|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Eva get a job?
(a) Eva asks to get a job.
(b) The priest makes Eva get a job.
(c) Eva is too much trouble for Madrina.
(d) Madrina cannot care for Eva on her own.
2. How old is Eva when she is looking for Huberto in the city in Chapter 5?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
3. What does the Professor do with dead bodies?
(a) Buries them.
(b) Blesses them for the church.
(c) Embalms them.
(d) Dissects them.
4. What is Zulema's first impression of Eva?
(a) She thinks of Eva as a servant.
(b) She is indifferent towards Eva.
(c) She hates Eva.
(d) She likes Eva.
5. What does the town do to Ines' son's killer?
(a) Chase him out of town.
(b) Raid his house.
(c) Fill his house with mangoes.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is Kamal to Riad?
2. What does Huberto do on the streets?
3. How does Jochen injure his father in Chapter 2?
4. How long are Rolf and his cousin lovers before they put an end to it?
5. What is the name of the bar Huberto takes Eva when he find her in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Huberto Naranjo?
2. How does the Carle family respond to Lukas' death?
3. What business/trades is Uncle Rupert involved in?
4. What do the Russian soldiers do to the townspeople in Chapter 2?
5. How is the strength of Consuelo seen in Chapter 1?
6. What happens the day Riad first arrives in Santa Agua?
7. What happens to Madrina after her baby is born deformed?
8. What is the result of Jochen's departure from his family?
9. What are some of the horrible things Lukas Carle does to his family?
10. Why does Eva run away from Patrona's?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)