|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Eva work for the Cabinet member before she cannot handle it anymore?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
2. How do the missionaries treat Consuelo?
(a) They spoil her.
(b) They treat her like a slave.
(c) They always belittle her.
(d) They ignore her for the most part.
3. What happens in the red light district when a new police sergeant comes around in Chapter 5?
(a) More bribes between policemen and red light residents.
(b) More murders.
(c) Raids and arrests.
(d) Less police regulation.
4. How does Mimi know Colonel Rodriquez?
(a) He hurt La Senora.
(b) He made inspections at the prison she was at once.
(c) He visited the cabaret.
(d) He killed her mother.
5. Why is Lukas Carle sent to prison?
(a) He is a thief.
(b) He murdered someone.
(c) He is a traitor.
(d) He is a war deserter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frau Carle say about Lukas' death that stuns her son?
2. What is the name of the village where Rolf's uncle lives?
3. Why does Mimi arrange a meeting with Senor Aravena in Chapter 10?
4. For what is Riad fund raising when he throws a party in Chapter 7?
5. Who invites Eva to live with them in the capital city?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)