|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose photograph is in the outhouse of the Rubber Rose Ranch?
(a) Joan Crawford's.
(b) Shirley Temple's.
(c) John Wayne's.
(d) Dale Evans'.
2. What tribe of Native Americans does Sissy supposedly have in her ancestry?
3. Who is the Countess going to visit in the Hamptons in Chapter 20?
(c) Johnny Carson.
4. What does Robbins describe as the protagonist's "way of life" and calling?
(d) Sheep rustling.
5. Who does Sissy say got close to taking her virginity in Chapter 20?
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Edward Mailer.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car pulls up by Sissy in Chapter 39?
2. Who always complains at the ranch meetings about the quality and quantity of the food?
3. In Chapter 28, the author writes, "The Chink is right: life is essentially _____."
4. Who does Sissy go to the costume party dressed as in Chapter 11?
5. Robbins writes that Sissy grew up during the what years, in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the marriage of Sissy and Julian. What compromises are in place?
2. How does Sissy respond to her incident at the soiree in Chapters 11-16? What are her parents' reactions to Sissy's predicament?
3. How does Julian react to Sissy upon their meeting? What does this foreshadow about his character?
4. What do the cowgirls tell Sissy about the Chink in Part Three?
5. What is noteworthy about the Countess in regard to his view of women?
6. What does Bonanza Jellybean invite Sissy to crash with the cowgirls in Part Three? What takes place?
7. How much time has elapsed between Parts One and Two of the novel? What has taken place in the interim?
8. Why is Sissy trapped in a dress in Part Two of the novel? What does she do?
9. What does Jellybean tell Sissy of the other cowgirls' backgrounds in Part Three?
10. How is Sissy's view of her "deformity" different from those of the other characters in Chapter 16?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)