|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To drink.
(b) To give to their maidens.
(c) To clean meat.
(d) To wash.
2. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
(d) The farmer.
3. Electra condemns all men who confuse what with power?
4. Who is Agamemnon's son?
5. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
(a) He was born with it.
(b) He was shot with an arrow.
(c) Chasing a fawn.
(d) He was dropped as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opening scene of Electra?
2. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
3. What goddess will be celebrated in the beginning of Electra?
4. What does Electra ask her husband to get for them?
5. Orestes fears being tried for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. The end of the Electra reveals the author's (and likely the society's) point of view. What is it?
2. What led to Oedipus' downfall?
3. How are the deaths in the end of Electra received by the characters?
4. What does the chorus sing of once Orestes and Electra exit in Part Two of Electra?
5. Who delivers the final judgment in Electra? What is it?
6. What does the farmer chide Electra for as she speaks to Orestes in Part Two of Electra?
7. What does Orestes ask of the old man at the cottage?
8. What is the central conflict in The Phoenician Women?
9. Why do the brothers in The Phoenician Women fight against fate?
10. How is Antigone's entrance in The Phoenician Women used as an aid to the audience?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)