|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who detains Rolf in the capital at the end of the book?
2. Why does Eva take a job in a factory?
3. Which of the following is a result of political unrest that is starting in Chapter 7?
4. What is the name of the woman Eva meets in the church in Chapter 8?
5. By Chapter 8, how long has it been since Kamal left Agua Santa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the government respond to Rolf's film of the brutal murder of guerrilla prisoners?
2. What changes has Rolf gone through by Chapter 7?
3. What type of leader does Rogelio seem to be?
4. What is Mimi's experience with Colonel Rodriquez?
5. How has life changed for Melesio in Chapter 9?
6. What purpose does the Universal Matter serve in Chapter 11?
7. In Chapter 8, what does Eva learn has happened to Melesio?
8. What type of relationship do Huberto and Eva have in Chapter 9?
9. How does the growing political unrest affect Huberto in Chapter 7?
10. How does the town respond to the lieutenant's treatment of and suspicion of Eva?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eva grew up for the most part without her mother but was lucky enough to have women step into her life to help raise her. Please compare and contrast Eva's relationship with and child rearing habits of Elvira and Madrina. How are they similar? How are they different? Was one a better care taker of Eva? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Romantic relationships can be seen throughout this novel. Please compare and contrast the romantic relationship between Eva and Huberto with the romantic relationship of Rolf and Eva. In your opinion, which one is better for both involved?
Essay Topic 3
Please explain what characterization is and why it is a vital part of a novel. Please choose one character from Eva Luna and summarize how the author used characterization in connecting the reader to this character.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)