|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the gardener to almost die in Chapter 1?
(a) A fall.
(b) A parasite.
(d) A snake bite.
2. How does Zulema respond when she learns that Kamal is gone?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She is overjoyed.
3. What does the Professor do with dead bodies?
(a) Dissects them.
(b) Embalms them.
(c) Blesses them for the church.
(d) Buries them.
4. Why does Eva rip off Patrona's wig?
(a) She wanted to embarrass Patrona in front of the other servants.
(b) Patrona yells at her and she snaps.
(c) Patrona's wig is on fire.
(d) There was a huge spider on the wig.
5. What is Ines' profession?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A restaurant owner.
(c) A local police chief.
(d) A school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cook say will happen if she does not care for Eva to the best of her abilities?
2. What relation is Kamal to Riad?
3. What other trade does Uncle Rupert do?
4. Why does Kamal come to live with Riad?
5. What does Rolf hope for his father while he is in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What business/trades is Uncle Rupert involved in?
2. How does Lukas' absence affect his family when he goes to war?
3. What does Huberto do for Eva in Chapter 5?
4. What role does the Indian play in Consuelo's young life?
5. What is the result of Jochen's departure from his family?
6. What happens when Jochen finally stands up to his father?
7. How does the family react when Lukas returns from war?
8. What happens when La Senora kicks Eva out of her home?
9. Please describe Melesio.
10. Please describe Elvira.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)