|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused Zulema's death in Chapter 8?
(a) She died from a broken heart.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) She was bitten by a snake.
(d) She jumped in the river.
2. What does Eva intend to do with the jewels she has recovered in Agua Santa?
(a) Give them to Mimi for an operation.
(b) Give them to Elvira for all she has done.
(c) Save them.
(d) Sell them to purchase a house.
3. Why does Rolf take Eva to La Colonia?
(a) To keep her safe.
(b) To show here where he grew up.
(c) To propose to her.
(d) To plan another break out.
4. Why do Rolf's aunt and uncle fetch the best wine they can?
(a) To toast Rolf's success as a film-maker.
(b) To celebrate Rolf and Eva's love.
(c) To celebrate the fall of the government.
(d) To give a good-bye gesture to Eva.
5. Who invites Huberto to a meeting with the guerrillas?
(a) El Defendor.
(b) El Don.
(c) El Capitan.
(d) El Negro.
6. Why does Senor Aravena want Rolf to contact Huberto?
(a) He wants to learn how he can join the cause.
(b) He asks for protection.
(c) He wants to see what the guerrillas are up to.
(d) He is Huberto's uncle.
7. Where does Rolf go to see if he can reach Huberto?
(a) La Colonia.
(b) La Cuidad de Luz.
(c) El Negro's bar.
(d) Santa Aqua.
8. What do the doctors suggest to help Zulema in Chapter 8?
(a) Herbal remedies.
(c) Electric shock.
(d) A stay at the coast.
9. Who is the woman shown on the news that is found floating down the river in a casket?
10. Why does Mimi arrange a meeting with Senor Aravena in Chapter 10?
(a) To see if he likes Eva's writings.
(b) To see if he has any new acting roles for her.
(c) To run a new show idea past him.
(d) Because she has a crush on him.
11. Who does Huberto meet when he is sent to the mountains in Chapter 7?
12. Why doesn't Eva tell Huberto about her past relationship with Riad?
(a) She is afraid Huberto will go hurt Riad.
(b) She does not want to make him jealous.
(c) She is afraid he will hurt her.
(d) It is her business, not Huberto's.
13. For what are the people revolting in Chapter 7?
(b) The return of the monarchy.
(d) Better benefits.
14. What does Senor Aravena tell Rolf to do with his film of the guerrilla camp?
(a) Sell it to America.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Hide it.
(d) Play it on the next news broadcast.
15. What seems to transform Huberto in Chapter 7?
(a) His passion for justice.
(b) The love he has for his men.
(c) His fear of tyranny.
(d) The love he has for the general.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing about Rolf's childhood, how does Eva feel for him?
2. Why is Eva summoned to Colonel Rodriquez in Chapter 11?
3. Why is it difficult for Eva to understand why Mimi wants to be a woman?
4. How does the revolts and unrest seem to affect the town where Eva lives?
5. What type of work does Mimi encourage Eva to go into?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)