|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Agamemnon gone to war?
(a) One year.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
2. Who is the wife of Laius?
3. Who does Electra send her husband to go find when the strangers enter the cottage?
(a) Her father's servant.
4. What does the chorus do in Electra when Orestes is discovered?
5. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Laius' son?
2. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
3. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
4. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
5. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Electra do when she first sees Orestes?
2. Describe the dramatic irony in the messenger's speech to Electra in Part Three of the play.
3. Who recognizes Orestes?
4. What happened to Agamemnon? What does the exposition tell us happened with Orestes and Electra?
5. What is Electra doing when she first enters the play? What does her farmer chide her for?
6. How does Clytemnestra's fate show how punishment for women is different than for men?
7. How is Antigone's entrance in The Phoenician Women used as an aid to the audience?
8. Why does the servant say Orestes won't be killed by approaching Aegisthus?
9. Who tells Electra of the upcoming feast? Why does she refuse to go?
10. Describe briefly the theme of fate in The Phoenician Women.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)