|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eva summoned to Colonel Rodriquez in Chapter 11?
(a) He wants her to marry him.
(b) He wants her to convince Huberto to surrender.
(c) He wants to arrest her.
(d) He wants her to tell Rolf to stop making films.
2. What is Bolero as referenced in Chapter 11?
(a) The name of a popular magazine in the capital city.
(b) Eva's story about the prison breakout.
(c) The name of Huberto's guerrilla army.
(d) The newest movie Mimi is to star in.
3. Who invites Huberto to a meeting with the guerrillas?
(a) El Don.
(b) El Negro.
(c) El Capitan.
(d) El Defendor.
4. What does Eva do as a result of all the interest from Colonel Rodriquez?
(a) Quits her job at the factory.
(b) Buys a gun.
(c) Warns Huberto.
(d) Flees the city for a while.
5. In Chapter 7, what is the feeling of the citizens toward the general who is in power?
(a) He is disliked by many.
(b) He is loved by all.
(c) He is hated by the right wing.
(d) No one seems to care either way.
6. Why does Mimi arrange a meeting with Senor Aravena in Chapter 10?
(a) To see if he likes Eva's writings.
(b) To run a new show idea past him.
(c) Because she has a crush on him.
(d) To see if he has any new acting roles for her.
7. What does Huberto want to steal from the factory?
(b) Floor plans.
8. What does the factory make where Eva works?
(b) Canned foods.
(d) Police and army uniforms.
9. What from Eva's past comes in handy in breaking the guerrillas out of prison?
(a) A knowledge of the jungle.
(c) Universal matter.
(d) Her relationship with Riad.
10. How does the revolts and unrest seem to affect the town where Eva lives?
(a) It is causing a lot of people to move to her town.
(b) It does not really affect them.
(c) It causes mass exodus to the cities.
(d) It is leaving them helpless to the rioters.
11. How does Eva come to meet Rolf?
(a) At the factory.
(b) At the market.
(c) At a dinner party.
(d) At a dance.
12. What shocking question does Eva ask the Colonel while out at dinner?
(a) If he wants to have sex with her.
(b) If he wants to die tonight.
(c) If he has ever killed someone.
(d) If he used to be a woman.
13. Who does Huberto meet when he is sent to the mountains in Chapter 7?
14. While stopping in Agua Santa as they prepare for the prison breakout, what does Eva learn about Riad?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is ill in the hospital.
(c) He has moved back to Turkey.
(d) He is remarried.
15. Which of the following is a result of political unrest that is starting in Chapter 7?
(a) A neighboring country begins to invade.
(b) Several coups are attempted by various parties.
(c) A new dictator rises to power.
(d) Powerful men flee the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Huberto do in the city after he first joins the guerrillas?
2. What ability does Eva seem to give the readers at the end of the story?
3. What do the doctors suggest to help Zulema in Chapter 8?
4. By Chapter 8, how long has it been since Kamal left Agua Santa?
5. What is the name of the woman Eva meets in the church in Chapter 8?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)