|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intervenes to keep Rolf out of trouble in the last chapter of the story?
(b) Colonel Rodriquez.
(c) Senor Aravena.
2. What ability does Eva seem to give the readers at the end of the story?
(a) The ability to overcome life's challenges.
(b) The ability of deciding how things turn out.
(c) The ability to understand women's rights.
(d) She gives them nothing.
3. After hearing about Rolf's childhood, how does Eva feel for him?
(a) Disgusted by him.
(b) Saddened for him.
(c) Proud of him.
(d) Angry at him.
4. How does Huberto react when Eva tells him of her friendship with Colonel Rodriquez?
(a) He does not react.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He is jealous.
5. Where does Rolf go to see if he can reach Huberto?
(a) La Colonia.
(b) El Negro's bar.
(c) Santa Aqua.
(d) La Cuidad de Luz.
6. What type of work does Mimi encourage Eva to go into?
7. What shocking question does Eva ask the Colonel while out at dinner?
(a) If he wants to die tonight.
(b) If he has ever killed someone.
(c) If he wants to have sex with her.
(d) If he used to be a woman.
8. Why does Eva take a job in a factory?
(a) To raise enough money to move to another country.
(b) To pay for Madrina to live in a private clinic.
(c) To pay Mimi back.
(d) To save to buy her own house.
9. Who invites Eva to live with them in the capital city?
10. Why does Rolf take Eva to La Colonia?
(a) To plan another break out.
(b) To keep her safe.
(c) To propose to her.
(d) To show here where he grew up.
11. What does Eva do as a result of all the interest from Colonel Rodriquez?
(a) Flees the city for a while.
(b) Buys a gun.
(c) Quits her job at the factory.
(d) Warns Huberto.
12. Why do Rolf's aunt and uncle fetch the best wine they can?
(a) To celebrate the fall of the government.
(b) To celebrate Rolf and Eva's love.
(c) To toast Rolf's success as a film-maker.
(d) To give a good-bye gesture to Eva.
13. What seems to transform Huberto in Chapter 7?
(a) His passion for justice.
(b) The love he has for the general.
(c) His fear of tyranny.
(d) The love he has for his men.
14. What does Eva realize about Huberto's view on women?
(a) That women are better than men.
(b) That women deserve more rights.
(c) That women and men are equal.
(d) That women are not important.
15. What is the name of the woman Eva meets in the church in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Eva see that Huberto is a terrorist?
2. How has Mimi's life changed in Chapter 9?
3. Who invites Huberto to a meeting with the guerrillas?
4. What word best describes Eva's emotional state at the close of the story?
5. What best describes Eva's place in life at the end of the story?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)