|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Rolf's aunt and uncle fetch the best wine they can?
(a) To celebrate the fall of the government.
(b) To give a good-bye gesture to Eva.
(c) To toast Rolf's success as a film-maker.
(d) To celebrate Rolf and Eva's love.
2. What is Mimi's opinion of Huberto?
(a) He is dangerous but Eva should marry him.
(b) He is ugly but nice.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is trouble and Eva should avoid him.
3. How does Huberto react when Eva tells him of her friendship with Colonel Rodriquez?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He does not react.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He is happy.
4. What does Rolf do when he is not making films?
(a) Visits his family in La Colonia.
(b) Travels through Europe.
(c) Visits his mother in Austria.
(d) Joins the guerrillas in raids.
5. How does Huberto recognize Eva when they run into each other in the city in Chapter 9?
(a) The scar on her cheek.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what is the feeling of the citizens toward the general who is in power?
2. What makes Eva see that Huberto is a terrorist?
3. What is Huberto known as by Chapter 10?
4. What is Bolero as referenced in Chapter 11?
5. How does Rolf earn the respect of the citizens around him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eva find Madrina and what does she try to do for her?
2. What changes has Rolf gone through by Chapter 7?
3. What purpose does the Universal Matter serve in Chapter 11?
4. What is Eva's relationship with Rolf like at the close of the story?
5. What does Eva learn when she stops in at Agua Santa on her way to Santa Maria?
6. What revelations does Eva come to about Huberto that temporarily leave her angry with him?
7. How does the novel resolve the many story lines and questions?
8. What is the political state of the country in Chapter 7?
9. How does the growing political unrest affect Huberto in Chapter 7?
10. How does the town respond to the lieutenant's treatment of and suspicion of Eva?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)