|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing about Rolf's childhood, how does Eva feel for him?
2. What omen is Eva struck with in Chapter 11?
3. What makes Eva see that Huberto is a terrorist?
4. How does Huberto recognize Eva when they run into each other in the city in Chapter 9?
5. How does Mimi contribute to Huberto's mission in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Mimi play in Huberto's plan to break out the prisoners?
2. What is Eva's relationship with Rolf like at the close of the story?
3. What type of leader does Rogelio seem to be?
4. How does Eva find Madrina and what does she try to do for her?
5. How does the novel resolve the many story lines and questions?
6. What is the political state of the country in Chapter 7?
7. What role do women in this story play in Eva's life?
8. How does the growing political unrest affect Huberto in Chapter 7?
9. What purpose does the Universal Matter serve in Chapter 11?
10. What is Zulema's emotional state in the start of Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting in this story plays a large part in the lives of the characters. Please explain the political and social situation of South America at the time this novel was set. How do the social and political tensions in South America affect the lives of the main characters in this novel--Huberto, Eva, Rolf?
Essay Topic 2
Who would you consider the protagonist(s) in Eva Luna and who/what are the main antagonists to this protagonist(s)? Please provide examples from the book showing how the interaction and relationships between the antagonist(s) and protagonist(s)? Do antagonist(s) and protagonist(s) always have to be living things (humans, animals)?
Essay Topic 3
Please explain what characterization is and why it is a vital part of a novel. Please choose one character from Eva Luna and summarize how the author used characterization in connecting the reader to this character.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)