|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recognizes Orestes in the cottage?
(b) Agamemnon's servant.
2. Who is Electra married to?
(d) A poor farmer.
3. Who does Electra ask to hide the body of Aegisthus?
(b) The farmer.
(d) The chorus.
4. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(a) His sons.
(b) His daughters.
(d) His wife.
5. Who enters with Antigone in her first entrance in The Phoenician Women?
(d) The pedagogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
2. What is Oedipus awarded for lifting the torment on Thebes?
3. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
4. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
5. Who kills Laius in The Phoenician Women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the central conflict in The Phoenician Women?
2. What led to Oedipus' downfall?
3. Why does the servant say Orestes won't be killed by approaching Aegisthus?
4. How are the deaths in the end of Electra received by the characters?
5. Who delivers the final judgment in Electra? What is it?
6. What does Orestes say of Electra's husband (as he pretends to be the messenger)?
7. Who recognizes Orestes?
8. What happened to Agamemnon? What does the exposition tell us happened with Orestes and Electra?
9. What is Electra doing when she first enters the play? What does her farmer chide her for?
10. Who brings Electra food for their guests? What does he bring? What is his connection to Orestes?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)