Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
2. In the Phoenician Women, who does Ares seek revenge against?
3. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
4. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
5. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the act of war in the face of justification in The Phoenician Women. Is justification cause for war? Are the two main characters justified in destroying their homeland? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the plot line of the play, Electra. What actions are taken to create the "Rising Action," "Climax," "Falling Action," and "Resolution"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Defiance Against the Gods" in The Bacchae. What is Euripides' message with this theme? What is society's belief during this time? How does this theme justify the actions of the play?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)