|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lukas Carle sent to prison?
(a) He is a traitor.
(b) He is a thief.
(c) He is a war deserter.
(d) He murdered someone.
2. How long does Consuelo live at the convent in the city?
(a) Three years.
(b) 16 months.
(c) Four years.
(d) 12 months.
3. What does Rolf hope for his father while he is in prison?
(a) He hopes his father gets out of prison early.
(b) He hopes his father gets extra time in prison.
(c) He hopes his father comes to God in prison.
(d) He hopes his father dies in prison.
4. What one word best describes Lukas Carle?
5. How old is Eva when she is looking for Huberto in the city in Chapter 5?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do Elvira and Eva play with the coffin?
2. What is the country's leader called?
3. What is Zulema's first impression of Eva?
4. What does Frau Carle do with the children when Lukas returns home from prison?
5. Why is Ines' son shot in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when La Senora kicks Eva out of her home?
2. What does Huberto do for Eva in Chapter 5?
3. What is the relationship between Rolf and his cousins?
4. What do the Russian soldiers do to the townspeople in Chapter 2?
5. Please describe Melesio.
6. How does the Carle family respond to Lukas' death?
7. How does Eva feel about her new family in Santa Agua?
8. What is Eva's time working for the Cabinet member like?
9. How is the strength of Consuelo seen in Chapter 1?
10. What are the two hypotheses of how Lukas Carle was killed?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)