|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new leader of Thebes at the end of The Phoenician Women?
2. Who welcomes Dionysus after he escapes the stable?
3. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
(c) The pedagogue.
4. What does Dionysus strike down with lightning?
(a) The fortress.
(b) The city.
(c) The palace.
(d) The trees.
5. Who does the messenger tell Creon is dead near the end of The Phoenician Women?
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who adamantly does NOT worship Dionysus in The Bacchae?
2. Who calls Dionysus the greatest god, after hearing of the wild women in The Bacchae?
3. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
4. Who is Antigone's betrothed husband the son of?
5. Who goes to stop the duel to the death in The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)