|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman shown on the news that is found floating down the river in a casket?
2. While stopping in Agua Santa as they prepare for the prison breakout, what does Eva learn about Riad?
(a) He is remarried.
(b) He has moved back to Turkey.
(c) He is ill in the hospital.
(d) He is dead.
3. For what is Riad fund raising when he throws a party in Chapter 7?
(a) New roads through the hills.
(b) A new wing for the hospital.
(c) New bells for the church.
(d) A new roof for the school.
4. Who invites Huberto to a meeting with the guerrillas?
(a) El Don.
(b) El Defendor.
(c) El Negro.
(d) El Capitan.
5. How does Huberto recognize Eva when they run into each other in the city in Chapter 9?
(a) Her dress.
(b) The scar on her cheek.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her eyes.
6. What is Riad's response to the news of the revolts?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is worried.
(c) He is not concerned.
(d) He wants to join the revolution.
7. Why does Senor Aravena want Rolf to contact Huberto?
(a) He wants to learn how he can join the cause.
(b) He is Huberto's uncle.
(c) He wants to see what the guerrillas are up to.
(d) He asks for protection.
8. What does the Chief find when he comes into the store in Chapter 8?
(a) Zulema dead on the ground.
(b) Eva telling stories to Zulema.
(c) Eva in the shop alone.
(d) Eva washing Zulema's face.
9. What from Eva's past comes in handy in breaking the guerrillas out of prison?
(a) A knowledge of the jungle.
(b) Universal matter.
(d) Her relationship with Riad.
10. Why is Eva summoned to Colonel Rodriquez in Chapter 11?
(a) He wants her to marry him.
(b) He wants her to tell Rolf to stop making films.
(c) He wants her to convince Huberto to surrender.
(d) He wants to arrest her.
11. Who invites Eva to live with them in the capital city?
12. In Chapter 7, what is the feeling of the citizens toward the general who is in power?
(a) He is hated by the right wing.
(b) He is disliked by many.
(c) No one seems to care either way.
(d) He is loved by all.
13. After hearing about Rolf's childhood, how does Eva feel for him?
(a) Saddened for him.
(b) Disgusted by him.
(c) Proud of him.
(d) Angry at him.
14. What do the doctors suggest to help Zulema in Chapter 8?
(a) Electric shock.
(b) Herbal remedies.
(d) A stay at the coast.
15. What is Bolero as referenced in Chapter 11?
(a) The newest movie Mimi is to star in.
(b) The name of Huberto's guerrilla army.
(c) Eva's story about the prison breakout.
(d) The name of a popular magazine in the capital city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madrina's mental/physical state when Eva finds her in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Rolf come to Santa Maria?
3. Who detains Rolf in the capital at the end of the book?
4. What does Eva realize about Huberto's view on women?
5. What is the name of the woman Eva meets in the church in Chapter 8?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)