|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At night.
(c) At dusk.
(d) At noon.
2. Of the wild women of The Bacchae, who hears the cows and wakes the other women up?
3. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
4. Who does Polyneices pray to for victory in the duel?
5. Who slips on a stone, and his leg is exposed during the duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dionysus leads Pentheus away, saying that who will bring him back in her arms?
2. When the wild women scratch at the ground, what appears, in The Bacchae?
3. Who is Dionysus' mother?
4. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
5. Dionysus says that Pentheus must dress how to avoid being killed by the celebrants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the principle character trait of Pentheus? How does he express this?
2. Who is the central character of The Bacchae? How is he dressed?
3. What is the last straw which unleashes Dionysus' wrath on Pentheus?
4. Why has Dionysis come to Thebes in The Bacchae?
5. What does Eteocles initially tell Creon in their meeting?
6. What natural occurrences does Dionysus bring upon Thebes? How does he use this to affect Pentheus?
7. What is Pentheus' fatal flaw? How does this cause his downfall?
8. What is Antigone's fate at the end of The Phoenician Women?
9. Which way do the gods lean in the battle between Thebes and the Argives? Why?
10. What does the herdsman's tale of the wild women foretell in The Bacchae?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)