|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rolf come to Santa Maria?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) To warn Huberto that the police are coming.
(c) To cover the prisoner escape.
(d) To tell Eva she should not be a part of the escape.
2. Why has Rolf returned to the capital?
(a) To keep track of the unfolding events.
(b) To get his paycheck.
(c) To gather Eva's belongings.
(d) To see if it is safe for Eva to return.
3. How does the revolts and unrest seem to affect the town where Eva lives?
(a) It does not really affect them.
(b) It is leaving them helpless to the rioters.
(c) It causes mass exodus to the cities.
(d) It is causing a lot of people to move to her town.
4. How does Mimi know Colonel Rodriquez?
(a) He killed her mother.
(b) He hurt La Senora.
(c) He made inspections at the prison she was at once.
(d) He visited the cabaret.
5. What seems to transform Huberto in Chapter 7?
(a) The love he has for his men.
(b) The love he has for the general.
(c) His fear of tyranny.
(d) His passion for justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Riad's response to the news of the revolts?
2. Why does Senor Aravena want Rolf to contact Huberto?
3. How has Mimi's life changed in Chapter 9?
4. What does Rolf do when he is not making films?
5. What does the Chief find when he comes into the store in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the town respond to the lieutenant's treatment of and suspicion of Eva?
2. What is Mimi's experience with Colonel Rodriquez?
3. How does the political unrest affect Eva and Santa Agua?
4. What type of relationship do Huberto and Eva have in Chapter 9?
5. What is Zulema's emotional state in the start of Chapter 8?
6. How does the government respond to Rolf's film of the brutal murder of guerrilla prisoners?
7. How has life changed for Melesio in Chapter 9?
8. How does Eva find Madrina and what does she try to do for her?
9. What is the political state of the country in Chapter 7?
10. What role do women in this story play in Eva's life?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)