|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Huberto to a meeting with the guerrillas?
2. Why has Rolf returned to the capital?
3. How does Mimi contribute to Huberto's mission in Chapter 11?
4. What has caused Zulema's death in Chapter 8?
5. How does the relationship of Rolf and Eva end up at the end of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What route does Rolf take to reach Huberto in Chapter 10?
2. What is Zulema's emotional state in the start of Chapter 8?
3. What role do women in this story play in Eva's life?
4. What is Eva's relationship with Rolf like at the close of the story?
5. How does the growing political unrest affect Huberto in Chapter 7?
6. How does the town respond to the lieutenant's treatment of and suspicion of Eva?
7. What revelations does Eva come to about Huberto that temporarily leave her angry with him?
8. What type of leader does Rogelio seem to be?
9. In Chapter 8, what does Eva learn has happened to Melesio?
10. How does the political unrest affect Eva and Santa Agua?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Character arcs are apparent in various characters throughout a story. Please explain what a character arc is and summarize Huberto's character arc. Please also explain what type of characters have character arcs and which do not.
Essay Topic 2
Women are prevalent in this journey as is their display of strength. Please explain in what ways the strength of women is shown in the novel. Note some of the more important roles women play in this novel and in the life of Eva, and please state whether you think feminism can be considered a theme in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Minor characters can be vital to story. Please explain what role minor characters play in a story. Choosing two minor characters found in Eva Luna, dissect these characters and explain why they can be seen as vital to the novel.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)