|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who welcomes Dionysus after he escapes the stable?
2. When the wild women scratch at the ground, what appears, in The Bacchae?
3. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
4. Who kills the dragon that Ares has fathered?
5. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the act of war in the face of justification in The Phoenician Women. Is justification cause for war? Are the two main characters justified in destroying their homeland? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the details of the exposition in Electra from the opening speeches.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motivations and actions of the two characters, Jocasta and Antigone, in The Phoenician Women. What do these characters do to propel or block the actions taking place? Are they successful?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)