|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Electra explain to her guests the servant is?
(a) The one who saved Orestes.
(b) The one who works for Clytemnestra.
(c) The one who killed Pylades.
(d) The one who killed Agamemnon.
2. Who does Electra tell her husband the messengers are from?
3. Where does The Phoenician Women take place?
4. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her daughter's.
(c) Her son's.
(d) Her husband's.
5. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(a) His sons.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oedipus awarded for lifting the torment on Thebes?
2. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
3. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
4. How long is Agamemnon gone to war?
5. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the chorus sing of once Orestes and Electra exit in Part Two of Electra?
2. What does Orestes say of Electra's husband (as he pretends to be the messenger)?
3. Who recognizes Orestes?
4. Why does the servant say Orestes won't be killed by approaching Aegisthus?
5. Who are the Phoenician Women? What are their feelings in the play?
6. What is the irony of Electra's stance on woman's subservience?
7. The end of the Electra reveals the author's (and likely the society's) point of view. What is it?
8. What does the farmer chide Electra for as she speaks to Orestes in Part Two of Electra?
9. Who delivers the final judgment in Electra? What is it?
10. How are the deaths in the end of Electra received by the characters?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)