|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Clytemnestra's first husband?
2. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
3. What is Electra doing when Orestes first sees her?
(b) Attending a banquet.
(c) Getting married.
4. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
5. What does Orestes ask the old servant once he is discovered?
(a) Whether Agamemnon is alive.
(b) Whether his fiancee is married.
(c) Whether he has any friends left in Argos.
(d) Whether Aegisthus is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
2. Who walks around Orestes looking at him in the cottage?
3. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
4. Who does Oedipus marry?
5. Who does Electra tell her husband the messengers are from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Electra compare her situation to her mother's in part one of Electra, when speaking to the messenger (Orestes)?
2. Who are the Phoenician Women? What are their feelings in the play?
3. What of Electra's demeanor in Part Three builds the tension of the play? What does she feel when she hears word from the messenger?
4. How is the death of Aegisthus revealed? What effect does this have on the audience?
5. How is Antigone's entrance in The Phoenician Women used as an aid to the audience?
6. What does Electra tell the messenger (Orestes) to relay to him about returning?
7. What does the farmer chide Electra for as she speaks to Orestes in Part Two of Electra?
8. How does Electra react to the strangers coming into her home?
9. What does Orestes ask of the old man at the cottage?
10. Who brings Electra food for their guests? What does he bring? What is his connection to Orestes?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)