|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 7, for whom is Rolf working?
(b) Senor Aravena.
2. Why does Rolf take Eva to La Colonia?
(a) To plan another break out.
(b) To keep her safe.
(c) To show here where he grew up.
(d) To propose to her.
3. What does Huberto do in the city after he first joins the guerrillas?
(a) Kidnaps government works.
(b) Hands out fliers.
(c) Attacks policemen.
(d) Bombs buildings.
4. Where does Rolf go to see if he can reach Huberto?
(a) Santa Aqua.
(b) La Cuidad de Luz.
(c) La Colonia.
(d) El Negro's bar.
5. What from Eva's past comes in handy in breaking the guerrillas out of prison?
(b) A knowledge of the jungle.
(c) Universal matter.
(d) Her relationship with Riad.
6. After hearing about Rolf's childhood, how does Eva feel for him?
(a) Saddened for him.
(b) Angry at him.
(c) Proud of him.
(d) Disgusted by him.
7. What does the factory make where Eva works?
(c) Police and army uniforms.
(d) Canned foods.
8. Why does Riad tell Eva she must leave Agua Santa?
(a) Because he is leaving.
(b) Because he is mad at her.
(c) Because he thinks she killed Zulema.
(d) Because she is not safe.
9. What type of work does Mimi encourage Eva to go into?
10. What shocking question does Eva ask the Colonel while out at dinner?
(a) If he has ever killed someone.
(b) If he wants to die tonight.
(c) If he used to be a woman.
(d) If he wants to have sex with her.
11. While stopping in Agua Santa as they prepare for the prison breakout, what does Eva learn about Riad?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is ill in the hospital.
(c) He is remarried.
(d) He has moved back to Turkey.
12. By Chapter 8, how long has it been since Kamal left Agua Santa?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
13. Who intervenes to keep Rolf out of trouble in the last chapter of the story?
(a) Colonel Rodriquez.
(d) Senor Aravena.
14. What is the name of the woman Eva meets in the church in Chapter 8?
15. How does the revolts and unrest seem to affect the town where Eva lives?
(a) It is causing a lot of people to move to her town.
(b) It does not really affect them.
(c) It is leaving them helpless to the rioters.
(d) It causes mass exodus to the cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rolf come to Santa Maria?
2. Why does Eva take a job in a factory?
3. How does Huberto react when Eva tells him of her friendship with Colonel Rodriquez?
4. What does Rolf do when he is not making films?
5. Why has Rolf returned to the capital?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)