|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ines' son shot in Chapter 6?
(a) He attacked a policeman.
(b) He stole a mango.
(c) He tried to break into a store.
(d) He was a guerrilla soldier.
2. How is Eva treated by the patrona's cook?
(a) Like a granddaughter.
(b) Like an animal.
(c) Like a slave.
(d) As if she does not exist.
3. How does Eva's relationship with Riad change upon Kamal's arrival?
(a) Eva begins to fall in love with Riad.
(b) Riad spends less time with Eva.
(c) Riad spends more time with Eva.
(d) Eva spends all her time with Kamal.
4. How old was Consuelo when she met El Portuguese?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
5. What does Melesio tell Eva about his sexuality?
(a) He is a woman in a man's body.
(b) He is bi-sexual.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He is heterosexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aravena's profession?
2. What causes the gardener to almost die in Chapter 1?
3. What is Ines' profession?
4. What does Rolf intend to study at University?
5. Which of the following best describes Elvira?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the day Riad first arrives in Santa Agua?
2. What happens to Madrina after her baby is born deformed?
3. How does Eva feel about her new family in Santa Agua?
4. How does Consuelo instill a sense of imagination in her daughter?
5. What is the relationship between Professor Jones and Consuelo like?
6. What happens when La Senora kicks Eva out of her home?
7. How do things change in the red light district in Chapter 5?
8. Why does Eva run away from Patrona's?
9. How does the Carle family respond to Lukas' death?
10. What does Huberto do for Eva in Chapter 5?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)