|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Creon to see Teiresius?
2. Who takes a sword and stabs herself in the end of The Phoenician Women?
3. What god does the chorus bemoan in the last half of The Phoenician Women?
4. Who retreats when realizing the gods are against him?
5. In the Phoenician Women, who does Ares seek revenge against?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Defiance Against the Gods" in The Bacchae. What is Euripides' message with this theme? What is society's belief during this time? How does this theme justify the actions of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Wealth and Poverty" as it applies to the play Electra. How does this theme drive the action of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Revenge" in the play, Electra. How does this theme carry the action of the play? What characters embody this theme?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)