|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the Professor as an employer?
2. What is Ines' profession?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A restaurant owner.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A local police chief.
3. What does Melesio do at the cabaret?
(a) Manages the cabaret.
(b) Performs dressed as a woman.
(c) Acts as a bouncer.
4. What does the town do to Ines' son's killer?
(a) Raid his house.
(b) Chase him out of town.
(c) Fill his house with mangoes.
(d) Kill him.
5. For how long is Lukas sent to prison?
(a) One year.
(b) Fourteen months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jochen react when his father returns home from war?
2. Where does Katherina hide from her father?
3. In what country is Rolf born and raised?
4. Who impregnates Consuelo?
5. What causes the gardener to almost die in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do things change in the red light district in Chapter 5?
2. What request is made by the Professor on his deathbed and is it obeyed?
3. Why does Eva run away from Patrona's?
4. How does the Halabi household change with the arrival of Kamal?
5. How does the Carle family respond to Lukas' death?
6. What happens when La Senora kicks Eva out of her home?
7. What are the two hypotheses of how Lukas Carle was killed?
8. What is Zulema and Riad's marriage like?
9. Why is Rolf sent to South America?
10. Please describe Elvira.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)