|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rolf come to Santa Maria?
(a) To warn Huberto that the police are coming.
(b) To tell Eva she should not be a part of the escape.
(c) To cover the prisoner escape.
(d) To visit a friend.
2. Who turns out to be the ghost that Elvira thinks is haunting the house?
(a) Colonel Rodriquez.
(b) El Negro.
3. What is Huberto known as by Chapter 10?
(a) Generale Morales
(c) El Capitan.
(d) Comandante Rogelio.
4. What does Rolf do when he is not making films?
(a) Visits his family in La Colonia.
(b) Travels through Europe.
(c) Joins the guerrillas in raids.
(d) Visits his mother in Austria.
5. What does the factory make where Eva works?
(a) Canned foods.
(c) Police and army uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Senor Aravena want Rolf to contact Huberto?
2. What is Riad's response to the news of the revolts?
3. Which of the following is a result of political unrest that is starting in Chapter 7?
4. What is Bolero as referenced in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Mimi arrange a meeting with Senor Aravena in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the political unrest affect Eva and Santa Agua?
2. What role does Mimi play in Huberto's plan to break out the prisoners?
3. What purpose does the Universal Matter serve in Chapter 11?
4. How does the town respond to the lieutenant's treatment of and suspicion of Eva?
5. What type of relationship do Huberto and Eva have in Chapter 9?
6. What is the political state of the country in Chapter 7?
7. What route does Rolf take to reach Huberto in Chapter 10?
8. How does Eva handle Colonel Rodriquez's interest in her in Chapter 10?
9. How has life changed for Melesio in Chapter 9?
10. How does the growing political unrest affect Huberto in Chapter 7?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)