|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bonanza Jellybean closing the goat cheese deal in Chapter 34?
(d) St. Louis.
2. What language are the passing Indians chanting, in Chapter 17?
3. Whose photograph is in the outhouse of the Rubber Rose Ranch?
(a) Dale Evans'.
(b) John Wayne's.
(c) Shirley Temple's.
(d) Joan Crawford's.
4. What does Robbins write that the moon vibrations sounded like when converted to sound waves?
5. What grade did Sissy get in home economics in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Countess first spot Sissy Hankshaw?
2. Who does the Countess suspect is behind the new warnings on his products?
3. The normal temperature of a hummingbird is what?
4. Where was the Countess born?
5. What does the Countess say is the real name of Bonanza Jellybean in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the marriage of Sissy and Julian. What compromises are in place?
2. Who arrives to pick up Sissy in Chapter 33? How does she greet Sissy?
3. What does Bonanza Jellybean invite Sissy to crash with the cowgirls in Part Three? What takes place?
4. What history of the area does Mrs. Schrieber give Sissy in Chapter 32?
5. What does Sissy think of her first experiences hitchhiking? Why?
6. How do Sissy and Bonanza Jellybean regard each other upon their meeting in Part Three of Even Cowgirls Get the Blues?
7. Describe the character of Sissy Hawshank and what makes her character stand out amongst the others in Even Cowgirls Get the Blues.
8. What does Miss Adrian tell Sissy of the problems on the ranch after her arrival in Part Three?
9. Why is Sissy trapped in a dress in Part Two of the novel? What does she do?
10. What does the district attorney pressure the courts on regarding Sissy in Chapters 11-16?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)