|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the patrona fire Eva?
(a) Eva stole money from her.
(b) She cannot afford to pay her anymore.
(c) She is angry with Madrina.
(d) Eva is making mistakes.
2. What is the name of the bar Huberto takes Eva when he find her in the city?
(a) El Negro.
(b) La Taqueria.
(c) Agua Verde.
(d) El Jimador.
3. What is one of the reasons Riad gives for allowing Eva to stay with him?
(a) Eva reminds him of a dear friend.
(b) They need a new servant.
(c) His wife needs someone to keep her company while he travels.
(d) He needs someone to mind his business while he is gone.
4. What does Consuelo remove from El Portuguese's chickens?
5. What inappropriate act does the patron make Eva do for him?
(a) Brush his teeth.
(b) Wash his underwear.
(c) Bathe and dress him.
(d) Give him massages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Consuelo passes does Professor Jones die?
2. Why does Eva rip off Patrona's wig?
3. What does Huberto ask La Senora to do for Eva?
4. Who teaches Eva how to read and write?
5. From which of the following health issues does Katherina suffer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Consuelo instill a sense of imagination in her daughter?
2. What happens when La Senora kicks Eva out of her home?
3. What is the relationship between Professor Jones and Consuelo like?
4. Please describe Professor Jones.
5. What business/trades is Uncle Rupert involved in?
6. What do the Russian soldiers do to the townspeople in Chapter 2?
7. What role does the Indian play in Consuelo's young life?
8. How is the strength of Consuelo seen in Chapter 1?
9. Why does Eva run away from Patrona's?
10. How does the Carle family respond to Lukas' death?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)