|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frau Carle give up on religion?
(a) Because she is an atheist.
(b) Because she does not think God would not allow her children to live with a monster like Lukas.
(c) Because Lukas believes in God and he is evil.
(d) Because her prayers that Lukas would die were not answered.
2. How does Jochen's father view him?
3. What task do the soldiers make the village people, including Rolf, do?
(a) Bury the prison camp dead.
(b) Feed and house the troops.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Clean the soldiers' boots.
4. Why is Consuelo sent to live with Professor Jones?
(a) She is too much trouble.
(b) She keeps running away.
(c) She is not benefitting from convent life.
(d) She needs an education.
5. Why does Rolf think himself unmanly as a child?
(a) He does not like wrestling.
(b) He likes poetry.
(c) He wants to be a nurse.
(d) He plays with dolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term of endearment does Eva refer to Elvira?
2. Who impregnates Consuelo?
3. Where did missionaries find the infant Consuelo?
4. What does Frau Carle do with the children when Lukas returns home from prison?
5. What medical condition strikes the Professor in Chapter 1?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)