|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Countess tell Julian that creativity feeds on, in Chapter 27?
2. Where did Sissy grow up?
(a) Lexington, KY.
(b) Richmond, VA.
(c) Minisaw, VA.
(d) Hot Springs, AR.
3. Robbins writes in Chapter 35 that the trouble with seagulls is that they don't know whether they're what?
(a) Helpful or harmful.
(b) Cats or dogs.
(c) Honest or deceitful.
(d) Birds or rats.
4. What does the author write is the "only thing civilized man has produced that does not seem out of place in nature"?
(a) The pet rock.
(b) The wheel.
(c) The brown paper bag.
(d) The paper cup.
5. What does Robbins write is relative to velocity in Chapter 30?
6. What is Delores' full name?
(a) Delores Castana.
(b) Delores la Hacienda.
(c) Delores ban Ray.
(d) Delores del Ruby.
7. Where could Sissy spy a likeness in the distance in Chapter 46?
(a) Bison Pass.
(b) Siwash Ridge.
(c) Siwani Ridge.
(d) Granges Point.
8. Where did Sissy's aunt come to visit from, when Sissy was a girl, in Chapter 12?
9. Robbins writes in Chapter 38, "If little else, the brain is an ____ toy."
10. The author writes that the Eisenhower years and the fifties went together like what?
(a) Graveyards and werewolves.
(b) Peanut butter and jelly.
(c) Hi and Lois.
(d) Potatoes and cereal.
11. Gloria makes a comparison between Sissy's thumbs and what in Chapter 46?
(b) The Louisiana Purchase.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) The hunchback of Notre Dame.
12. What year is it in Chapter 13?
13. Where had Sissy previously encountered the man varnishing furniture, in Chapter 46?
14. In Chapter 28, the author writes, "The Chink is right: life is essentially _____."
15. Who comes to the costume party dressed as Sissy in Chapter 11?
(a) Gerald Kimble.
(b) Mark Seward.
(c) Johnny Jackson.
(d) Billy Seward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sissy say got close to taking her virginity in Chapter 20?
2. What fashion did the Countess believe Sissy to have inspired in the late 1960s?
3. What kind of class does Jellybean tell Sissy the girls are going to crash in Chapter 44?
4. Who is witness to Julian and Sissy's wedding?
5. What does Robbins write that the moon vibrations sounded like when converted to sound waves?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)