what?
4. What tribe of Native Americans does Sissy supposedly have in her ancestry?
5. What is the name of the palm reader that Sissy's mother takes her to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the marriage of Sissy and Julian. What compromises are in place?
2. What is the relationship between Delores and Sissy and the other cowgirls in Part Three of the novel?
3. How much time has elapsed between Parts One and Two of the novel? What has taken place in the interim?
4. How does Sissy come to be arrested in Chapters 11-16?
5. Why does the Countess come to see Sissy and Julian after their marriage in Part Two?
6. What does Jellybean tell Sissy of the other cowgirls' backgrounds in Part Three?
7. What history of the area does Mrs. Schrieber give Sissy in Chapter 32?
8. How does the Countess react to the cowgirls' accusations in Part Three? What conflict takes place?
9. From where are gunshots heard on the ranch in Part Three? What has taken place?
10. Why is Sissy trapped in a dress in Part Two of the novel? What does she do?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)