|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Eva see that Huberto is a terrorist?
(a) The killing of two policemen she knows.
(b) The bombing of the capital building.
(c) Mimi tells her.
(d) Wanted signs posted around the city.
2. How does Huberto recognize Eva when they run into each other in the city in Chapter 9?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) The scar on her cheek.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her dress.
3. How does Eva end the book?
(a) Telling how the government was overrun.
(b) Sharing details of her wedding to Rolf.
(c) Telling stories with many potential endings.
(d) Discussing her childhood.
4. How does the relationship of Rolf and Eva end up at the end of the story?
(a) They go their separate ways as friends.
(b) They part as enemies.
(c) They get married.
(d) Eva does not share that information.
5. What do the doctors suggest to help Zulema in Chapter 8?
(a) Electric shock.
(c) Herbal remedies.
(d) A stay at the coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing about Rolf's childhood, how does Eva feel for him?
2. For what are the people revolting in Chapter 7?
3. What does Senor Aravena tell Rolf to do with his film of the guerrilla camp?
4. Who is the woman shown on the news that is found floating down the river in a casket?
5. Who does Huberto meet when he is sent to the mountains in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of relationship do Huberto and Eva have in Chapter 9?
2. How has life changed for Melesio in Chapter 9?
3. How does the novel resolve the many story lines and questions?
4. What purpose does the Universal Matter serve in Chapter 11?
5. What is the political state of the country in Chapter 7?
6. How do Riad and Eva handle Zulema after Kamal's departure?
7. Overall, how would you say Eva has handled her misfortunes in life?
8. What is Zulema's emotional state in the start of Chapter 8?
9. How does the growing political unrest affect Huberto in Chapter 7?
10. What is Mimi's experience with Colonel Rodriquez?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)