Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orestes fears being tried for what?
2. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A king.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A beggar.
3. Where does Agamemnon go to fight?
4. What does Aegisthus throw on the altar when with Orestes?
5. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
(a) A wig.
(b) A tiara.
(c) A crown.
(d) A water jug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
2. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
3. Who does Aegisthus beg to protect him and destroy his enemies?
4. Who does Electra call unfaithful, attractive to women, but a worthless coward underneath his pretty face?
5. What does the chorus inform Electra of in the beginning of Electra?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Creon fight against the fate of the gods?
2. Who is the superior military strategist between Eteocles and Creon? Why?
3. Why is Dionysus not at fault in The Bacchae?
4. What does Orestes comment on about riches regarding the farmer? What prompts this?
5. What does Orestes say of Electra's husband (as he pretends to be the messenger)?
6. Describe the dramatic irony in the messenger's speech to Electra in Part Three of the play.
7. Why do the brothers in The Phoenician Women fight against fate?
8. Who recognizes Orestes?
9. Why do the Argives retreat in the battle with the Thebians?
10. What does Electra do when she first sees Orestes?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)