|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ability does Eva seem to give the readers at the end of the story?
2. What does the Chief find when he comes into the store in Chapter 8?
3. Who intervenes to keep Rolf out of trouble in the last chapter of the story?
4. Where does Rolf go to see if he can reach Huberto?
5. How does the revolts and unrest seem to affect the town where Eva lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eva learn when she stops in at Agua Santa on her way to Santa Maria?
2. How does the government respond to Rolf's film of the brutal murder of guerrilla prisoners?
3. What is Eva's relationship with Rolf like at the close of the story?
4. What type of leader does Rogelio seem to be?
5. What is Zulema's emotional state in the start of Chapter 8?
6. How has life changed for Melesio in Chapter 9?
7. What is Mimi's experience with Colonel Rodriquez?
8. How does the growing political unrest affect Huberto in Chapter 7?
9. What role do women in this story play in Eva's life?
10. What revelations does Eva come to about Huberto that temporarily leave her angry with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Coming of age is a large theme in this novel. Please describe the coming-of-age journey for Rolf. Please note what the character is like at the start of the novel as a child and how he changes, including the various occurrences, experiences, and people who helped him.
Essay Topic 2
The plot is essential to every novel. Please touch on what a plot is and the various parts of the plot. Break down the plot for Eva Luna.
Essay Topic 3
Romantic relationships can be seen throughout this novel. Please compare and contrast the romantic relationship between Eva and Huberto with the romantic relationship of Rolf and Eva. In your opinion, which one is better for both involved?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)