|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is now preparing for a battle to the death, according to the messenger after the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Creon and Tydeus.
(b) Tydeus and Eteocles.
(c) Teiresius and Polyneices.
(d) Polyneices and Eteocles.
2. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) Mount Hellene.
(c) Mount Cyprus.
(d) Mount Cithaeron.
3. When the wild women scratch at the ground, what appears, in The Bacchae?
(b) Milk and honey.
(c) Water and fire.
4. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
5. Who accompanies Creon to see Teiresius?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the dragon that Ares has fathered?
2. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
3. Who does Eteocles ask Creon to speak to of the coming war?
4. To whom is Antigone planned to wed?
5. Whose army is chased away at the end of the battle in The Phoenician Women?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Creon fight against the fate of the gods?
2. How does Pentheus react to Dionysus' miracles?
3. Who is the central character of The Bacchae? How is he dressed?
4. Who commits the most noble act in The Phoenician Women?
5. What is Jocasta's fate in the end of The Phoenician Women?
6. What is Antigone's fate at the end of The Phoenician Women?
7. How is the battle illuminated in The Phoenician Women?
8. What natural occurrences does Dionysus bring upon Thebes? How does he use this to affect Pentheus?
9. What does Eteocles initially tell Creon in their meeting?
10. What is the principle character trait of Pentheus? How does he express this?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)