|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
2. Who is now preparing for a battle to the death, according to the messenger after the battle in The Phoenician Women?
3. How many gates surround Thebes?
4. Who is the founder of Thebes?
5. What is the notable structure seen in the setting of The Bacchae?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the use of imagery, symbolism, and motif in the play "The Bacchae." Define the terms and give examples of each from the text and what they represent.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Polyneices and Eteocles in The Phoenician Women. How are these characters related? How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the plot line of the play, Electra. What actions are taken to create the "Rising Action," "Climax," "Falling Action," and "Resolution"?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)