Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
2. In the Phoenician Women, who does Ares seek revenge against?
3. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
4. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
5. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Fate" in The Phoenician Women. How does this theme attribute to the actions of Polyneices and Eteocles? To Oedipus? To Antigone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motivations and actions of the two characters, Jocasta and Antigone, in The Phoenician Women. What do these characters do to propel or block the actions taking place? Are they successful?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the exposition of The Phoenician Women. What is the story of Oedipus and his reign in Thebes? What has led up to the events which take place in the play?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)