|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
(b) Agamemnon's servant.
(c) Orestes' servant.
2. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
(c) The old servant.
3. Who does Electra send her husband to go find when the strangers enter the cottage?
(c) Her father's servant.
4. For what does Aegisthus offer Orestes party water?
(a) To drink.
(b) To clean meat.
(c) To give to their maidens.
(d) To wash.
5. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
2. Who is Agamemnon's son?
3. In The Phoenician Women, who has been living in Argos and marries a woman there?
4. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
5. When Orestes returns, who does Electra praise for his faithful friendship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who brings Electra food for their guests? What does he bring? What is his connection to Orestes?
2. Who delivers the final judgment in Electra? What is it?
3. What is Electra doing when she first enters the play? What does her farmer chide her for?
4. Why do the brothers in The Phoenician Women fight against fate?
5. What is the central conflict in The Phoenician Women?
6. Describe briefly the theme of fate in The Phoenician Women.
7. What does Electra do when she first sees Orestes?
8. Why does the servant say Orestes won't be killed by approaching Aegisthus?
9. How is the death of Aegisthus revealed? What effect does this have on the audience?
10. What does Orestes say of Electra's husband (as he pretends to be the messenger)?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)