|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
2. In the Phoenician Women, who does Ares seek revenge against?
3. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
4. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
5. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plot line of the play, Electra. What actions are taken to create the "Rising Action," "Climax," "Falling Action," and "Resolution"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the use of imagery, symbolism, and motif in the play "The Bacchae." Define the terms and give examples of each from the text and what they represent.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Polyneices and Eteocles in The Phoenician Women. How are these characters related? How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)