|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Eva tell Huberto about her past relationship with Riad?
2. How does Eva come to meet Rolf?
3. How does the relationship of Rolf and Eva end up at the end of the story?
4. Why does Eva take a job in a factory?
5. What do the doctors suggest to help Zulema in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Zulema's emotional state in the start of Chapter 8?
2. How do Riad and Eva handle Zulema after Kamal's departure?
3. How has life changed for Melesio in Chapter 9?
4. What role do women in this story play in Eva's life?
5. What changes has Rolf gone through by Chapter 7?
6. What does Eva learn when she stops in at Agua Santa on her way to Santa Maria?
7. Overall, how would you say Eva has handled her misfortunes in life?
8. What purpose does the Universal Matter serve in Chapter 11?
9. How does the government respond to Rolf's film of the brutal murder of guerrilla prisoners?
10. How does Eva handle Colonel Rodriquez's interest in her in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Family is seen throughout the novel. Please compare and contrast Eva's family situation with Rolf's as a child. What effect did their family and upbringing have on Eva and Rolf as people?
Essay Topic 2
Sexuality is a theme throughout the story. Please provide three different examples of sexuality as a theme in the novel, explaining the impact this had on the characters involved, other characters, and/or plot line.
Essay Topic 3
Minor characters can be vital to story. Please explain what role minor characters play in a story. Choosing two minor characters found in Eva Luna, dissect these characters and explain why they can be seen as vital to the novel.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)