|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ines' son shot in Chapter 6?
(a) He attacked a policeman.
(b) He stole a mango.
(c) He tried to break into a store.
(d) He was a guerrilla soldier.
2. What does Rolf hope for his father while he is in prison?
(a) He hopes his father gets extra time in prison.
(b) He hopes his father comes to God in prison.
(c) He hopes his father gets out of prison early.
(d) He hopes his father dies in prison.
3. Why do the cousins put an end to their romance with Rolf?
(a) Because they did not know Rolf was sleeping with both of them.
(b) Because they are going to be nuns.
(c) Because he cannot marry both of them.
(d) Because they have found better men.
4. Why is Consuelo sent to live with Professor Jones?
(a) She is too much trouble.
(b) She needs an education.
(c) She is not benefitting from convent life.
(d) She keeps running away.
5. What does Consuelo tell her daughter about death?
(a) That she will meet the dead again someday.
(b) Death is like life but invisible.
(c) There is no death as long as one is remembered.
(d) The one who dies goes to heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frau Carle say about Lukas' death that stuns her son?
2. What does Frau Carle do with the children when Lukas returns home from prison?
3. With what does the Professor treat cancer patients?
4. What does the town do to Ines' son's killer?
5. Why does the Yugoslavian woman leave the country?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)