|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Consuelo when she met El Portuguese?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
2. What is the name of the bar Huberto takes Eva when he find her in the city?
(a) La Taqueria.
(b) El Jimador.
(c) Agua Verde.
(d) El Negro.
3. What does the Professor do with dead bodies?
(a) Dissects them.
(b) Embalms them.
(c) Blesses them for the church.
(d) Buries them.
4. Why does Frau Carle give up on religion?
(a) Because she is an atheist.
(b) Because her prayers that Lukas would die were not answered.
(c) Because Lukas believes in God and he is evil.
(d) Because she does not think God would not allow her children to live with a monster like Lukas.
5. What does Huberto do on the streets?
(a) Cons people on the streets.
(b) Works for a drug lord.
(c) Works as a busboy.
(d) Begs for money and food.
6. What feelings, if any, does Eva have towards Kamal?
(a) She has a crush on Kamal.
(b) Eva cannot stand Kamal.
(c) Eva has friendly feelings only toward Kamal.
(d) Eva has no feelings whatsoever toward Kamal.
7. How does Jochen injure his father in Chapter 2?
(a) He breaks his father's nose.
(b) He breaks his father's arm.
(c) He breaks his father's jaw.
(d) He gives his father a concussion.
8. Who is Consuelo?
(a) Eva's aunt.
(b) Eva's mother.
(c) Eva's sister.
(d) Eva's grandmother.
9. With what does the Professor treat cancer patients?
(b) Indian herbs.
(c) Snake venom.
(d) Swamp mosquitoes.
10. How do the missionaries treat Consuelo?
(a) They ignore her for the most part.
(b) They treat her like a slave.
(c) They spoil her.
(d) They always belittle her.
11. Who gets annoyed with Elvira and Eva's games?
(c) The maid.
12. What is the name of the convent in the city where Consuelo is sent?
(a) Convent of the Little Sisters of Charity.
(b) Convent of the Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters.
(c) Convent of Santa Catalina.
(d) Convent of the Holy Names.
13. How does Eva treat Zulema?
(a) She takes care of her like a child.
(b) She ignores her mostly.
(c) She treats her rudely.
(d) She treats her like a boss not a friend.
14. What medical condition strikes the Professor in Chapter 1?
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A stroke.
(d) An aneurism.
15. What other trade does Uncle Rupert do?
(a) Clock maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eva view Riad's cleft lip?
2. What does the cook say will happen if she does not care for Eva to the best of her abilities?
3. Why does Eva rip off Patrona's wig?
4. Why must Eva get a job?
5. What relation is Kamal to Riad?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)