|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rolf and Eva do upon being reunited at the end of the story?
(a) They run away together.
(b) They kiss.
(c) They fight.
(d) They leave the country.
2. What shocking question does Eva ask the Colonel while out at dinner?
(a) If he used to be a woman.
(b) If he wants to die tonight.
(c) If he wants to have sex with her.
(d) If he has ever killed someone.
3. Why does Mimi arrange a meeting with Senor Aravena in Chapter 10?
(a) To see if he has any new acting roles for her.
(b) To see if he likes Eva's writings.
(c) To run a new show idea past him.
(d) Because she has a crush on him.
4. What does Eva learn has happened to La Senora?
(a) She has been killed.
(b) She has become a prostitute.
(c) She had to flee the country.
(d) She has been put in prison.
5. Where does Rolf go to see if he can reach Huberto?
(a) El Negro's bar.
(b) La Cuidad de Luz.
(c) La Colonia.
(d) Santa Aqua.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senor Aravena tell Rolf to do with his film of the guerrilla camp?
2. What does the factory make where Eva works?
3. How does Eva come to meet Rolf?
4. Why does Senor Aravena want Rolf to contact Huberto?
5. For what is Riad fund raising when he throws a party in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the growing political unrest affect Huberto in Chapter 7?
2. How does the government respond to Rolf's film of the brutal murder of guerrilla prisoners?
3. What is Eva's relationship with Rolf like at the close of the story?
4. What is the political state of the country in Chapter 7?
5. Overall, how would you say Eva has handled her misfortunes in life?
6. How does the political unrest affect Eva and Santa Agua?
7. How does the town respond to the lieutenant's treatment of and suspicion of Eva?
8. How do Riad and Eva handle Zulema after Kamal's departure?
9. What role does Mimi play in Huberto's plan to break out the prisoners?
10. What is Mimi's experience with Colonel Rodriquez?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)