|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street in New York is the Museum of the American Indian that Sissy and Julian visit?
(a) 120th Street.
(c) 155th Street.
(d) 5th Avenue.
2. Robbins writes in Chapter 34 that a sentence of lead "gives a reader an entirely different sensation from one made of" what?
3. Where did Sissy's aunt come to visit from, when Sissy was a girl, in Chapter 12?
4. Which character says in Chapter 32, "you can tune a guitar but you can't tuna fish"?
5. What grade did Sissy get in home economics in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the amoeba discovered?
2. What chemical does Dolores tell the women in the class is in Dew spray mist in Chapter 44?
3. Sissy tells the Countess in Chapter 18 that she was in a grocery store buying candy and the next thing she knew she was approaching what?
4. Where could Sissy spy a likeness in the distance in Chapter 46?
5. The normal temperature of a hummingbird is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Countess come to see Sissy and Julian after their marriage in Part Two?
2. Why is Sissy trapped in a dress in Part Two of the novel? What does she do?
3. What problems is the Countess having with the cowgirls in Part Two that he asks Sissy for assistance with?
4. What does Sissy think of her first experiences hitchhiking? Why?
5. What happens at the party that Sissy attends in Chapter 11?
6. What does the district attorney pressure the courts on regarding Sissy in Chapters 11-16?
7. How does Sissy react to Madame Zoe? How does Madame Zoe react to Sissy?
8. What is Sissy's principle "rule of the road"? How do others react to her rules?
9. How does Julian react to Sissy upon their meeting? What does this foreshadow about his character?
10. What about Sissy does Julian find embarrassing? What in their relationship makes up for this?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)