|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the current ruler of Thebes in The Bacchae?
2. On what mountain are the wild women performing miracles in The Bacchae?
(a) Mount Hellene.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) Mount Cithaeron.
(d) Mount Cyprus.
3. Who is now preparing for a battle to the death, according to the messenger after the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Teiresius and Polyneices.
(b) Creon and Tydeus.
(c) Tydeus and Eteocles.
(d) Polyneices and Eteocles.
4. What does Menoeceus do during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Kills Creon.
(b) Kills Teiresius.
(c) Sacrifices himself.
(d) Kills Aegisthus.
5. Who is Dionysus' mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles pray to for victory in the duel?
2. After the battle in The Phoenician Women, who enters, crying for his son's death?
3. To whom is Antigone planned to wed?
4. Who comes to tell Pentheus of the women performing miracles on the mountain?
5. Who does Creon tell Eteocles has captured an opposing soldier?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)