|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intervenes to keep Rolf out of trouble in the last chapter of the story?
(c) Senor Aravena.
(d) Colonel Rodriquez.
2. What does Colonel Rodriquez have his driver ask of Eva?
(a) To steal information for him.
(b) To leave the city.
(c) To meet the Colonel for dinner.
(d) To turn over Zulema's jewels.
3. What does Eva intend to do with the jewels she has recovered in Agua Santa?
(a) Save them.
(b) Give them to Mimi for an operation.
(c) Sell them to purchase a house.
(d) Give them to Elvira for all she has done.
4. How does the revolts and unrest seem to affect the town where Eva lives?
(a) It is causing a lot of people to move to her town.
(b) It does not really affect them.
(c) It causes mass exodus to the cities.
(d) It is leaving them helpless to the rioters.
5. Why do Rolf's aunt and uncle fetch the best wine they can?
(a) To celebrate the fall of the government.
(b) To toast Rolf's success as a film-maker.
(c) To give a good-bye gesture to Eva.
(d) To celebrate Rolf and Eva's love.
6. What seems to transform Huberto in Chapter 7?
(a) The love he has for his men.
(b) His passion for justice.
(c) His fear of tyranny.
(d) The love he has for the general.
7. Why does Eva take a job in a factory?
(a) To raise enough money to move to another country.
(b) To save to buy her own house.
(c) To pay Mimi back.
(d) To pay for Madrina to live in a private clinic.
8. What does Huberto want to steal from the factory?
(a) Floor plans.
9. What does Eva realize about Huberto's view on women?
(a) That women deserve more rights.
(b) That women and men are equal.
(c) That women are better than men.
(d) That women are not important.
10. How does Riad get Eva out of the police station?
(a) Hiring a lawyer.
(b) Bribing the lieutenant.
(c) Threatening the police captain.
(d) Paying her bail.
11. By Chapter 8, how long has it been since Kamal left Agua Santa?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
12. Why is Eva summoned to Colonel Rodriquez in Chapter 11?
(a) He wants her to tell Rolf to stop making films.
(b) He wants her to marry him.
(c) He wants to arrest her.
(d) He wants her to convince Huberto to surrender.
13. Why is the government upset with Rolf?
(a) Because of his recordings.
(b) Because of his ties to Aravena.
(c) Because he is Austrian.
(d) Because of his relationship with Rogelio.
14. For what are the people revolting in Chapter 7?
(a) The return of the monarchy.
(d) Better benefits.
15. At the start of Chapter 7, for whom is Rolf working?
(c) Senor Aravena.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Mimi's life changed in Chapter 9?
2. What does the Chief find when he comes into the store in Chapter 8?
3. What does Huberto have Eva promise him about their relationship?
4. What shocking question does Eva ask the Colonel while out at dinner?
5. What is Riad's response to the news of the revolts?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)