|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Rodriquez have his driver ask of Eva?
(a) To turn over Zulema's jewels.
(b) To meet the Colonel for dinner.
(c) To steal information for him.
(d) To leave the city.
2. What word best describes Eva's emotional state at the close of the story?
3. How does the relationship of Rolf and Eva end up at the end of the story?
(a) They get married.
(b) They go their separate ways as friends.
(c) They part as enemies.
(d) Eva does not share that information.
4. Who is the woman shown on the news that is found floating down the river in a casket?
5. How does Eva end the book?
(a) Telling stories with many potential endings.
(b) Telling how the government was overrun.
(c) Sharing details of her wedding to Rolf.
(d) Discussing her childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eva do as a result of all the interest from Colonel Rodriquez?
2. Why does Senor Aravena want Rolf to contact Huberto?
3. What has caused Zulema's death in Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of the woman Eva meets in the church in Chapter 8?
5. What does Riad suggest Eva do so that she can take care of herself someday?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Eva learn has happened to Melesio?
2. What type of leader does Rogelio seem to be?
3. What type of relationship do Huberto and Eva have in Chapter 9?
4. How has life changed for Melesio in Chapter 9?
5. What role do women in this story play in Eva's life?
6. How does the town respond to the lieutenant's treatment of and suspicion of Eva?
7. What purpose does the Universal Matter serve in Chapter 11?
8. What is Mimi's experience with Colonel Rodriquez?
9. How does the growing political unrest affect Huberto in Chapter 7?
10. What route does Rolf take to reach Huberto in Chapter 10?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)