|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the relationship of Rolf and Eva end up at the end of the story?
(a) They get married.
(b) Eva does not share that information.
(c) They part as enemies.
(d) They go their separate ways as friends.
2. What does Riad suggest Eva do so that she can take care of herself someday?
(a) Go find herself a husband.
(b) Take courses to be a secretary.
(c) Consider becoming a school teacher.
(d) Start writing a book.
3. What ability does Eva seem to give the readers at the end of the story?
(a) The ability of deciding how things turn out.
(b) The ability to understand women's rights.
(c) She gives them nothing.
(d) The ability to overcome life's challenges.
4. How does Huberto recognize Eva when they run into each other in the city in Chapter 9?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) The scar on her cheek.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her dress.
5. What is Mimi's opinion of Huberto?
(a) He is ugly but nice.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is trouble and Eva should avoid him.
(d) He is dangerous but Eva should marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns out to be the ghost that Elvira thinks is haunting the house?
2. How does Huberto react when Eva tells him of her friendship with Colonel Rodriquez?
3. What has caused Zulema's death in Chapter 8?
4. At the start of Chapter 7, for whom is Rolf working?
5. While stopping in Agua Santa as they prepare for the prison breakout, what does Eva learn about Riad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes has Rolf gone through by Chapter 7?
2. What type of leader does Rogelio seem to be?
3. How do Riad and Eva handle Zulema after Kamal's departure?
4. What is Zulema's emotional state in the start of Chapter 8?
5. What revelations does Eva come to about Huberto that temporarily leave her angry with him?
6. How does the political unrest affect Eva and Santa Agua?
7. What role does Mimi play in Huberto's plan to break out the prisoners?
8. What does Eva learn when she stops in at Agua Santa on her way to Santa Maria?
9. How does Eva find Madrina and what does she try to do for her?
10. How does the growing political unrest affect Huberto in Chapter 7?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)