|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Big Red?
2. What does Robbins write are the easiest creatures to hypnotize on earth?
3. Who is the woman that Sissy asks for directions in Chapter 36?
(a) Mrs. Benson.
(b) Mrs. Schreiber.
(c) Mrs. Danbury.
(d) Miss Paul.
4. Who is witness to Julian and Sissy's wedding?
(a) The Countess.
(c) Jackson Pollack.
(d) Bonanza Jellybean.
5. What is Julian's last name?
6. Who always complains at the ranch meetings about the quality and quantity of the food?
(c) Bonanza Jellybean.
(d) Big Red.
7. What does the Countess say is the real name of Bonanza Jellybean in Chapter 20?
(a) Sarah Rockefeller.
(b) Michelle Danbury.
(c) Sally Jones.
(d) Rachel Trampoli.
8. What language are the passing Indians chanting, in Chapter 17?
9. Where did Sissy grow up?
(a) Lexington, KY.
(b) Hot Springs, AR.
(c) Minisaw, VA.
(d) Richmond, VA.
10. What is the title of the Preface to Even Cowgirls Get the Blues?
(a) The Countess.
(b) Bonanza Jellybean.
(c) Single Cell Preface.
(d) The Rubber Rose Ranch.
11. What doctor does the author write was asked about Sissy in later years in Chapter 11?
(a) Dr. Powers.
(b) Dr. Dreyfus.
(c) Dr. Swatmar.
(d) Dr. King.
12. Where did the Countess first spot Sissy Hankshaw?
(a) Times Square.
(b) Central Park.
(c) New Mexico.
(d) The Empire State Building.
13. Robbins writes in Chapter 2, "The image of the clockworks tugs gently at the author's cuff, much as the ghost of ____ tugs at the linen tablecloths of certain restaurants."
(b) Pork fat.
(c) Heinz Mustard.
(d) Duncan Hines.
14. Robbins writes that Sissy grew up during the what years, in Chapter 11?
15. The first car that ever stopped for Sissy was a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Richmond is referred to by the author in Chapter 11 as not a city at all but the world's largest what?
2. What does the author write is the "only thing civilized man has produced that does not seem out of place in nature"?
3. What university did the Countess attend?
4. What is the name of the church where Julian and Sissy get married?
5. Who comes to the costume party dressed as Sissy in Chapter 11?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)