|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gates surround Thebes?
2. Pentheus has heard of a trickster from where, claiming that Dionysus is a god?
3. Who delivers the opening speech of exposition in The Bacchae?
(a) The chorus.
4. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Turned them mad.
(c) Sent them to Troy.
(d) Seduced them.
5. To whose daughter is Polyneices married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles decrees anyone who buries his brother in Thebes be what?
2. Dionysus says that Pentheus must dress how to avoid being killed by the celebrants?
3. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
4. Eteocles tells Creon that Polyneices will do what?
5. Who has the greater army in the war in The Phoenician Women?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)