|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
2. Where does Agamemnon go to fight?
3. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
4. Who was Clytemnestra's first husband?
5. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
(a) Take the crown from his brother.
(b) Kill Aegisthus and Clytemnestra.
(c) Marry Electra.
(d) Marry Iphegenia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
2. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
3. What goddess will be celebrated in the beginning of Electra?
4. Who does Electra tell her husband the messengers are from?
5. Who is Clytemnestra's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the farmer chide Electra for as she speaks to Orestes in Part Two of Electra?
2. Why does the servant say Orestes won't be killed by approaching Aegisthus?
3. How is the death of Aegisthus revealed? What effect does this have on the audience?
4. What does Orestes ask of the old man at the cottage?
5. What does Electra tell the messenger (Orestes) to relay to him about returning?
6. What does the chorus sing of once Orestes and Electra exit in Part Two of Electra?
7. Who are the Phoenician Women? What are their feelings in the play?
8. Describe the dramatic irony in the messenger's speech to Electra in Part Three of the play.
9. What happened to Agamemnon? What does the exposition tell us happened with Orestes and Electra?
10. Who brings Electra food for their guests? What does he bring? What is his connection to Orestes?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)