|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who married Electra to her current husband?
2. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
3. What kind of blade does Orestes use to skin the animal with Aegisthus?
4. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
(c) The Dioscuri.
5. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus that he and his party are?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
2. Who is Laius' son?
3. Who walks around Orestes looking at him in the cottage?
4. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
5. Orestes fears being tried for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tells Electra of the upcoming feast? Why does she refuse to go?
2. What is Jocasta's fate in the end of The Phoenician Women?
3. What does Eteocles initially tell Creon in their meeting?
4. In Etecleocle's scene with Creon, how does he seal the fate of the play?
5. How does Creon fight against the fate of the gods?
6. How is Pentheus' death described?
7. Why do the brothers in The Phoenician Women fight against fate?
8. How does Electra react to the strangers coming into her home?
9. What is Antigone's fate at the end of The Phoenician Women?
10. What natural occurrences does Dionysus bring upon Thebes? How does he use this to affect Pentheus?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)