|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
(a) Mistrusting her.
(b) Raping her.
(c) Not feeding her.
(d) Abusing her.
2. Who walks around Orestes looking at him in the cottage?
(a) The servant.
3. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
4. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
(a) The old servant.
5. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Electra doing when Orestes first sees her?
2. Who does Aegisthus want to kill for fear of revenge?
3. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
4. How long is Agamemnon gone to war?
5. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Electra do when she first sees Orestes?
2. Describe the dramatic irony in the messenger's speech to Electra in Part Three of the play.
3. Who recognizes Orestes?
4. What does Orestes say of Electra's husband (as he pretends to be the messenger)?
5. Who tells Electra of the upcoming feast? Why does she refuse to go?
6. Why and with whom has Orestes returned to Argos? Where do we first find him in the play Electra?
7. Who delivers the final judgment in Electra? What is it?
8. What led to Oedipus' downfall?
9. Who are the Phoenician Women? What are their feelings in the play?
10. Describe briefly the theme of fate in The Phoenician Women.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)