|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Sissy come to the ranch in Chapter 4?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
2. Who is the woman that Sissy asks for directions in Chapter 36?
(a) Mrs. Schreiber.
(b) Mrs. Danbury.
(c) Mrs. Benson.
(d) Miss Paul.
3. Where did Sissy's aunt come to visit from, when Sissy was a girl, in Chapter 12?
4. What does the author write is the "only thing civilized man has produced that does not seem out of place in nature"?
(a) The paper cup.
(b) The brown paper bag.
(c) The wheel.
(d) The pet rock.
5. The normal temperature of a hummingbird is what?
6. Where are "crimes against nature" to be confined at the ranch?
(a) The chicken coop.
(b) The hayloft.
(c) The alpaca pen.
(d) The back yard.
7. What month is it in Chapter 31, 9 months into the marriage of Sissy and Julian?
8. Where is Bonanza Jellybean closing the goat cheese deal in Chapter 34?
(a) St. Louis.
9. Whose photograph is in the outhouse of the Rubber Rose Ranch?
(a) Joan Crawford's.
(b) Dale Evans'.
(c) John Wayne's.
(d) Shirley Temple's.
10. What is in the center of the circle of cowgirls in the beginning of Chapter 44?
(a) A car.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cow.
(d) A goat.
11. Who is the Countess going to visit in the Hamptons in Chapter 20?
(b) Johnny Carson.
12. What chemical does Dolores tell the women in the class is in Dew spray mist in Chapter 44?
(a) Benzethonium Chloride.
(c) Sodium Dioxide.
(d) Clydomethrine Hydroxide.
13. What had Julian gotten rid of in sacrifice to his marriage?
(a) A Great Dane.
(b) A hamster.
(c) A chimpanzee.
(d) A poodle.
14. In what town is Sissy dropped off in Chapter 36?
(b) St. Peters.
15. What does Robbins call the "ace of the elements" in the Preface?
Short Answer Questions
1. What car pulls up by Sissy in Chapter 39?
2. Robbins writes in Chapter 2, "The image of the clockworks tugs gently at the author's cuff, much as the ghost of ____ tugs at the linen tablecloths of certain restaurants."
3. Which character says in Chapter 32, "you can tune a guitar but you can't tuna fish"?
4. All of the post offices that Sissy receives mail in are adjacent to what?
5. Where does Betty tell the author that she and her schoolmates ditched Sissy in Chapter 12?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)