|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacks with spears, but is fought off by the Thebian army in The Phoenician Women?
2. Who is the blind prophet in The Phoenician Women?
(c) The pedagogue.
3. Who did Zeus hide Dionysus from as a child?
4. Who has been gossiping that Dionysus is NOT the son of Zeus?
(b) Semele's sisters.
(d) Agave's mother.
5. Who is Pentheus' mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes a sword and stabs herself in the end of The Phoenician Women?
2. Who comes to tell Pentheus of the women performing miracles on the mountain?
3. Who retreats when realizing the gods are against him?
4. How does Eteocles suggest they attack the opposing army?
5. Who does Zeus strike down from the gate with lightning in the battle of The Phoenician Women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who commits the most noble act in The Phoenician Women?
2. What is the last straw which unleashes Dionysus' wrath on Pentheus?
3. How does Pentheus react to Dionysus' miracles?
4. Who is the central character of The Bacchae? How is he dressed?
5. In Etecleocle's scene with Creon, how does he seal the fate of the play?
6. What is the principle character trait of Pentheus? How does he express this?
7. How does Creon fight against the fate of the gods?
8. Who is the superior military strategist between Eteocles and Creon? Why?
9. What does Eteocles initially tell Creon in their meeting?
10. Who is the character of Teiresias? Describe this character.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)