|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the town do to Ines' son's killer?
(a) Chase him out of town.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Raid his house.
(d) Fill his house with mangoes.
2. Who is Consuelo?
(a) Eva's mother.
(b) Eva's aunt.
(c) Eva's sister.
(d) Eva's grandmother.
3. What word best describes the Professor as an employer?
4. What happens in the red light district when a new police sergeant comes around in Chapter 5?
(a) Raids and arrests.
(b) More bribes between policemen and red light residents.
(c) Less police regulation.
(d) More murders.
5. What does Uncle Rupert hope to teach his nephew?
(a) How to be a good man.
(b) What love is.
(c) His trades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest do to the Professor's estate when the Professor dies?
2. Who gets annoyed with Elvira and Eva's games?
3. What does Huberto ask La Senora to do for Eva?
4. Why does Frau Carle decide to send Rolf to South America?
5. What is Ines' profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Madrina play in Eva's life in Chapter 2?
2. What does Huberto do for Eva in Chapter 5?
3. What is the result of Jochen's departure from his family?
4. How does the Carle family respond to Lukas' death?
5. How would you describe Riad?
6. What business/trades is Uncle Rupert involved in?
7. What is Consuelo's time at the convent like prior to living with the Professor?
8. Please describe Elvira.
9. What is the relationship between Professor Jones and Consuelo like?
10. What role does the Indian play in Consuelo's young life?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)